The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Is the rejection on email or ucas because I think the ucas are been updated until Monday
Original post by Asad85
Is the rejection on email or ucas because I think the ucas are been updated until Monday

UCAS but it does usually take a while for them to get around to it and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a little while away.
Reply 742
What were last year's selection day dates?
Has anyone received an interview for the 6th of March? I am still waiting to hear back from Southampton :/
Original post by blueangel328
Has anyone received an interview for the 6th of March? I am still waiting to hear back from Southampton :/

I'm one of the few people on here that have :L
Original post by Bueno786
I'm one of the few people on here that have :L

Aww lucky you! congratulations and good luck ^^ Is it fair to now say that all interviews have been given out? Also, when did you get your interview?
Aww lucky you! congratulations and good luck ^^ Is it fair to now say that all interviews have been given out? Also, when did you get your interview?

Haha thank you! I'm very grateful :redface: I honestly have no idea, I received the invitation on 11/02 around 4
Original post by Bueno786
Haha thank you! I'm very grateful :redface: I honestly have no idea, I received the invitation on 11/02 around 4

Okay, i can see a rejection letter coming now 😭😭😭 I guess this is it...
Reply 748
Okay, i can see a rejection letter coming now I guess this is it...

Just wondering what is the best way to contact them like online chat because i really need to know whether i am just waiting rejection:K::K::K:
Original post by Asad85
Just wondering what is the best way to contact them like online chat because i really need to know whether i am just waiting rejection:K::K::K:

The quickest is probably calling up, emailing will take a few days as they are v busy.
Reply 750
Original post by Joanne9495
The quickest is probably calling up, emailing will take a few days as they are v busy.

What is the direct number that will direct BM6
Original post by Asad85
What is the direct number that will direct BM6

I just phoned general admissions and they directed me.
For those who got interviews, first of all congrats. secondly what are your stats/ UKCAT and work experiences? I want to see my competition :colone: and also whether its true that "stats don't matter".
Hey, so are the rejections being sent out soon ??
Original post by Findus Lasagne
For those who got interviews, first of all congrats. secondly what are your stats/ UKCAT and work experiences? I want to see my competition :colone: and also whether its true that "stats don't matter".

Yes it is totally true that none of the info you're asking for matters at this point. UKCAT isn't even used unless 2 people need to be decided between.

It will come down to how well yo performed at interview and your PS which was already proved to be very good as you got an interview.

Original post by Helen-xx
Hey, so are the rejections being sent out soon ??

Probably not until the end of the month.
What happens if all the 45 offer holders get the grades. Does Southampton just go ahead with a large cohort. I've heard stories that they almost force quite a few to take a deffered entry or shift those who got straight A's to BM5
Reply 756
Original post by alanconnel
What happens if all the 45 offer holders get the grades. Does Southampton just go ahead with a large cohort. I've heard stories that they almost force quite a few to take a deffered entry or shift those who got straight A's to BM5

It's unlikely that all 45 will firm and some may not get the grades hence the 15 surplus offers
Original post by alanconnel

Never heard of anyone being forced to defer in Southampton. BSMS once paid people to defer but not forced. Knew someone who was offered a BM5 spot instead but they turned it down and stayed in BM6. My cohort (2010) was 33 in total, but I think since then there have only been clases of under 30. It's all statistics :yes:.

Remember that they're really strict on people meeting criteria so the offer is BBC but even if you get A*A*D you will lose your place. That, and a lot of people use it as a back up means that not everyone accepts their offer. :smile:
Reply 758
Anyone having their interview on the 6th March? (just curious!)
Are A levels important after you graduate from university. If so, then wont BBC rule you out from competitive specialities like surgery.

Latest

Trending

Trending