The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester Accommodation 2015!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aaronmoseley
Hello all!! I just got my offer in for Music Business at BIMM manchester, MSV looks okay from here but I need to do a visit. Has anyone managed to find any other options, if there is any?

Hey! I'm also on the music business course! I'm staying at parkway gate in a flat of 6, pretty sure there's 3 more rooms left, all ensuite and are worth the price. Not sure about MSV I've heard quite a few mixed reviews on it really!
Original post by gabbyfabrizio
Hey! I'm also on the music business course! I'm staying at parkway gate in a flat of 6, pretty sure there's 3 more rooms left, all ensuite and are worth the price. Not sure about MSV I've heard quite a few mixed reviews on it really!

Hello! Sounds good! I'm torn between BIMM and an offer from Bucks new university! I need to make a decision so I get grabs on good accommodation. I've not been to BIMM yet, have you been to any of the open days for music business?
Hello! Sounds good! I'm torn between BIMM and an offer from Bucks new university! I need to make a decision so I get grabs on good accommodation. I've not been to BIMM yet, have you been to any of the open days for music business?

I've got an open day coming up on the 21st March so going to check it all out then :smile: have you?
I've got an open day coming up on the 21st March so going to check it all out then :smile: have you?

nice! thats the day I'm going to visit! hopefully I can make a decision after that :-)
nice! thats the day I'm going to visit! hopefully I can make a decision after that :-)

Yeah hopefully it will help you decide! Let me know what you decide:smile:
Hey im torn between bimm and bucks for music business too! I've been to both bimm Manchester and Bristol open days and I deffo prefer Manchester but bucks looked so good too !!! Actually so stuck because like you said, need to try grab accommodation soon :'(
Original post by SpencerFarrance
Hey im torn between bimm and bucks for music business too! I've been to both bimm Manchester and Bristol open days and I deffo prefer Manchester but bucks looked so good too !!! Actually so stuck because like you said, need to try grab accommodation soon :'(

I suppose it's really which course and univeristy is more suited to your needs? do the courses vary much or?
Reply 47
Original post by Sarah-Louise m
Hey, I'm going to study songwriting in BIMM, I'm from Ireland so I'm not too sure on where to stay. I was looking at the Student Village though, is that place in you flat still available? :smile:

Hey, I'll be studying songwriting too :smile: I've already booked my room in msv I think the majority of BIMM students will be staying there as it's cheap and so close to BIMM!
Yea the courses are quite different. Manchester is more practical in terms of hands on projects and working with other students whereas bucks is literally like do the lecture then write an essay, there's no practical work
Original post by Tansytw
Hey, I'll be studying songwriting too :smile: I've already booked my room in msv I think the majority of BIMM students will be staying there as it's cheap and so close to BIMM!

Cool I'll see you there then :smile: yea I think I'll go for msv, it seems to be the handiest option!
Yea the courses are quite different. Manchester is more practical in terms of hands on projects and working with other students whereas bucks is literally like do the lecture then write an essay, there's no practical work

Ah I see, suppose it's whatever suits your personal opinions and what you want to do? I like the practical events tbh!
Reply 51
Original post by Sarah-Louise m
Cool I'll see you there then :smile: yea I think I'll go for msv, it seems to be the handiest option!

You will indeed! Yeah it's handy as well if you wanted to do any gigs because there's loads of live music venues around that area too :smile: I can't wait to start the course!
By the way, if any of you guys want to add me on facebook before we start feel free, my facebook is https://m.facebook.com/gabby.fabrizio?ref=bookmark x
Original post by Tansytw
You will indeed! Yeah it's handy as well if you wanted to do any gigs because there's loads of live music venues around that area too :smile: I can't wait to start the course!

Yea I was thinking that! me too, so excited! :smile:
I think thats why I would choose BIMM, I still want involvement with my other links to music like performance and that. Bucks seems a bit risky then. Another one of my options is London Met and i have an interview at SSR this friday....decisions
I think thats why I would choose BIMM, I still want involvement with my other links to music like performance and that. Bucks seems a bit risky then. Another one of my options is London Met and i have an interview at SSR this friday....decisions

Hopefully after your interview that'll help you decide! Good luck btw:smile:
Hopefully after your interview that'll help you decide! Good luck btw:smile:

thanks :smile:.....got a feeling its going to take a few headaches before I decide!!
thanks :smile:.....got a feeling its going to take a few headaches before I decide!!

I know the feeling! Took me a while!!
Yea that's why I'm swaying more towards bimm to be honest. Like I want the hands on experience that's guaranteed with the degree. Good luck with the interview mate
Yea that's why I'm swaying more towards bimm to be honest. Like I want the hands on experience that's guaranteed with the degree. Good luck with the interview mate

Exactly! BIMM looks to have a better scene around the music and studies. I'm feeling that! and thanks alot man!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending