The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gilo98
The struggle, and my geography mock is tomorrow :frown: I'm OCR B, like not even OCR A, OCR ****ing B!

Will give it a look, I've also started using memrise which is quite nice for vocab :h: I've got a comprehension book that I intend on working through over the next couple of weeks...

On it!!

Good luck! :ahee::woo: What's wrong with the B spec? :eek:

Ah, kk. I downloaded the app for that a few days ago. I need to take a closer look at that. :yep: That should help!! :biggrin:

:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImagineCats
I'm edexcel B and I've cried for the last 10 minutes about how it's impossible to know all these case studies. It's just going to get harder next year...:mad::angry:

It's so depressing!! You know its bad when you stop crying about it and start laughing crazily about how dire your situation is :mmm:
Original post by Gilo98
It's so depressing!! You know its bad when you stop crying about it and start laughing crazily about how dire your situation is :mmm:

4 weeks left of this term, then a 2 week break, then 2 weeks back to school and the hell begins :angry::angry: That said, I'm grateful we have separate exams (physical, human etc) so I can binge the case studies a few nights before. Specific revision is a luxury, unlike subjects like maths and science where you have to cram and know everything for fewer exams :frown:
4 weeks left of this term, then a 2 week break, then 2 weeks back to school and the hell begins :angry::angry: That said, I'm grateful we have separate exams (physical, human etc) so I can binge the case studies a few nights before. Specific revision is a luxury, unlike subjects like maths and science where you have to cram and know everything for fewer exams :frown:

I'm looking forward to the start of exam season, just not geography! We just have two exams - one sustainable decision making exercise on economic development and one paper on rivers and coasts, natural hazards and population and settlement :frown:
GCSE Drama is horrible. Even though we haven't got long left now I'm going to see if I can drop it and just do 10 GCSEs instead of 11.
Original post by Gilo98
I'm looking forward to the start of exam season, just not geography! We just have two exams - one sustainable decision making exercise on economic development and one paper on rivers and coasts, natural hazards and population and settlement :frown:

I'm cool with my language exams, but I'm petrified about the maths, physics+chem and English lit. I'm feeling calm about everything else. Ahaha peak about the 2 exams! I'm glad I have 3; DMT, human and physical. Luckily we know the case-study questions about coasts/oceans so I know what to really prepare myself for :tongue: Are you taking geography next year?
Original post by TheEccentric
GCSE Drama is horrible. Even though we haven't got long left now I'm going to see if I can drop it and just do 10 GCSEs instead of 11.
:frown: Is there any particular reason why? I'm on OCR and I have to say I love drama!
I'm cool with my language exams, but I'm petrified about the maths, physics+chem and English lit. I'm feeling calm about everything else. Ahaha peak about the 2 exams! I'm glad I have 3; DMT, human and physical. Luckily we know the case-study questions about coasts/oceans so I know what to really prepare myself for :tongue: Are you taking geography next year?

God no! I'd rather stab myself in the eye!! :mmm:
how much revision is everyone doing per night now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tommy1499
how much revision is everyone doing per night now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 pages chemistry, 2 pages biology, 5 pages geography means I'll me finished by beginning of Easter holidays. I'll spend rest of the time memorizing physics shiz and RE key stuff and read loads of books to help out at much as possible :tongue: I can't sit down for 6 hours straight and revise, I get bored easily and lose focus :frown: Starting early was a good move yo
Original post by Gilo98
God no! I'd rather stab myself in the eye!! :mmm:

*Gasp* How dare you! My love for tectonic plates is really weird tbh
*Gasp* How dare you! My love for tectonic plates is really weird tbh

take chemistry then!! :mmm:
Original post by Gilo98
take chemistry then!! :mmm:

I'd rather stab myself in the eye!:hahaha:

I like covalent bonds and stuff like that but I'm just not smart enough for a level chemistry :mad: I really wish I was ffs
guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys who would like to do my maths hw. (trust me it'll be like a brain-teaser) :P
It's questions 7 onwards (I need the worked solutions but my brain can't function)
http://www.mathsmadeeasy.myzen.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision-papers/grade-c/79_averages-from-frequency-tables.pdf
Original post by pursuedbyabear
:frown: Is there any particular reason why? I'm on OCR and I have to say I love drama!

I too am doing OCR and there aren't enough hours in the day to explain all the reasons why I hate but here are some of them:

It is boring. You have to rehearse the same 3-6 minute piece for months and months which all gets a bit monotonous and repetitive.

A lot of the work is bull****. Linking some weird stimulus to your improvised piece and then to your monologue in some tedious writing and then having to talk about what the colours on your characters' costume designs symbolize.

It is stupidly hard, despite not being academic. According to my teacher you (normally) need at 80% at least for a B. In most subjects that would be an A. Also it is harshly marked, particularly the written work.

It is not at all useful. Whilst when I took it in Year 9 I knew it was not a respected subject it was falsely advertised as being useful in ways as helping with public speaking. It hasn't helped a single person I've spoken to in my class with it at all.

I really am desperate to see the back of it.

I hate it too. I wouldn't be surprised if i FAILED it..
Original post by physicsamor

See if you can drop it. That's what I'm going to. Explain (to whichever figure of authority in your school) that you think having a fail grade would be a blemish on your academic history so you would rather just not get a grade at all in the place of where you would have done Drama than have a fail. Explain how you want more time for your other, more important subjects.
I too am doing OCR and there aren't enough hours in the day to explain all the reasons why I hate but here are some of them:

It is boring. You have to rehearse the same 3-6 minute piece for months and months which all gets a bit monotonous and repetitive.

A lot of the work is bull****. Linking some weird stimulus to your improvised piece and then to your monologue in some tedious writing and then having to talk about what the colours on your characters' costume designs symbolize.

It is stupidly hard, despite not being academic. According to my teacher you (normally) need at 80% at least for a B. In most subjects that would be an A. Also it is harshly marked, particularly the written work.

It is not at all useful. Whilst when I took it in Year 9 I knew it was not a respected subject it was falsely advertised as being useful in ways as helping with public speaking. It hasn't helped a single person I've spoken to in my class with it at all.

I really am desperate to see the back of it.

Original post by physicsamor

Why all the drama hate? :frown:I would describe myself as academic, but I enjoy it. I would also go as far to say that it has helped my self-confidence (not just me either, in my class), improved teamwork skills, and I'd say the analysis does help with English language and literature to some extent.

Maybe I just happen to be lucky with my class and department...
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Why all the drama hate? :frown:I would describe myself as academic, but I enjoy it. I would also go as far to say that it has helped my self-confidence (not just me either, in my class), improved teamwork skills, and I'd say the analysis does help with English language and literature to some extent.

Maybe I just happen to be lucky with my class and department...

It's because I am an A* student in my practical performances, but damn those written performances got my grade dowd, edexcel is soooooooooooo hard and those writing pieces will probably bring my grade write down:colone:
My practical performances range from fairly good to abysmal. But my written stuff is always bad. Drama is marked horrifically.

Latest