The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pink_floyd
How do assessment centres usually work when you are on a year abroad? Do the firms expect you to fly to London for them or is it usually possible for them to make alternative arrangements for you?

I decided to fly for all of them since they offer you around 100-150 for expenses anyway. I guess that if there is only an interview you could arrange to do it via phone. Slaughter and May offered this arrangement and I guess that it is not the only one out there.
Original post by cutegirl15
Has anyone heard from Penningtons Manches or Winckworth Sherwood post application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing from PM but their deadline was on Saturday and they said they don't start looking at applications until after the deadline :smile:
Reply 3962
Has anyone heard from Weil post interview? Been waiting over a month now
Reply 3963
AC for BLP after not hearing for over a month! I applied for a vac scheme and a TC in my application and the email says I will be assessed for my suitability for a TC. Am I to assume that it's a straight TC assessment centre? I've emailed grad recruitment to find out exactly but was just wondering what anyone else thought?
Original post by cutegirl15
Has anyone heard from Penningtons Manches or Winckworth Sherwood post application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied more than a month ago! Haven't heard back yet :frown:
Original post by Lexi22
AC for BLP after not hearing for over a month! I applied for a vac scheme and a TC in my application and the email says I will be assessed for my suitability for a TC. Am I to assume that it's a straight TC assessment centre? I've emailed grad recruitment to find out exactly but was just wondering what anyone else thought?

my email from them says the same thing as yours. Weird cos there's no specific interview mentioned, so I presume it's for a vac scheme as they tend to interview at the end of the scheme. Confusing...
Original post by aashma93
Applied more than a month ago! Haven't heard back yet :frown:

Did you apply to both over a month ago? Good luck for both your applications!
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Nothing from PM but their deadline was on Saturday and they said they don't start looking at applications until after the deadline :smile:

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3968
Original post by Aspiringlawyer20
I found this as well. I think this particular interview process will be new to a lot of people so I expect most of us will be in a similar boat!

Wow - absolute car crash of a vid interview for B&B. Well, thats one less you guys will have to worry about :frown:

Good luck for your entries all.
Does anyone know what the deal is with Eversheds psychometric testing? They seem to have just skipped it this year and gone straight to telephone then face to face?[h="1"]
Reply 3970
Anyone heard from DWF post interview?
Reply 3971
has anyone heard from withers??
Original post by zanee
has anyone heard from withers??

Nope nothing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3973
got a pretty pissy email back from taylor wessing when i emailed them asking when i might hear back… didn't think it was too unreasonable to ask considering i submitted my application over a month ago!
Original post by np2807
got a pretty pissy email back from taylor wessing when i emailed them asking when i might hear back… didn't think it was too unreasonable to ask considering i submitted my application over a month ago!

In what way was it "pissy"? If I've not heard from a firm for a long time, I always email for an update - normally I just receive the "sorry for the delay, we are still processing applications and will be in touch in due course"
Original post by np2807

That's so annoying, what did they say? Send mine at the end of December, haven't heard a peep ...
Reply 3976
Original post by TrainingChopeful
In what way was it "pissy"? If I've not heard from a firm for a long time, I always email for an update - normally I just receive the "sorry for the delay, we are still processing applications and will be in touch in due course"

Original post by roseh92
That's so annoying, what did they say? Send mine at the end of December, haven't heard a peep ...

Maybe I read too much into it but they said this which I thought made it sound like they didn't appreciate me emailing at all:

As you can appreciated this is a very busy time for our small team so please bear with us as we wade through all of the emails and applications that we receive daily.

Regards
Original post by Rozzer123
my email from them says the same thing as yours. Weird cos there's no specific interview mentioned, so I presume it's for a vac scheme as they tend to interview at the end of the scheme. Confusing...

I was also confused about this as I applied for VS and TC so I emailed them today asking whether I would be having an interview too.

'Many thanks for your email.

Please be advised that there will not be an interview at the assessment centre.

We look forward to meeting you soon.'

So I'm guessing only after successfully completing the VS, will we get a final round interview for TC.
Reply 3978
Original post by pasdesdeux
Rejection by post from Cleary, at long last! Waiting for Sidley, then I'm done.

My application results (that I can remember):
Reed Smith: SBA - Interview - Offer
Taylor Wessing: AC - Offer
Jones Day: Interview - Offer (But had to turn down due to conflicting dates)

Dechert: Phone Interview - Interview invitation (but had to turn down as I was already engaged on their sole scheme date)

Cleary Gottlieb: Rejection
Hogan Lovells: SHL - Phone Interview - Rejection
KWM: Video Interview - Interview - Rejection (still a little sad about this; it was my first interview and I was desperately nervous)
Shearman: Rejection

It's been a long few months!

Have you interviewed with Sidely yet?
Original post by pasdesdeux

It's been a long few months!

So true!

Congrats on your successes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest