The Student Room Group

Girls, does height matter to you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bealzibub
Does your partners height matter to you in a relationship?, if so what is the minimum height?

Also, please state your height too

It matters so much as it's extremely important what the guy's height is. If they aren't between 5"10.787 - 6"1.946 then i discount them immediately from any relationship and they have no potential.

I check their exact height as soon as they start to talk to me, with a tape measure i keep in my pocket.

I'm 4"11ish
It certainly does. I'm 5'9" and wear heels most of the time. Anything above 6ft is good.
I'm 5'5 and he has to be taller than me; ideally 5'8+ as I always wear shoes with a heel.
(Plus any children would be mixed and tall :wink:)
Reply 23
In the USA 14% men are 6ft tall and only 4% are 6'2 or taller, women really do want the top percentage of guys don't they.
Reply 24
I wouldn't like to be with a guy who was smaller than me. My boyfriend is 5ft8 which is kind of small for a guy but I'm 5ft2 so I don't mind! As long as they're taller than me it's cool
Height matters a little as I'm short so taller the better but not too tall. 5'6" - 5'8" is good enough, I'm 5'1".
Can't be dealing with 5'11 and 6ft+ again #neckhurts
Original post by ubi1
In the USA 14% men are 6ft tall and only 4% are 6'2 or taller, women really do want the top percentage of guys don't they.

Haha I know right. Although, this generation is definitely taller tho.. Anyone who is shorter than what they would like should just wear shoe lifts to gain an inch of two.. should be okay given women deceive us with their appearance 24/7
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Haha I know right. Although, this generation is definitely taller tho.. Anyone who is shorter than what they would like should just wear shoe lifts to gain an inch of two.. should be okay given women deceive us with their appearance 24/7

soo true +1:wink:
Original post by ubi1

On the other hand, it really doesn't take a 99th percentile intelligence to correctly parse the qualifying significance of the word 'ideal' as relates to such a question.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm 5'8 and my boyfriend is 5'11. As long as he isn't shorter than me I don't mind!

I guess you're incapable of being able to detect whether a woman is wearing heels? If you're talking about make up, technically the way you style yourself/your face is a better way of showing who you are then the face you were given by genetics with no say in the matter.
Prefer tall guys. I'm around 5 foot 2 or 5 foot 3 and my partner is 6 foot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
As long as he's at least the same height as me I'm not really bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come this matters so much to girls? I'm not criticising, since you can't help what you're attracted to, but it seems like basically no girls would date a guy shorter than them.
I'm almost 5"7 but i prefer guys nearer to my height, so around 5"8 to 5"9. :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Anonymous
How come this matters so much to girls? I'm not criticising, since you can't help what you're attracted to, but it seems like basically no girls would date a guy shorter than them.

Height is a sign of masculinity, and women find masculine traits attractive, just like men find feminine traits attractive e.g: Long hair, breasts, full lips etc.
Reply 35
I prefer taller guys, but considering I'm only 5'2, and rarely wear heels, it's not hard to be taller than me :lol:
6'4 master race here. :colone:

Can confirm my height has only ever been a plus.
Original post by Quantom
Height is a sign of masculinity, and women find masculine traits attractive, just like men find feminine traits attractive e.g: Long hair, breasts, full lips etc.

Yeah but whilst eg long hair on girls may be a preference, I've never heard a guy say "I'd never go out with a girl with short hair".

Whereas for women, a guy's height seems like a requirement rather than a preference. Essentially every girl says they wouldn't date a shorter guy. I just find it strange that it is emphasised so much, but I guess it's just hardwired evolutionary preferences.
Reply 38
6'2 master race checking in. No surprise the 6'2+ Option is on top.

Even without studies us tall guys would already know most girls love tall guys.
Does your partners height matter to you in a relationship?, if so what is the minimum height?

Also, please state your height too

Not voting because I don't have a specific height for the ideal man. My boyfriend is 6'3, I am 5'3. Height doesn't really get in the way and him being a lot taller than me doesn't bother me what-so-ever.

I'm not shallow enough to not date somebody because they were smaller than me. We all have our faults.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending