The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Can't see Ipswich getting promoted automatically.

Only 5 points difference but I don't think that we have the same quality and depth that teams like Derby and Boro. After years of mediocrity under idiots like Paul Jewell I will be ecstatic if we even get a play off place!
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Only 5 points difference but I don't think that we have the same quality and depth that teams like Derby and Boro. After years of mediocrity under idiots like Paul Jewell I will be ecstatic if we even get a play off place!

An Ipswich-Norwich play-off final would be great.
Original post by Mackay
An Ipswich-Norwich play-off final would be great.

What a game that would be. we definately have the quality to reach the play-offs but I think we have a few years to wait before we are beating those top teams to the trophy.
Reports linking Tony Mowbray to the Coventry job, may be unveiled tomorrow. Preston looking in good form and I think they and Bristol City will go up automatically.
Not going to lie, I'm still gutted about missing out on Wembley due to penalties :frown:.
Original post by Icecream1
Reports linking Tony Mowbray to the Coventry job, may be unveiled tomorrow. Preston looking in good form and I think they and Bristol City will go up automatically.

Swindon via the play-offs for me. Bristol City and either Dons/Preston automatic.
Original post by Mackay
Swindon via the play-offs for me. Bristol City and either Dons/Preston automatic.

Yeah or the Dons, I like Robinson, plays some nice stuff.

I think the play-off place might go to a team who are outside the top 6 at the moment- someone like Ptboro.
Yeah or the Dons, I like Robinson, plays some nice stuff.

I think the play-off place might go to a team who are outside the top 6 at the moment- someone like Ptboro.

He'll be pinched by somebody sooner rather than later if Dons fail to go up I imagine. They ****ed it at Coventry this weekend, though.

Word is he has verbally accepted it and will sign tomorrow. Personally I think he must be desperate or insane to take it, but funnier things have happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
He'll be pinched by somebody sooner rather than later if Dons fail to go up I imagine. They ****ed it at Coventry this weekend, though.

No they gave in to our overwhelming attacking prowess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay

Yeah, very surprised Coventry were able to do it but I guess with the pressure off and a new approach. They took an absolute battering though and MK were unlucky not to get anything. They 24 shots with 4 shots on target compared to Coventry.

Samuels, on loan from Reading, has been playing really well. I saw his goals the week before, some nice finishing especially the second one against Sheff Utd. He's only played 4 games and is their 2nd joint top scorer! They lost Wilson to Bournemouth, who looks like he has the potential for the PL. He's their top scorer on 18 goals, in his first season in the Championship.
Original post by Midlander
Word is he has verbally accepted it and will sign tomorrow. Personally I think he must be desperate or insane to take it, but funnier things have happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember him being in contention for Sky Blue job before, maybe before Coleman or Dowie?
He probably is a bit desperate but I think I heard Coventry have one the biggest wage bills in the league and some interesting players (Haynes, Fleck etc).

No they gave in to our overwhelming attacking prowess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, Coventry rode their luck but a huge 3 points 4 shots in total 3 on target compared to the Dons 23 and 4 on target! I think they will move to safety.

Speaking of attacking prowess, Nouble is an interesting player. Clearly better than this level but doesn't bothered sometimes. He has a 6 month contract with the club so I can see him moving to another team at the end of the season if he get his act together.
Also is Proschwitz any good and what is up with Tudgay? Is he just there for the money?

Samuels, on loan from Reading, has been playing really well. I saw his goals the week before, some nice finishing especially the second one against Sheff Utd. He's only played 4 games and is their 2nd joint top scorer! They lost Wilson to Bournemouth, who looks like he has the potential for the PL. He's their top scorer on 18 goals, in his first season in the Championship.

Wilson has got a move to Everton before scoring 8 times in 40 games before signing for Leicester City career arc if ever I saw one.
Original post by Mackay
Wilson has got a move to Everton before scoring 8 times in 40 games before signing for Leicester City career arc if ever I saw one.

hmmm, tad unfair maybe? Beckford-esque? We shall see what the future holds.

Lukas Jutkiewicz did something similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, done deal according to numerous sources. He will sign tomorrow.
Mowbray's a great appointment considering Hockaday was the early favourite.
I remember him being in contention for Sky Blue job before, maybe before Coleman or Dowie?
He probably is a bit desperate but I think I heard Coventry have one the biggest wage bills in the league and some interesting players (Haynes, Fleck etc).

Lol, Coventry rode their luck but a huge 3 points 4 shots in total 3 on target compared to the Dons 23 and 4 on target! I think they will move to safety.

Speaking of attacking prowess, Nouble is an interesting player. Clearly better than this level but doesn't bothered sometimes. He has a 6 month contract with the club so I can see him moving to another team at the end of the season if he get his act together.
Also is Proschwitz any good and what is up with Tudgay? Is he just there for the money?

Names like Mowbray's have been thrown around before but I didn't find it plausible in the Championship never
mind the embarrassment we are at present. Coventry shouldn't be in League 1 in the first place let alone struggling to stay in it but with a bit of luck we should scrape it.

As for Nouble he has been criticised along with many other players for looking half arsed in games. Bear in mind however that the previous manager was atrocious both tactically (more than one game with no shots on target) and in terms of man management, which has at least a bit to do with it I think. You can attribute this to Tudgay's failure as well. As for Proschwitz he is yet to play-Brentford fans have said he is without hope, Jangrafess may have a better idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, very surprised Coventry were able to do it but I guess with the pressure off and a new approach. They took an absolute battering though and MK were unlucky not to get anything. They 24 shots with 4 shots on target compared to Coventry.

Losing Callum to Bournemouth epitomised the joke our club has become, but no grudges against him, he outgrew the club very quickly and I hope he goes far. Agree on Samuels, shame our squad is so full of loanees though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Mowbray's a great appointment considering Hockaday was the early favourite.

Bizarrely a player Hockaday recommended from Forest a Green has got off to a good start. Though he should steer clear of the manager's door regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Proschwitz is total garbage.

Quick Reply

Latest