The Student Room Group

What type of people vote Conservative?

I come from a generally working class background however i am likely to vote tory this year! But what type of people generally vote conservative in your view?!

(You can also state Labour if you wish :wink:)

Scroll to see replies

Rich people
Reply 2
People who are concerned about the economy
Reply 3
Toffs
All kinds of people, from billionaire's to working class people in the North. Same with Labour too. It's more about which issue people are concerned about or just voting habit, a lot of people vote a certain way just because their parents/friends do and they follow like sheep.
Reply 5
Original post by tupper_ware
All kinds of people, from billionaire's to working class people in the North. Same with Labour too. It's more about which issue people are concerned about or just voting habit, a lot of people vote a certain way just because their parents/friends do and they follow like sheep.

true!
Land owners, they may not be rich but they are asset rich.
People who care about the future of the country.
Reply 8
Original post by TheTechN1304
People who care about the future of the country.

in what sense in particular?
Original post by Bill_Gates
in what sense in particular?

Economically. Labour only brings destruction for this country.
Original post by queen-bee
Rich people

Tony Blair? Cherie Booth? Alistair Darling? Geoffrey Robinson?
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah.

Only rich people vote conservative and only benefit scroungers or poor people with no education vote labour. Only racists vote UKIP and only hippies vote Liberals. Super hippy students vote green.

I hate democracy so much.
Reply 12
Original post by Bill_Gates

I come from a generally working class background however i am likely to vote tory this year! But what type of people generally vote conservative in your view?!

(You can also state Labour if you wish :wink:)

I'm not gonna lie when I was younger and everyone I knew was left wing I thought anyone who voted tory was a right-wing nutter, then started to wonder how if only nutters vote for Conservatives, they manage to be one of the top 2 parties..... obviously now I realise that a lot of fairly moderate people vote Conservative, my housemate is pretty dead centre and he's planning to vote Conservative this year because of their economic policies....

Basically I guess what I'm trying to say is they're so big you really can't typecast, people have different reasons for voting for parties.
Original post by DiddyDec
Land owners, they may not be rich but they are asset rich.

Asset rich people and businesses go bust.

Cash flow is king.
Intelligent people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MatureStudent36
Asset rich people and businesses go bust.

Cash flow is king.

Then you have no idea how UK agriculture works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Then you have no idea how UK agriculture works.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sensing you don't either.

Many an asset rich company has gone bust because it ran out of cash.
People who maintain this misguided belief that earnings are proportional to the amount of effort you put in.
People who don't want Labour to ruin the country all over again.
Bill Gates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending