Scroll to see replies

Honestly ladies you'll be fine :smile:
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by Rebeccajane95
Is your interview tomorrow? Mines tomorrow too... I'm so scared!

yer mine is tomorrow at chesterfield at 9 I am unbelievably scared don't want to mix this up cos of nerves
Seriously just take a deep breath, I was in your position not so long ago and by the end I wondered why I was stressing so much. It's a really fun experience so just go with the flow and enjoy it :smile:
Original post by rxoxsxe
yer mine is tomorrow at chesterfield at 9 I am unbelievably scared don't want to mix this up cos of nerves

Mines at 9 too at the chesterfield campus so will be there together :smile: same the group interview doesn't sound too daunting but it's always been the one to one I've been afraid of. My mind will go blank as soon as I walk in the room!
Reply 104
thank you Zoe, I am really stressing and yer we will be Becky and me too really nervous about the one-one interview lol :frown:
Yep zoe, I think we definitely need to chill out a little. Where are you from rose?
Reply 106
well I know I need to chill out lol and I live in Sheffield and u becky?
Doncaster, im getting the train tomorrow so it will take an hour and half of travelling in the morning!
Reply 108
o dear that's not good :frown: well ive said to my partner that im having the car lol
I was supposed to be driving.. But my car has broken down and my step dad can't fix it until this weekend so gotta get the bus to the train station which is half an hour away and then get the train :/ so getting ready for an early start.
Reply 110
I know what u mean about an early start im goin to have to set off about half 7
I'll be setting off at quarter to 7 cos my trains at 7:35. Do we need to be early, I know some universities ask you to be half an hour early.
Reply 112
I honestly don't know but I am going to be early just in case cos got one thing to do and then im goin to go that's y im setting off at half 7
My train arrives at 8:23, I don't know how far the train station is away from the campus though. I've never been
My train arrives at 8:23, I don't know how far the train station is away from the campus though. I've never been

It's quite far away from the train station, and rush hour traffic in the City is terrible at that time in the morning, so make sure you leave plenty of time to get there.
I'll be setting off at quarter to 7 cos my trains at 7:35. Do we need to be early, I know some universities ask you to be half an hour early.

Hi! When I went, my train arrived in Derby at 8:15, I got straight in a taxi and I just about got there in time (TRAFFIC!). They don't really bother about you being early but they started at 9 on the dot, sorting out documents etc. I would recommend looking at the train times and getting the one earlier than you need to just to be on the safe side because you may not be lucky like me. Good luck!
Original post by KittyAnneR
Hi! When I went, my train arrived in Derby at 8:15, I got straight in a taxi and I just about got there in time (TRAFFIC!). They don't really bother about you being early but they started at 9 on the dot, sorting out documents etc. I would recommend looking at the train times and getting the one earlier than you need to just to be on the safe side because you may not be lucky like me. Good luck!

I went on Tuesday and it literally took me like 8 minutes to walk from the train station to the campus so its probably best walking rather than a taxi. I got a later train so didn't arrive at train station till 8:31but got to the campus at 8:45 so was 15mins early
I went on Tuesday and it literally took me like 8 minutes to walk from the train station to the campus so its probably best walking rather than a taxi. I got a later train so didn't arrive at train station till 8:31but got to the campus at 8:45 so was 15mins early

It worked for you but I guarantee if I had done it I would absolutely have been late. I have never been to the uni befoere that and my personal sense of direction is dire haha. I guess it depends how confident you are with directions :biggrin:
I used google maps haha! Was a bit embarrassing when I first turned it on, and it started to read out directions but thankfully no one looked.
I used google maps haha! Was a bit embarrassing when I first turned it on, and it started to read out directions but thankfully no one looked.

That makes sense then! i don't have a smartphone :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest