The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Track is back already. Only please, don't make it half past four in the morning like the last time!
Yeah, that's what I was curious about. I got no scribble and an interview, and like I said the other girl on my course got a pink scribble and an interview.
hey you guys would you like to add yourself to our page http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Slade_school_of_art_applicants_stalking_page_2015_entry
would love to see what your work is like
Just got the anticipated rejection :smile:
Reply 704
rejection email has come through! will they send one explaining reason for rejection like Oxford?
Original post by cericus
rejection email has come through! will they send one explaining reason for rejection like Oxford?

It is unlikely, they have around 1500 applicants per year and they can't send out a message for each student. Oxford have around 200 students to respond to so it's a lot easier for them.
has everyone got their rejections? Haven't got mine yet. But could be track issues
not mine :frown:
Original post by Notwinter
has everyone got their rejections? Haven't got mine yet. But could be track issues

Haven't got mine either yet but could just take track a while to update
Haven't received a rejection yet, did slade email you or did your ucas just update?
Reply 710
Nope. There seems to be no system. My portfolio review was first thing on Monday, but then my sticker was with T, so maybe the rejections are send in batches in alphabetical order? Probably tomorrow.
i wish they gave them first :frown: ive been waiting all day for a rejection and i know its coming!! its put a downer on my whole day!! I went to the supermarket and bought comfort eating foods!! I could sue them for making me obese and lowering my chances of a long life!! hahahaha!
Reply 712
Original post by cericus

Oxford never gave me a reason, just a generic email lol
Reply 713
Original post by eei
Nope. There seems to be no system. My portfolio review was first thing on Monday, but then my sticker was with T, so maybe the rejections are send in batches in alphabetical order? Probably tomorrow.

The letter is the first letter of your surname is it not, also anyone still waiting on goldsmiths please join me in being impatient and miserable
Reply 714
At least you have your other offers.
I'm still waiting for Camberwell, even my interview was last Tuesday
rejected :^/.
moving on with my life.
Reply 716
Just after getting my rejection as well
Hi guys, this thread has been extremely helpful over the past weeks since the portfolio review, I have been worrying about the whole thing since I dropped off my work on the 12th of February-It's nice to know that I'm not alone!
This morning I got an email from slade saying that I have got an interview on the 12th of March which I am over the moon about, but does anyone have any ideas as to what questions they are likely to ask or what work I should take along with my portfolio?
I've not yet had anything come through... it's not gonna be great news now though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 719
If you search for the last year's thread about the general fine art applications, there's a whole long conversation about Slade. You will find it helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest