The Student Room Group

TSR is a forum where males are more vocal, and abuse/sexism/arrogance is rewarded?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by macromicro
There is no sign of agreement in any of your replies to me. You also seem to think you have disagreed with Smash Bandicoot yet he believes the opposite - are you sure you even know what you're typing and where? Here are your two replies:

Clear disagreement, no rebuttal.

Smash Bandicoot managed to identify my sarcasm on his second attempt. Keep trying :yy:
Why is males being vocal supposed to be a bad thing?
Original post by yo radical one
I always wonder why feminists (most of whom are white themselves) are so obsessed with White men. White/Western culture is probably the feminised and most gynocentric, I mean this is the race which gave you Ed Sheeran, who is hardly this ruthless agent of the patriarchy.

couldn't agree more man, i'm white and it pisses me off.
i have nothing against feminism as an ideology; a goal of equal rights and opportunities.
what i do have a problem with though is the misuse and misunderstanding of what feminism actually is.

i see so many pseudo-feminists who use the movement as an excuse to berate men for their own deranged personal reasons.
they don't want gender equality, they want female superiority (as evidenced by their apparent hatred of males).
if i were a "true" feminist, i would be very disappointed and offended at how many people bandwagon in this way, completely ignoring the real aims of feminism; merely attributing their own as they see fit.

one thing worth thinking about though:
to what extent should equality be reached for two genders that are fundamentally different in a great number of ways (biologically, behaviourally, socially, etc...)?
should typical social convention and tradition be changed?
should female benefits both good and bad be abolished in order to level the field?
should men for example stop paying for everything on dates because that would not display equal gender roles in a social environment?

overall it feels like many people are using their mouth rather than their mind.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
There are indeed a lot of 'smart' people on TSR who think they are ****ing gift sent from God to explain us their enlightening crap by making up poshy, irrelevant,pretentious and nonsensical arguments - some of them are funny, some mind numbingly stupid and judgemental. You'll learn to ignore them. The thing is, everyone can say their opinion and well trained trolls can make up crap about why they are right better. Don't take things personally.
It's TSR, you'll love it :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 164
Original post by SiminaM
There are indeed a lot of 'smart' people on TSR who think they are ****ing gift sent from God to explain us their enlightening crap by making up poshy, irrelevant,pretentious and nonsensical arguments - some of them are funny, some mind numbingly stupid and judgemental. You'll learn to ignore them. The thing is, everyone can say their opinion and well trained trolls can make up crap about why they are right better. Don't take things personally.
It's TSR, you'll love it :wink:

As opposed to your meticulously fleshed out argument of I was told it should be this way therefore it should be so? :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ilem
As opposed to your meticulously fleshed out argument of I was told it should be this way therefore it should be so? :laugh:

I didn't try to make an argument, just said how I see things.
I was told it should be this way therefore it should be so? - huh? I don't get it... :confused:
I just don't understand the personal attacks on this site.
I feel as though manners are left at the door because unlike in real life, there are no consequences for being impolite.
I don't understand why people think this makes it okay, the internet is a social situation like any other and clearly isn't a 'liveable' environment for everyone (with people's being chased away by the personal attacks and their opinions being ridiculed,) when certain groups don't behave in a civilised manner.
It's not okay to make people feel unwelcome because you believe they're a lesser human being than you. Who gave you that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think?

I have noticed that responses to most threads, apart from the degree/ offer holder/ job threads, posts start off being quite respectful, sociable and reasonable, and then the same names appear, and give their arrogant, narcissistic, self-centered, 'logical' and judgmental opinions. They are always male, often white, usually heterosexual. It's almost like a mental illness a lot of them have. I say white because most people in UK are white, and most users are from UK, and many of them have photos of themselves. But not always white(!).

I've also noticed that they tend to dominate discussions on TSR. The same few boys/ young men appear everywhere, they are abusive, rude and dismissive and literally have acquired 'legend' status because of it. Does anyone else find this disturbing. I am new to TSR, why is this? Is this a thing you all know about?

Also, I see the word sexist and misandry being used a lot, against the female posters who are brave enough to actually speak. This is something I've not encountered irl and my friendship group is mixed! Who are these boys/men? And why does everyone accept their abuse? I've literally watched threads descend into hatred, female posters being attacked for the views, or male posters saying the same thing, after abusing them, and being congratulated for their insight.

I feel like there's something I'm missing :s-smilie: Is there rule about males/females on here? Why are people so rude here?

I thought about leaving because, was quite shocked, but you can't leave.There is no deactivate button? So would love to hear from people and your views, especially posters that don't usually post at all or feel silenced.

Thanks

Think about it. It's a reaction to the political correctness that people have been bombarded with for years.

This political correctness is not just some joke. Peoples homelands are being changed beyond recognition in Europe. This is a similar thing to what happened in Palestine except it's being done through stealth not the gun.

Tony Blair changed the face of Britain perhaps forever and his establishment tried to enforce an Orwellian type language to stop people discussing it. Discussing it was called racism.

The Internet has become the forum where people can discuss freely what is going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ikidyounot.
Aside from this thread being subsumed by the exact posters OP intimated, who tend to dominate discussions all over TSR, it also reveals other things which may explain why this happens.

Said posters are clearly narcissistic, but this mind-set is reinforced by their interactions with other people. Critical thinkers, women, ethnic minorities, sexual minorities, people that cut across more than one of these social categories, and open-minded people across the board might interject, in the form of posts, threads, and discussions, but the fact remains that on this forum and irl, selfish, egotistical behaviour and an unflinching belief in a particular thought system (Science, political theory, economics) pays and is rewarded.

Why would you change if you were on the winning team. Especially if all you've been taught all your life, is the importance of winning. You would need to be empathetic, compassionate or both and/or an imagination. This doesn't come naturally to everyone, and isn't necessary for some people to get on in life.

Hang on... How do you get "narcissist" and "egotistical behaviour" from people discussing ideas contrary to the mainstream under a pseudonym? Do you have to be selfish to to have seen where we've been and where we're heading?

What you're saying is this: all dissenters of the contemporary political regime have a mental disorder and must be 1. not taken seriously and 2. silenced when possible. What this is is self-censorship; you're doing your leaders a loyal favour and your country a disservice.
Great post.

Thank you very much. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's interesting, because it's only a specific minority that I ever hear saying they feel oppressed by 'political correctness'.

Actually, it's only a specific minority that ever uses the term 'political correctness'.

What exactly is political correctness, in your opinion?

See my thread entitled cultural Marxism. Political correctness is when schools say that they are enforcing higher standard when in reality they are enforcing double standards. E.g. golden Dawn is bad but African National Congress is good, gay priests are good for Christianity but gay Imams are not good for Islam, and gay Rabbis are not good for Judaism, only whites can be racist, only men can be sexist, a gay is right if in dispute with a Christian but an Islamic is right in the same dispute, Germany had no historic rights to the territories where it's people still lived from 20 years back in 1939 but Israel has a mythical history right to land from 2,000 years back, mass immigration is good for Britain but not Israel etc etc.

Political correctness is a lot of nonsense arguments to use a kind of structure to get someone's agenda past a body of people.

It was invented in Stalinist Russia as a form of political control.
You aren't the poster I was speaking to, but I will oblige you with a response.

Be more specific. You sound like a cultural Marxist yourself, using a sweeping theory illustrated by examples from all over the world. Fill in the gaps, don't be scared. What does political correctness mean for you, whoever you are, wherever in the world you live. ' A kind of structure', 'someone' 'agenda' 'a body of people'? And why does it make you so angry. Because if you don't mind me saying, you sound furious.

I think I have described it well enough.

Do you have an agenda?

dishonesty and double standards make me furious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Right, so you interrupt a conversation with a vague, wishy washy soliloquy against 'political correctness' and then refuse to explain your feelings or beliefs.

I suppose that marks the end of our 'conversation' then.

Political correctness is literally a form of oppressive censorship. What self appointed censors like yourself do (either consciously or unconsciously) is use a form of "entrapment". You want to get someone arguing against the construct that is considered overtly censored so that you can then get the person discredited, banned, taken away by the secret police etc. for stating the truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So his thread's been bumped again

The problem is that feminism is flawed, and biased against men by definition, which true egalitarians object to, but because of the general intellectual and emotional maturity level of this website, we only have immature misogynist trolls (or worse Redpillers) to counter the points most days-and occasionally some well-learned MRAs

In the general public and professional sphere, especially outside of university or academic grounds (e.g. the workplace) not everyone understands the difference between objections to Western feminism and misogyny; if you protest feminism but you might as well hold a sign saying 'I like to rape women'. Therefore there is a culture of silence equal to that surrounding misogyny and oppression, except it's PC to be pro-feminist (even misandrist, belittling men, 'check your privilege etc.) it's not PC to speak for the other side.

Ergo it's safer here, it's a shame it always disintegrates into misogyny though
The problem with political correctness is that it's politically biased, you say whatever makes the government and nation appear cosmopolitan and progressive regardless of the many layers of truth, ergo it compartmentalises and generalises bid default. Not that I dislike cosmopolitanism, at all-but it is always worth seeing the many side to the story. In the case of feminism in the UK and USA there is the 'but what about men?' side, as well as further research into the LGBT community, transphobia etc., yet to truly come, but the most PC aspect is not egalitarianism, it is women's rights (which do still need work on as well)

As mentioned above it is censorship
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
Why is males being vocal supposed to be a bad thing?

because political correctness on feminism=censorship of men

Aside from this thread being subsumed by the exact posters OP intimated, who tend to dominate discussions all over TSR, it also reveals other things which may explain why this happens.

Said posters are clearly narcissistic, but this mind-set is reinforced by their interactions with other people. Critical thinkers, women, ethnic minorities, sexual minorities, people that cut across more than one of these social categories, and open-minded people across the board might interject, in the form of posts, threads, and discussions, but the fact remains that on this forum and irl, selfish, egotistical behaviour and an unflinching belief in a particular thought system (Science, political theory, economics) pays and is rewarded.

Why would you change if you were on the winning team. Especially if all you've been taught all your life, is the importance of winning. You would need to be empathetic, compassionate or both and/or an imagination. This doesn't come naturally to everyone, and isn't necessary for some people to get on in life.

Appeal to guilt? Ad hom? Come on bruh you can do better than this
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
because political correctness on feminism=censorship of men

Get out more
Get out more

you literally just said 'why is males being vocal a bad thing?' and I agreed, you're just engaging in confirmation bias due to my track record…cripes smh :rolleyes:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
you literally just said 'why is males being vocal a bad thing?' and I agreed, you're just engaging in confirmation bias due to my track record…cripes smh :rolleyes:

It is a rhetorical question.
It is a rhetorical question.

Evidently but I doubt OP or the latest dissenters would acknowledge that, likely to deliberately turn a blind eye

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending