The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Sleep still a mess woke up after three hours and spent the rest of the night just rolling over trying to get comfortable.
Went to derby, that was good but it took a lot to actually go. I was ready and just wanted to curl back in to bed and sleep. Could have done without a girl trying to cut in front of me and falling over making me fall over right at the start of training fair bit of pain from that one because we were racing.
I have to write an essay but I figured it's okay to give myself a few hours to nap before then since tomorrow is also essay writing. As is Tuesday. Really looking forward to term being over now, even with the exam beforehand.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
Sleep still a mess woke up after three hours and spent the rest of the night just rolling over trying to get comfortable.
Went to derby, that was good but it took a lot to actually go. I was ready and just wanted to curl back in to bed and sleep. Could have done without a girl trying to cut in front of me and falling over making me fall over right at the start of training fair bit of pain from that one because we were racing.
I have to write an essay but I figured it's okay to give myself a few hours to nap before then since tomorrow is also essay writing. As is Tuesday. Really looking forward to term being over now, even with the exam beforehand.
Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Well done on going to derby, hope you are ok after your collision! Is it a good idea to nap now, as won't that make your sleep worse?
Original post by rmhumphries
:hugs: Well done on going to derby, hope you are ok after your collision! Is it a good idea to nap now, as won't that make your sleep worse?

Quite possibly :colondollar: On the other hand I don't actually have anything on tomorrow so it's okay if I don't morning :smile: Plus I'm too tired to do work right now so sleep will be useful.
Trying to do work, but I feel like I can't focus. I mean I am getting the notes done, but I still feel like I'm not taking it in properly? Keep getting so distracted by bad thoughts, etc. :frown:

Hope everyone's ok! :grouphugs:
I've felt so down today:frown: Really lonely but have nothing to say to anyone and haven't done anything except sleep and stare at the ceiling. I'm alone:frown:
Does anyone here, or has anyone here ever kept a day in the life diary for depression/anxiety ?

Just wondering if anyone has an example of the kind of thing you could write, if diarying and writing about stuff isn't a strong point

Asking as been told it can be a useful form of evidence to send in to support an ESA claim

For example soe days due to fatigue and general motivation levels, i would struggle to write anything decent, so would you write about that

If anyone has any examples, or ideas of how to keep it simple and an easy thing to keep on top of, i would be so greatful

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Maid Marian
I've felt so down today:frown: Really lonely but have nothing to say to anyone and haven't done anything except sleep and stare at the ceiling. I'm alone:frown:

:hugs: You definitely aren't alone in MHSS :smile:

Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Does anyone here, or has anyone here ever kept a day in the life diary for depression/anxiety ?

Just wondering if anyone has an example of the kind of thing you could write, if diarying and writing about stuff isn't a strong point

Asking as been told it can be a useful form of evidence to send in to support an ESA claim

For example soe days due to fatigue and general motivation levels, i would struggle to write anything decent, so would you write about that

If anyone has any examples, or ideas of how to keep it simple and an easy thing to keep on top of, i would be so greatful

I keep a diary :smile: Don't really have any advice but I just write about how I've been feeling, why I think I feel that way, any significant thoughts I've had etc.

------------------

Finished my essay :woo: Honestly have no idea if it's any good or not so I've just submitted it anyway.

Was pushing my grandad in his wheelchair earlier and now I'm in agony with my knee, I think I put my weight on it wrong. I think it's going to come out so I'm scared to move too much, definitely going to have to get this sorted :sigh:
Reply 2147

For ESA, it can be good to get a cpn or someone to help you with the forms cos they generally know the score on them.

AFAICR, they ask fairly specific questions anyway so I don't know if you can just do like a letter or something - perhaps you can attach one though.

I think the 'day in the life' thing might be the suggestion that if you have some sort of varying condition, you should focus on what you are like on particularly /bad/ day on the form.

For me, at the height of depression, there wouldn't be much to write. When it gets bad, I stay in bed for days at a time, maybe getting up to go to the toilet or get food or water. At its very worst, I haven't always even bothered with that.
Original post by Pathway
Trying to do work, but I feel like I can't focus. I mean I am getting the notes done, but I still feel like I'm not taking it in properly? Keep getting so distracted by bad thoughts, etc. :frown:

Hope everyone's ok! :grouphugs:

:hugs: You're doing them though which is good! Here if you want to talk? Up to you, don't have to obviously.

I haven't, although have tried similar for other things (unsuccessfully!). Could you write a list of three or four common problems, like mood/anxiety levels/motivation etc, and give each a rating out of ten or something? Just an idea :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
:hugs: You're doing them though which is good! Here if you want to talk? Up to you, don't have to obviously.

I haven't, although have tried similar for other things (unsuccessfully!). Could you write a list of three or four common problems, like mood/anxiety levels/motivation etc, and give each a rating out of ten or something? Just an idea :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:penguinhug:

I feel really disconnected and far away. I think that everyone is laughing at me. :frown: I'll send you a PM. Thakn you. :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
:penguinhug:

I feel really disconnected and far away. I think that everyone is laughing at me. :frown: I'll send you a PM. Thakn you. :hugs:

:jumphug: Have replied.

Original post by Anonymous #2
:hugs: You definitely aren't alone in MHSS :smile:

I keep a diary :smile: Don't really have any advice but I just write about how I've been feeling, why I think I feel that way, any significant thoughts I've had etc.

------------------

Finished my essay :woo: Honestly have no idea if it's any good or not so I've just submitted it anyway.

Was pushing my grandad in his wheelchair earlier and now I'm in agony with my knee, I think I put my weight on it wrong. I think it's going to come out so I'm scared to move too much, definitely going to have to get this sorted :sigh:

Well done! It's done and submitted, which is far better than it could be :yep:
Sorry about knee :frown: Getting someone to look at it would definitely be a good idea :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Realised something big and horrible and scary just now...

The wedding im going to next year is near where both my abusers live, and i may be going up on my own, and the town ill have to change from train to bus is their home town and i dunno what ill do if i see them. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scary stuff, just pulled out 2 uni applications and firmed my only offer, but its what i want, now i am stress free knowing i wont lose the place! :smile:

Well done! It's done and submitted, which is far better than it could be :yep:
Sorry about knee :frown: Getting someone to look at it would definitely be a good idea :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - didn't think it'd ever end! Last time I thought I had done well on an assignment I scraped a pass by 6% so trying not to think about it too much :colondollar:

Yeah, going to book an appointment at the doctors tomorrow I think :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Hope you're ok :hugs:
Thanks - didn't think it'd ever end! Last time I thought I had done well on an assignment I scraped a pass by 6% so trying not to think about it too much :colondollar:

Yeah, going to book an appointment at the doctors tomorrow I think :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Hope you're ok :hugs:

A pass is still a pass though! And you've done really well on some others, too :yep: (unless I'm thinking of the wrong person :colondollar:)
Good luck! Hope it goes ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A pass is still a pass though! And you've done really well on some others, too :yep: (unless I'm thinking of the wrong person :colondollar:)
Good luck! Hope it goes ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got everything from 46 - 68 :lol: I get my next lab grade back on my birthday :eek3: I've definitely failed that one because I submitted it when I hadn't even finished/missed half of the stuff out so that'll be a nice birthday treat for me :mmm:

I've got everything from 46 - 68 :lol: I get my next lab grade back on my birthday :eek3: I've definitely failed that one because I submitted it when I hadn't even finished/missed half of the stuff out so that'll be a nice birthday treat for me :mmm:

They're all good! :eek: That has to be the advantage of a christmas birthday, I'd probably never have an exam/marks then! Happy early birthday though, whenever it may be :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great though! :h: My lowest is 55 and highest is 60...I think which i'm happy with :tongue:
They're all good! :eek: That has to be the advantage of a christmas birthday, I'd probably never have an exam/marks then! Happy early birthday though, whenever it may be :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, tis on the 10th :teeth:

(I reveal so much about myself on here, I'm hardly Anonymous anymore :mmm:)
Original post by IDukem
That's great though! :h: My lowest is 55 and highest is 60...I think which i'm happy with :tongue:

Thanks :redface: They're good solid grades you've got yourself :yep:

Thanks :redface: They're good solid grades you've got yourself :yep:

I got a presentation tomorrow, mans is scared :eek: :redface:

Latest