The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

St George's Physician Associate Studies 2015 Application cohort

I am currently a final year biomedical science student, studying at St George's and I am looking into doing this course in the future.

Seeing that there is no thread for this yet, thought I would start one up just in case any one is looking into applying for this course.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I had an interview for this course last week. I think the course looks good and the opportunities keep expanding on the NHS for using qualified PA's. They still don't have prescribing rights but they hope to obtain those in the near future.
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
How was the interview?
Reply 3
Original post by Vee92
How was the interview?

I quite liked the interview..I was hoping id hear back from them within the two weeks, but i guess they'll get back to all of us around the same time near june endish...

How did you find it?
Also, I was wondering how you planning on getting funding for the course?
Reply 4
I have my place confirmed for September!!! So over the moon! :smile:
Reply 5
Well done :smile: any pointers for future applicants? thanks :biggrin:
I have my place confirmed for September too! I'm so happy!

I guess you were in the group of 8 at the end of January?
The interview seemed to be more about how you'd think on your feet, ethically, morally, etc. Team exercise working together, prioritizing task, essay writing and a short Maths tests. I think the major thing was the OSCE's where they look at your response to various situations.

I lived in the USA for years and was in the military for a number of those, one of the things I earned was fully funded tuition and it also covers universities overseas, it won't cover all the tuition but I hope it will cover a lot of it.
Reply 8
Original post by annekeegan23
The interview seemed to be more about how you'd think on your feet, ethically, morally, etc. Team exercise working together, prioritizing task, essay writing and a short Maths tests. I think the major thing was the OSCE's where they look at your response to various situations.

I lived in the USA for years and was in the military for a number of those, one of the things I earned was fully funded tuition and it also covers universities overseas, it won't cover all the tuition but I hope it will cover a lot of it.

Ohh i know who you aree!! haha, Congratulations on getting the place! Cant wait to start :smile: Do you know if any one else from our group of 8 interviewed in Jan were offered the place or not?
I don't know I didn't hear anything. Were you in the group of 4 or dos we meet when waiting to go in? Trying to remember. I'm currently having a problem with my funding. They don't want to do the paperwork for the U.S. funding. I emailed Karen Roberts and she was sending an email to finance so il hoping there is something that can be done. I would hate to have to decline because of the funding. We both must have done well at the interview!
Original post by jv.lalloo
I have my place confirmed for September!!! So over the moon! :smile:

Congratulations on getting a place. I have an interview at St. George's next month and was hoping you could give me some more info on the interview. I'm particularly worried about this math and writing test. Do I need to prepare beforehand as the the invitation letter says I don't!

Thanks
I wouldn't worry about the interview, it really is something you can't prepare for except to be mindful of the skills they are looking for in a candidate. For example team work, moral & ethical responses, etc. the Math was basic calculations for measurement conversions in form of word problems. The essay was only 15 mins long and wasn't anything you could prepare, based on question they ask at the time.
Good luck!
I wouldn't worry about the interview, it really is something you can't prepare for except to be mindful of the skills they are looking for in a candidate. For example team work, moral & ethical responses, etc. the Math was basic calculations for measurement conversions in form of word problems. The essay was only 15 mins long and wasn't anything you could prepare, based on question they ask at the time.
Good luck!

Thanks! that makes me feel much more at ease.
Reply 13
Hi everyone,

I also have my place confirmed to start in September - so excited! I just wondered if you had started to think about what you would do regarding accommodation? I'm going to be moving to Tooting Broadway I think and wondered if anyone else was planning on doing the same thing?

Looking forward to meeting in September!
Original post by smeaj
Hi everyone,

I also have my place confirmed to start in September - so excited! I just wondered if you had started to think about what you would do regarding accommodation? I'm going to be moving to Tooting Broadway I think and wondered if anyone else was planning on doing the same thing?

I'm looking for accommodation at the moment, but I'm moving with my kids so will likely go further out so I can get a house as there will be three of us. September isn't that far away! I look forward to meeting you too.
Reply 15
Original post by smeaj
Hi everyone,

I really wish I had the money for accommodation! The thought about commuting everyday is scaring me a little. I did my undergrad at georges and for the first two years I lived at Horton halls, and for my final year, I lived at ingleby which is just 2 minutes away from uni AND within the hospital. I payed around 650 a month so if you want to look into it let me know. Other than that, students will be posting about accommodation or houses that are becoming vacant / have spare rooms. Join the group and see which one is more suitable for you!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/137700019700543/
Reply 16
Thank you so much for the advice - I will definitely look into those! How far are you going to commute each day?

I was thinking it would be really nice to organise drinks or something to meet everyone before starting - would you both be up for that? Do you know of anyone else who has accepted an offer?
Reply 17
Hello. I RECIEVED an offer too for september... congrats to everyone who also receieved offers.... i have a questions... have any of you considered doing part time?... if yes. than WHY?.... If no. than why?

Halz
Hi Halz,

I was originally considering part-time but now have funding so I don't need to, that would have been the only reason why as its so expensive in London. I also have a part-time job working remotely for the company I currently work for now to support my living expenses. If non of that had happened part-time would have been the way to go!
Anne
Reply 19
Hi Halz,

I was originally considering part-time but now have funding so I don't need to, that would have been the only reason why as its so expensive in London. I also have a part-time job working remotely for the company I currently work for now to support my living expenses. If non of that had happened part-time would have been the way to go!
Anne

Thank.you Anne for your reply.

With me the funding isn't much of the problem. Its just that i have a 2 year old daughter and also because i am aware the course is very tense. So.i was thinking, would it help reduce the pressure and would it be better if i spend more time with my daughter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending