The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Midwifery students starting September 2015

Hi,
I am just looking for anyone else who has received an offer for West London 2015 September intake to study Midwifery and where you are planning on living ect :smile:

Scroll to see replies

If not received an offer but I have an interview next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Original post by lisahales
If not received an offer but I have an interview next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got a place :smile: interview was really tough, but it's one of those where you'll know if you've done well. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by harrisonhannah
Hi,
I am just looking for anyone else who has received an offer for West London 2015 September intake to study Midwifery and where you are planning on living ect :smile:

How long after your interview did you recieve an offer, I had my interview on February the 20th but haven't heard anything back yet. Also did you hear from ucas track or from the uni itself?
Original post by Hbry94
How long after your interview did you recieve an offer, I had my interview on February the 20th but haven't heard anything back yet. Also did you hear from ucas track or from the uni itself?

Erm I think it took 4 days but I can take up to 2 weeks I think I remeber them sayins but in interview was in november so it might take longer now they have less places to offer :smile:
Where are you guys planning on living? I was thinking paragon, but I'm not sure because of it not having an NHS specific area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by its_hannah_s
Where are you guys planning on living? I was thinking paragon, but I'm not sure because of it not having an NHS specific area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of going hillingdon so live in the hospital accommodation and its cheaper than the uni accommodation but im worried because ive never been there
That was my other option, there's only like £14 difference right? Would it cost more than that in travel expenses to get back and forth from uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was my other option, there's only like £14 difference right? Would it cost more than that in travel expenses to get back and forth from uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye the first year wasnt too bad but ive read people on here saying finding a house in the 2/3rd years costs a lot in Ealing, is west london your first choice?
Yeh, it's my only choice at the moment :L my boyfriend is going to uni in London as well though so I might move in with him second year to keep the costs down, but even so, travel expenses are stress😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh, it's my only choice at the moment :L my boyfriend is going to uni in London as well though so I might move in with him second year to keep the costs down, but even so, travel expenses are stress😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are my second but my first choice is surrey and their offer is high so there is a good chance i will end up going UWL, ye my boyfriend does too! I put hilligdon down when I went my interview but if I get in I think I will change it :smile:
Nice :smile: You had your interview in November right? I have a funny feeling we might have been in the same one :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice :smile: You had your interview in November right? I have a funny feeling we might have been in the same one :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye I think it was one of the first ones I think we might of been the only people that got offers from that one Ive not heard from anyone else, have you??
No me neither! I didn't think I was going to get it, I almost cried in the interview it was so tough :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
No me neither! I didn't think I was going to get it, I almost cried in the interview it was so tough :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I couldnt ring my mum for like an hour because I was trying to get over what had just happened, they asked me about everthing possible
I felt like I was being interrogated rather than interviewed to be honest!

*anyone that has an interview coming up, don't let this put you off :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
I felt like I was being interrogated rather than interviewed to be honest!

*anyone that has an interview coming up, don't let this put you off :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye It was nothing like any of my other interviews but I felt confident as they obviously think we could do the job
Exactly. I had an interview at Wolverhampton, and they were so nice I completely forgot I was at an interview and messed up, so I didn't get a place. As much as I hated the west London interview at the time, It was definitely a fairer test of ability and suitability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Exactly. I had an interview at Wolverhampton, and they were so nice I completely forgot I was at an interview and messed up, so I didn't get a place. As much as I hated the west London interview at the time, It was definitely a fairer test of ability and suitability.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye im moving really far and im 18 so I felt think I had a chance to address that and explain why I would be able to handle it, I had to do a role play at one and felt that was unfair
Some of the interviews are just strange...I had to take an item to one, and explain how it represented one of the six C's...how is that gonna show my suitability to be a midwife?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending