The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sharifa22
Hi which office was this for? and did you tick 2015 or 2016 TC? PS have you had your interview? any tips

Hi there!

This was for the London office. I ticked 2016.

Unfortunately my interview is not for another 3 weeks!
Original post by Able star
Just did the 2Birds video interview. I managed to say some good points but I also froze up a number of times before finally formulating the words and saying what I wanted to say. I really hope they take the whole time-pressure thing into account because I felt like I was sitting a Spanish/German/French oral exam from school.

I found this as well. I think this particular interview process will be new to a lot of people so I expect most of us will be in a similar boat!
Reply 3942
Anyone had Eversheds face to face interview?
Has anyone got a Dechert interview this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3944
Anyone who's done a Vac scheme at Mayer Brown - would really appreciate it if you could PM me :smile:.
Update on TLT London - "should hear back by the end of this week or into next"
good luck! I've just got one too and was rejected from my IM video interview and it went really badly so really nervous for this one. Are all the questions competency based or would it be good to research the firm a bit more too?
anybody heard from white & case post video?! (apart from the couple who heard on wednesday and the couple who heard on friday)
Do some firms silent PFO for vac schemes? I have sent off a number of applications (each had 31st Jan deadlines) and haven't heard back.... I'm 96% sure they are rejections but it would be nice to have the email confirmation so I can move on
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Do some firms silent PFO for vac schemes? I have sent off a number of applications (each had 31st Jan deadlines) and haven't heard back.... I'm 96% sure they are rejections but it would be nice to have the email confirmation so I can move on

Hey, wondering the same thing - especially about Taylor Wessing and HFW - has anyone been rejected by these?
Original post by vikkis20
good luck! I've just got one too and was rejected from my IM video interview and it went really badly so really nervous for this one. Are all the questions competency based or would it be good to research the firm a bit more too?

Sorry to hear about your IM interview, it wasn't the nicest of interviews! If you don't mind me asking, which office did you apply to and when did you hear back? I've not heard anything since I did mine.
How do assessment centres usually work when you are on a year abroad? Do the firms expect you to fly to London for them or is it usually possible for them to make alternative arrangements for you?
Original post by kalipso708
Hey, wondering the same thing - especially about Taylor Wessing and HFW - has anyone been rejected by these?

I'm still waiting for replies from Hill Dickinson (despite emailing asking for an update and I applied 3 months ago) and Boodle Hatfield - I haven't heard of any rejections for these firms apart from one from Hill Dickinson after they emailed for an update, so assuming they might be silent PFO's?
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I'm still waiting for replies from Hill Dickinson (despite emailing asking for an update and I applied 3 months ago) and Boodle Hatfield - I haven't heard of any rejections for these firms apart from one from Hill Dickinson after they emailed for an update, so assuming they might be silent PFO's?

..... You would think that spending so many hours on an application would warrant at least a generic rejection email from their part, right??!
MMS rejection! Good luck anyone who applied there :smile:
..... You would think that spending so many hours on an application would warrant at least a generic rejection email from their part, right??!

Yep, especially after emailing for an update but they just said that they are still reviewing applications :frown: I know that they are shortlisting their vac scheme places in March so if I've not been invited to interview by now I don't think I will be, so that's why I think they might not even reject people
Still nothing from White & Case...
Has anyone heard from Penningtons Manches or Winckworth Sherwood post application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FuzzySheep
Still nothing from White & Case...

Who wants to ring them up? :s-smilie:

Still waiting on both. Applied 21st Jan(Summer -TW) and 9th Feb(Spring Scheme-HFW).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending