The Student Room Group

share your study music

What music (if any) do you like to listen to whilst studying? I like listening to music by Tycho there are no words so it doesn't distract, its good for blocking out noises around you but still let's you focus.

Scroll to see replies

I'm a complete nerd so the Final Fantasy VII Soundtrack can pull me through long hours of homework :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by thalikat
I'm a complete nerd so the Final Fantasy VII Soundtrack can pull me through long hours of homework :biggrin:

I also have the game of thrones soundtrack but its too distracting for me I start picturing myself in kings landing :s what about classical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em211997
I also have the game of thrones soundtrack but its too distracting for me I start picturing myself in kings landing :s what about classical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bach isn't distracting. Also, searching violin concertos on YouTube and leaving it on Autoplay really helps :cool:

This :gah:

And the concentration music playlist on spotify.
All my normal music: j cole kendrick lamar wrekonize (on play right now, addicted to his album the war within).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thecatwithnohat

That spotify playlist :badger: YES
And Finn's Chill-out on spotify as well
Reply 7
Bach isn't distracting. Also, searching violin concertos on YouTube and leaving it on Autoplay really helps :cool:

Thanks will do need some new stuff have mocks coming up :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Devran22
All my normal music: j cole kendrick lamar wrekonize (on play right now, addicted to his album the war within).

Posted from TSR Mobile

But how can you concentrate on your work if youre listening to the music at the same time?
Reply 9
Original post by thecatwithnohat

What would we do without Spotify :awesome::awesome::ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
But how can you concentrate on your work if youre listening to the music at the same time?

I just do it acc helps me concentrate Tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I listen to music I know really well, once you've heard it so many times it kind of just becomes background to me, whereas new music I have to actually listen to the sound.... If that makes sense...
Original post by AdamCee
I listen to music I know really well, once you've heard it so many times it kind of just becomes background to me, whereas new music I have to actually listen to the sound.... If that makes sense...

This. It makes sense, that's why I always play my songs I've known and love. New songs are for when I go for a walk or chill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Bears Den - Islands
Reply 15
Original post by Devran22
I just do it acc helps me concentrate Tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok I guess if it works for you :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by AdamCee

For me it depends. I really like the band blur and some music I can just tune out the words but I find myself skipping songs like park life as I get too tempted to hum along haha.
Reply 17
How long does everyone spend revising just out of interest per day?
What music (if any) do you like to listen to whilst studying? I like listening to music by Tycho there are no words so it doesn't distract, its good for blocking out noises around you but still let's you focus.

This playlist is awesome for studying!
My Cognition playlist is made up of my favourite studying songs, some were selected from it and elsewhere.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Madeon's Adventure album really helps me revise..it's really calming and relaxing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending