The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wenger hates Walcott I reckon
Walcott the "impact sub", most likely gonna replace Ozil on the hour
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Wenger hates Walcott I reckon

Or he's realised that he is now the new Podolski. Soon to become obsolete in our squad, his main attribute he possess is no longer unique to him in our team.

I have a sneaking suspicion that TW14 may be on the way out in the summer, currently has less than 18 months on his contact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by al_94
That lampost Giroud starts again. He should give Szczesny a chance now Ospina has been poor recently. Monreal has been dropped despite of his good recent performances. At least that Giraffe Mertesacker has finally been dropped and we can see Gabriel.

Arsene loves Giroud. Dropping him after his horror show against Monaco would completely crush his confidence.

Ospina, however has been garbage of late. Gone from 3 clean sheets in his first 3 to 7 goals conceded in 4. The Ospina Experiment should be over now, get Szcz back in goal.

Coquelin has been saying Per's arse over the last few weeks, he got found out against Monaco, right to be dropped.

Monreal must be carrying a knock, I don't see why he lost his place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
YESSS bye Merta, sit on the bench for a bit. Hmmm Ospina still in goal...ok ok. I can live with that.

This win is even more ****ing important now that Liverpool and deservedly so, have won.

COYG!! :biggrin:
dont really like the liverpool result..

Nice to have the potential to only be 4pts off city.. but liverpools second half of the season form is so good at the moment.. and they are our next ' big' game
Why should Giroud be dropped? Yes he had a **** game but dropping him won't help at all. Who is he going to be replaced with? Alexis up front? Nah I'll pass.
Walcott should be in our best 11 quite easily whilst on form.
Yeah, Walcott is an important player for us. He's the only one who doesn't want the ball to feet and makes forward runs. He's the exact type of player that Ozil needs too and let's not forget he's pretty clinical when in form.

Having said that he could improve on his work rate for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hayles101
My my, you have been doing a fair bit of United bashing on here of late Lukey boy, squeaky bum time getting to you? :wink:

In fairness this post is a bit better and a bit less 'united are utter ****' than some of your other recent ones :tongue: You made some good points about Valencia and Young being like new signings. But I think you are being too harsh on Van Gaal.

He has balls where Moyes didn't for starters. More than happy to haul are record signing off at half time for a young player when the former was badly under performing. Moyes was too scared to make big calls due to the repercussions.

Also, although I agree that the fact we don't have a rigid formation, starting XI etc in the month of March is extremely frustrating, we are still 5 players away from having a proper squad, which has therefore caused tinkering continuously to try and find a balance. Not easy when the squad inherited was so horrendously unbalanced.

I also feel Moyes dug his on grave in spending a summer chasing unrealistic targets and ending up with Fellaini, who he previously managed yet couldn't even use properly. Baffling. Our signings bar Falcao have been the right ones, and I believe he was Woodwards doing anyway.

All that said, I agree is has not been good enough and I hoped we would have progressed quicker. But don't underestimate the mess he picker up after Moyes. I do still believe if we scrape top 4, Van Gaal could build something that will compete on all fronts. But fact of the matter is we have to get top 4 now and we're running out of time to find form. It's between us and you in my opinion. Arsenal are agiven, they always qualify some how.

I think Van Gaal will pull something out of the bag, that's my gut. Could be wrong though, it's 50/50 right now and today's result will be important. Although everything really comes down to Anfield fixture. If you drew today for example but won at Anfield, that'd make you favourites considering our fixture list. But if you lost/drew today and then we won at Anfield, it's over IMO. Fine margins.

Anyway credit to Rogers for turning the team around. The season would still be a failure for Liverpool fans if you finished outside top 4 and won nothing. But you have a chance at both, and you looked dead and buried a couple of months ago. I think as Liverpool fan you can see the good in giving an under performing manager plenty of time, if you think long term he is right. Rogers and Klopp are prime examples of this.

Edit: Just realised this was the Arsenal thread. Apologies guys, didn't mean to hijack your thread onto Liverpool/United chat. My bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh hayles you know me, i like to mix it up; i'm a badass like that :wink:

well before you were just awful but at least now you're tried to change things a little.
you still needd to go a bit further by dropping falcao but it's clear you're beginning to find the right players and the right system.
it's just a question of whether it's a little too late to still be optimising your set-up at this stage.

honestly i don't think he much more balls tbh; it took him a long, long time to realise that di maria just isn't cutting it, not to mention how much leeway he has given falcao in general.

true, moyes was very poor in the transfer market.
i just feel like the general attitude wasn't right for him, almost like people didn't believe he was good ebnough for the job.
they didn't believe in him so they didn't work hard enough for him, so he didn't get the results.
i really do feel for moyes; he just wanted a job on a bigger stage and it essentially ruined his reputation merely because he happened to be the successor to one of the greatest managers of all time.

the issue i have with LVG is that he has had a massive amount of resources and hasn't even had european distraction, yet isn't doing THAT much better than moyes imo, particularly with regards to performance levels.
you may be winning the points, but in the long term you need to perform and play good football; with respect you're nowhere near the manchester united that is expected.

so yeah....we just won :colone:
no offence but we're unstoppable right now; i don't see you getting anything from anfield although football is a crazy game.
depressingly, those 2 points jagielka stole from us really could decide who makes top 4 this season :frown:

top 4 is all we want; anything else was just going to be a bonus.
2 points behind you now, you scared? :biggrin:

pfffft, who cares if this is the arsenal thread?
we live life on the edge:cool:
I wonder how many times Ox will give the ball away today.
WTH is this formation?
Original post by midnightice
I wonder how many times Ox will give the ball away today.

just 3 times....right in to the net :cool:
Original post by fallen_acorns
dont really like the liverpool result..

Nice to have the potential to only be 4pts off city.. but liverpools second half of the season form is so good at the moment.. and they are our next ' big' game

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
This win is even more ****ing important now that Liverpool and deservedly so, have won.

well hello there :lfc: :awesome:
looool that guy' "LEAVE THEM DOWN AND PLAY ON! **** SAKE"
Coquelin Coqblocking nicely there.
everton will score first, heard it here first
Nah the Ospina chant can actually go to hell now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gabriel, what the actual ****?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gabriel is shocking another Squilacci

Latest