The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Interview tomorrow, nervous is an understatement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be fab. :yep: :biggrin: :lovehug:
I haven't been able to hear out my left ear for like 2 weeks now, it's getting kind of concerning.. I have a doctors appointment next Monday so I guess I'll just have to put up with it till then :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o
Original post by PandaWho
Interview tomorrow, nervous is an understatement!

GOOD LUCK!

Original post by Odd socks
I haven't been able to hear out my left ear for like 2 weeks now, it's getting kind of concerning.. I have a doctors appointment next Monday so I guess I'll just have to put up with it till then :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

Can be something really simple, but you should really get it checked asap. Do they know, why you come? Maybe you can get an earlier appointment, if you tell them. Or go straight to the hospital, when they don't have any space for you.
Original post by Nathanielle
GOOD LUCK!

Can be something really simple, but you should really get it checked asap. Do they know, why you come? Maybe you can get an earlier appointment, if you tell them. Or go straight to the hospital, when they don't have any space for you.

the appointment I have isn't specifically for my ear, it was a monthly check so I can get my meds prescribed again, but I figured I can just ask about it while I'm there, unless the ear is urgent :s-smilie:
Not coping at all with this flare up. My best friend is struggling at the moment, so I said I'd come and visit her on Saturday, but this means doing work to get it out of the way - but I have no motivation or concentration right now. Just want to sleep all the time. :frown:
Original post by Pathway
Here if you need someone to talk to. :console:

Thanks :hugs: hope you're okay. Got out eventually/had meeting.

-----------------------------

Would write this in diary, but currently out in fields by ducks, and its cold/dark, and don't really want to leave.

Ramble

Spoiler

Original post by furryface12
Feel all shaky and horrible and bad and don't know how to describe it or stop :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: sorry for not replying yet :s-smilie:

Hope shakyness goes away soon :frown: :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

It could be something as innocuous as a build-up of wax but might be something worse. I don't think waiting another week is a good idea if you can't hear you don't want any damage to be permanent.
Original post by Sabertooth
It could be something as innocuous as a build-up of wax but might be something worse. I don't think waiting another week is a good idea if you can't hear you don't want any damage to be permanent.

:s-smilie: I hope it's just wax, though I clean my ears pretty often (ingrained in me by my mum who has a phobia of dirty ears)

I can hear a tiny bit from that one but not very much. like if I answer the phone and hold it on the left side I kept thinking the phone was broken because it was so quiet but when I switched to my right ear I could hear them fine.

I tested it in a lecture today by covering my left ear - I could hear the lecturer as normal, and then covering my right ear - couldn't hear him :/ it's the same with the tv, I can't hear it if I cover my right ear :frown:

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o
:s-smilie: I hope it's just wax, though I clean my ears pretty often (ingrained in me by my mum who has a phobia of dirty ears)

I can hear a tiny bit from that one but not very much. like if I answer the phone and hold it on the left side I kept thinking the phone was broken because it was so quiet but when I switched to my right ear I could hear them fine.

I tested it in a lecture today by covering my left ear - I could hear the lecturer as normal, and then covering my right ear - couldn't hear him :/ it's the same with the tv, I can't hear it if I cover my right ear :frown:

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

That sounds like it could be something serious. If it was me I'd probably even go to a&e if I couldn't get a GP appointment sooner than Monday.

When I had unbearable ear pain I went to a&e and, after a 5 hour wait ( :rolleyes: ), they gave me a hearing test etc to check for problems there. I don't think this sounds like something you should just put up with.
the appointment I have isn't specifically for my ear, it was a monthly check so I can get my meds prescribed again, but I figured I can just ask about it while I'm there, unless the ear is urgent :s-smilie:

You should not wait longer, if it is wax, it will be a quick check and they say don't worry and in 2 minutes you are done. If not and it is something not that easy, you will have regrets your whole life, because it is damned annoying onyl to be able to hear on one ear.

As Sabortooth said, if you not get an appointment asap, then go to A&E. I hate going to A&E, too, only because I can't get an appointment at a doctor, but it makes absolutely no sense to wait a week.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've been aware of my anxiety for a long time, though never has it been this bad at such an unhelpful time. I have to complete a video interview for a placement year within the next 4 hours, and all I've been able to do for the past couple of hours is panic about it non-stop. Having never experienced it this badly before I have no idea what I could do to calm myself down and get it over with..

Any advice is appreciated, seriously.

Spoiler

That sounds like it could be something serious. If it was me I'd probably even go to a&e if I couldn't get a GP appointment sooner than Monday.

When I had unbearable ear pain I went to a&e and, after a 5 hour wait ( :rolleyes: ), they gave me a hearing test etc to check for problems there. I don't think this sounds like something you should just put up with.

Original post by Nathanielle
You should not wait longer, if it is wax, it will be a quick check and they say don't worry and in 2 minutes you are done. If not and it is something not that easy, you will have regrets your whole life, because it is damned annoying onyl to be able to hear on one ear.

As Sabortooth said, if you not get an appointment asap, then go to A&E. I hate going to A&E, too, only because I can't get an appointment at a doctor, but it makes absolutely no sense to wait a week.

should I ring up tomorrow morning, explain what it is and see if they can get me an appointment ASAP?

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o
should I ring up tomorrow morning, explain what it is and see if they can get me an appointment ASAP?

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

I think you should.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I've been aware of my anxiety for a long time, though never has it been this bad at such an unhelpful time. I have to complete a video interview for a placement year within the next 4 hours, and all I've been able to do for the past couple of hours is panic about it non-stop. Having never experienced it this badly before I have no idea what I could do to calm myself down and get it over with..

Any advice is appreciated, seriously.

Could you take a bath or make a cup of tea or something to try and calm down?

Sorry, probably not very helpful :colondollar: Hope your interview goes well.
Could you take a bath or make a cup of tea or something to try and calm down?

Sorry, probably not very helpful :colondollar: Hope your interview goes well.

If my house had a bath plug i'd be willing to give it a go :smile:. I tried tea earlier, had a more negative effect than positive; the caffeine put me on edge :tongue:
Thanks, I hope it does too c:

Yeah, they are there to help and it is frustrating for doctors as well, when patients wait until it is too late/to worse, so don't worry, you won't annoy them.
Ahhhh....work annoys me. I hate it to be caught in the middle...
Original post by Anonymous
If my house had a bath plug i'd be willing to give it a go :smile:. I tried tea earlier, had a more negative effect than positive; the caffeine put me on edge :tongue:
Thanks, I hope it does too c:

this might sound stupid but could you make a bath plug out of blutack/plasticine and a plastic bag? ive MacGyver-ed up an idea for how one could work

Posted from TSR k
lpMobile
o

Latest