The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
How does the funding work when you study abroad? Do you still get the same loan etc or what else do you have to pay for?

Id also assume living in China would be cheaper?

you do get some scholarships. However, they usually arent enough to cover even half of your expenses (or at least its so for Australia)
Original post by N Kay
Hi guys I've gotten an offer from Nottingham to study Sociology and Criminology, I applied with 33 IB points.

So I'm wondering which accommodation is the best since I don't know what any of the halls even mean 'Florence boot hall' and stuff. I don't live in the uk either. If anyone has been there could they advise me which halls to live in? I'm thinking about either self catered or catered accommodation. Thanks. Inbox me xx

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App

hey!
Florence boot hall, Sherwood, Newark and all those are just fancy names :smile:. Some of them are related to Robin Hood or to nearby cities (like Lincoln and Derby). Anyway, those are self catered and are located either on University Park (main campus where you will be having lectures) or Jubilee. I think that they each have different types of room too (like I hear Ancaster hall is mainly en suites).
If you want self catered hall you have to live outside campuses. Those rooms are usually cheaper ofc but you have to walk to uni (or some halls like St Peter's Court) offera bus. Or you can just take a free hopper. Also, self catered offer 44 weeks contract which means you can leave your things in for Christmas while people at catered halls have to move out for all breaks.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I have chosen Physics with Theoretical Physics at Nottingham as my firm choice. Do I need to apply for Sir Peter Mansfield High-Achiever Scholarships or do all eligible students receive the scholarship automatically?
Hi, just firmed Nottingham for the adult nursing sept 15 intake so excited 😄just wondering if anyone else has firmed notts for adult nursing?
Original post by miasophia
Hi, just firmed Nottingham for the adult nursing sept 15 intake so excited ������just wondering if anyone else has firmed notts for adult nursing?

Hi, I've firmed Nottingham for Adult Nursing for September too! So will be joining you :biggrin:
Ah cool! Will you be staying in uni halls or travelling to uni?
Original post by RosieMarie
Hi, I've firmed Nottingham for Adult Nursing for September too! So will be joining you :biggrin:

Hello I have also firmed Nottingham for Adult Nursing! :smile: I'm applying for accommodation today I'm sooo stuck on where to go though, and whether to apply for an en-suite or shared bathrooms! :frown:
Bloody hell, I don't get my official offer until 25th March and so can't apply for accomodation until after then!

Am I unlikely to get a place at Broadgate Park after then?
What course are you applying for? :smile: yeah I'm sure you will! I'm just applying early for an en-suite haha
Original post by Mdotandrews
What course are you applying for? :smile: yeah I'm sure you will! I'm just applying early for an en-suite haha

I'm hoping to apply today too :smile: I've got an offer for childrens nursing. Where do you want for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyC96
I'm hoping to apply today too :smile: I've got an offer for childrens nursing. Where do you want for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw yay! :smile: I've applied for raleigh park and St Peters court. Where are you looking for?
I was stuck with that choice as well! I'm applying for accomodation today, raleigh park is my first choice and when I went to visit they said they tend to put nurses together in shared bathroom accomodation so think I'm gonna go shared!
I was stuck with that choice as well! I'm applying for accomodation today, raleigh park is my first choice and when I went to visit they said they tend to put nurses together in shared bathroom accomodation so think I'm gonna go shared!

Oh really? I've applied for both en-suite and shared at raleigh I thought I might as well seeing as it's available :smile: ahhh I'm so excited though haha!
Oh really? I've applied for both en-suite and shared at raleigh I thought I might as well seeing as it's available :smile: ahhh I'm so excited though haha!

How many halls did you apply for or did you just put raleigh park? I'm doing mine tonight haha
How many halls did you apply for or did you just put raleigh park? I'm doing mine tonight haha

I applied for raleigh park both ensuite and standard plus and then I applied for St. Peter's court as well :smile:
I applied for raleigh park both ensuite and standard plus and then I applied for St. Peter's court as well :smile:

Ahh really! I'm so excited to start now hahah 😄 Is you offer BBB?
Ahh really! I'm so excited to start now hahah 😄 Is you offer BBB?

I know same! Are you doing adult nursing!? And I'm doing BTEC so my offer is DDM 😊
I know same! Are you doing adult nursing!? And I'm doing BTEC so my offer is DDM 😊

Ahh! And yeah I'm doing adult nursing are you?😊
Ahh! And yeah I'm doing adult nursing are you?😊

Yeah same :smile: ahhh how exciting! I might see you in September then 😊
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Bloody hell, I don't get my official offer until 25th March and so can't apply for accomodation until after then!

Am I unlikely to get a place at Broadgate Park after then?

Broadgate is home to over 2000 students so it's unlikely that it'll fill up before then, you may find there is a room type that is unavailable but I doubt it :smile:
Aw yay! :smile: I've applied for raleigh park and St Peters court. Where are you looking for?

Same, with St. Peter's as my first and Raleigh as my second. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending