The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
The chemists in my class said the same thing...kinda wish I chose Chem now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh there is some parallels between the learning of AQA Chemistry and AQA Physics, so doing both would've helped but it doesn't really matter because the concept isn't so difficult to grasp if you haven't done it.
Original post by CD223
Ah of course - are you doing Astro? If so, how far done are you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm doing Turning Points, I'd much rather do Astro.
Reply 182
Original post by Disney0702
Yh there is some parallels between the learning of AQA Chemistry and AQA Physics, so doing both would've helped but it doesn't really matter because the concept isn't so difficult to grasp if you haven't done it.

Hmm. I suppose there's a limit to how many A levels one person can take. I certainly couldn't do chemistry on top of my current subjects!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183
Oh right yes I remember now!
Astro seems okay so far, but we've only done lenses so I really wanna get onto the "proper" space stuff aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hmm. I suppose there's a limit to how many A levels one person can take. I certainly couldn't do chemistry on top of my current subjects!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chemistry is really challenging, it is the hardest A Level subjects and so demanding of your time.

What other subjects do you do?
Reply 185
Original post by CD223
Oh right yes I remember now!
Astro seems okay so far, but we've only done lenses so I really wanna get onto the "proper" space stuff aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll be finished with astro (and therefore all the content) after three more hours of lessons (or less)!
Reply 186
Original post by Disney0702
Chemistry is really challenging, it is the hardest A Level subjects and so demanding of your time.

What other subjects do you do?

I can imagine - my friends who do it also say that.
I do A2 Maths, Physics, Computing and History. It's slowly killing me inside. Haha. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Original post by Lau14
We'll be finished with astro (and therefore all the content) after three more hours of lessons (or less)!

Jealous! Does it get more interesting after lenses, because I'm disappointed so far hahah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Original post by CD223
Jealous! Does it get more interesting after lenses, because I'm disappointed so far hahah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah lenses is just that one random rubbishy topic the rest can be quite interesting although idk how interesting it comes across bc our teacher made some of it pretty boring (covered it all at GCSE astro which doesn't help my attention span now!)
Reply 189
Original post by CD223
Ah of course - are you doing Astro? If so, how far done are you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, we're doing black bodies
Reply 190
Original post by Lau14
Yeah lenses is just that one random rubbishy topic the rest can be quite interesting although idk how interesting it comes across bc our teacher made some of it pretty boring (covered it all at GCSE astro which doesn't help my attention span now!)

Ah I guess teaching can make a difference! From what I can tell from the lesson resources on our college's intranet it's essentially lots of Brian Cox videos in class haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Original post by FN510
Yeah, we're doing black bodies

Ooh, is that to do with radiation at different temperatures? I came across that term last year and can't remember its meaning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by CD223
Ooh, is that to do with radiation at different temperatures? I came across that term last year and can't remember its meaning

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, different stars of different temperatures have different peak wavelengths of radiation
omg, the stress is real. just had a test and I did terribly (If I get an A* in physics, my offer would so much easier to meet so I need an A*:s-smilie: )
and we haven't even gone through half of unit 5, cause our teacher focused a lot on practical (for some reason we all find practicals challenging, maybe because we are an international school)
haven't revised unit 4 either, and tomorrow I have first section of ISA.
I'm so failing this year :cry2::cry2::cry2:
(btw anyone doing turning points?)
Reply 194
Original post by FN510
Yeah, different stars of different temperatures have different peak wavelengths of radiation

Ah right thanks. Sounds more interesting than angular magnification!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Original post by Shahriyar
omg, the stress is real. just had a test and I did terribly (If I get an A* in physics, my offer would so much easier to meet so I need an A*:s-smilie: )
and we haven't even gone through half of unit 5, cause our teacher focused a lot on practical (for some reason we all find practicals challenging, maybe because we are an international school)
haven't revised unit 4 either, and tomorrow I have first section of ISA.
I'm so failing this year :cry2::cry2::cry2:
(btw anyone doing turning points?)

Positive thoughts! You'll be okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Original post by CD223
Ah I guess teaching can make a difference! From what I can tell from the lesson resources on our college's intranet it's essentially lots of Brian Cox videos in class haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, nearly dozed off today - red shift and binary stars - only two of us on our table were there, and Ed was pretty sleepy after missing out on his usual Monday morning nap in Maths for some reason. (I didn't even realise he sleeps in Maths and he sits in front of me... but in our other Maths lesson later today sleeping in classes came up in conversation and our teacher went "I always notice students sleeping, even if I don't say anything" ... oh dear :tongue: ). Only two more hours to go though until the course is complete!
Reply 197
Original post by Lau14
Yeah, nearly dozed off today - red shift and binary stars - only two of us on our table were there, and Ed was pretty sleepy after missing out on his usual Monday morning nap in Maths for some reason. (I didn't even realise he sleeps in Maths and he sits in front of me... but in our other Maths lesson later today sleeping in classes came up in conversation and our teacher went "I always notice students sleeping, even if I don't say anything" ... oh dear :tongue: ). Only two more hours to go though until the course is complete!

Wish I was in your class! Sounds so laid back yet weirdly also productive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Original post by CD223
Wish I was in your class! Sounds so laid back yet weirdly also productive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah physics generally he expects us to be working properly etc but he talks too much sometimes so... Maths are a strange combination that I think they mostly only do with our class, because we're further maths only we don't struggle as much (generally) with large parts of it and we're overall well behaved and willing to work. Our teachers are very good for maths and they teach us really well but also just kind of leave us to do whatever as long as we aren't disruptive and we're getting the work done as well (like both of the guys in front of me usually have at least one headphone in constantly). It's very nice really, I get so much done in those lessons because I use the freedom to do some homework usually plus we go through the actual maths faster than normal classes :biggrin:
Reply 199
Original post by Lau14
Yeah physics generally he expects us to be working properly etc but he talks too much sometimes so... Maths are a strange combination that I think they mostly only do with our class, because we're further maths only we don't struggle as much (generally) with large parts of it and we're overall well behaved and willing to work. Our teachers are very good for maths and they teach us really well but also just kind of leave us to do whatever as long as we aren't disruptive and we're getting the work done as well (like both of the guys in front of me usually have at least one headphone in constantly). It's very nice really, I get so much done in those lessons because I use the freedom to do some homework usually plus we go through the actual maths faster than normal classes :biggrin:

Jealous. Sounds like I went to the wrong college :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending