The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Sooo warwick or ucl for economics haha everyone has this dilemma
Original post by masterhabs

That is genuinely a very very difficult choice.
Original post by Tazza'sNightmare
If you can't do maths, do physics. If you can't do physics, do engineering. If you can't to engineering, do chemistry. If you can't do chemistry do geography. If you can't do geography do history. If you can't do history, do media. If you can't do media, do photography. If you can't do photography, do sport science. If you can't do sport science, do economics

Can't tell if retarded or one of those deluded STEM students... Do you wan shum?
If you can't do maths, do physics. If you can't do physics, do engineering. If you can't to engineering, do chemistry. If you can't do chemistry do geography. If you can't do geography do history. If you can't do history, do media. If you can't do media, do photography. If you can't do photography, do sport science. If you can't do sport science, do economics

I'll give it ya
Original post by sr-96
I'm not sure if you remember this, but at the UCL open day they said that they are a bit lenient grades wise as long as you haven't firmed LSE and insured UCL. If you firm Oxbridge and put UCL as an insurance then they said they can be lenient.

I thought they said that if you firmed them they would take AAA following an A*AA offer and if you didn't firm and missed the grades they wouldn't accept you.

I really wish I could put them as my insurance but for now I'm working towards 3A*'s to be safe :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrBowcat
I'll give it ya

Dont care
Original post by jchap9776
Can't tell if retarded or one of those deluded STEM students... Do you wan shum?

watch this video, it backs up my point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Reply 3167
Original post by MrBowcat
Why is that they are not lenient if you have firmed LSE? Rivalry?

Well I think it's because they think their econ courses are very similar in terms of reputation but I'm not entirely sure :tongue:
Original post by tazza ma razza
Yh, DRC man! seriously, the way it is so interesting to learn about the micro economics of DRC... Economics is still better than maths - you guys need to be more HUMBLE, thinking you can do S3 and C4 and M1 ...

who cares about real world application. Abstract group theory is what the world really needs
Dont care

You're a foool, and a waste of time. Good night.
Reply 3170
Original post by EHZ17
I thought they said that if you firmed them they would take AAA following an A*AA offer and if you didn't firm and missed the grades they wouldn't accept you.

I really wish I could put them as my insurance but for now I'm working towards 3A*'s to be safe :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh... I'm sure they said something along the lines of 'if your firm Oxbridge we understand but if you firm LSE then we won't be lenient if you miss your grades'.

Haha good plan but I'm sure you'll be fine anyway:tongue:
Original post by sr-96
Oh... I'm sure they said something along the lines of 'if your firm Oxbridge we understand but if you firm LSE then we won't be lenient if you miss your grades'.

Haha good plan but I'm sure you'll be fine anyway:tongue:

Ahh mann if that was the case that would be amazing. I will have to look this up, are you 100% on this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3172
Does anyone know if we'll get to see what the accommodation is like at the UCL open day?
who cares about real world application. Abstract group theory is what the world really needs

Never mention group theory again agh

Posted from TSR Mobile
watch this video, it backs up my point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Still a mug 😂
Reply 3175
Original post by EHZ17
Ahh mann if that was the case that would be amazing. I will have to look this up, are you 100% on this?

I'm not 100% sure, I could have easily misunderstood. I know that there's an upcoming UCL open day and quite a few people are going to that from this thread so maybe ask one of them what was said before you firm and insure?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Never mention group theory again agh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Group theory group theory group theory group theory group theory group theory
Original post by masterhabs

UCL would be more fun IMO, and it would be easier to make contacts and/or get internships as ur in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
take a gap year and apply for maths. Economics is crap anyway

What you moaning about?
It's one of the subjects in which you can do pretty well.
P.S Are you at uni?
Reply 3179
Original post by Skill Twix
What you moaning about?
It's one of the subjects in which you can do pretty well.
P.S Are you at uni?

Ignore him, he's trolling

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending