The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethblur
Oh wow! Thank you so much! That's really helpful. Will keep checking lol

Yes - I obsessively checked and had the incorrect details message and then suddenly it went through and I had a college. Very exciting!
I hope you find out today. It was the morning after UCAS updated for me, and then the formal email from the college was later in the evening.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by lililou
Yes - I obsessively checked and had the incorrect details message and then suddenly it went through and I had a college. Very exciting!
I hope you find out today. It was the morning after UCAS updated for me, and then the formal email from the college was later in the evening.

What college did you get? And for what course? I'm praying for a bailey college
Yes.That's the pattern:smile:
And if the college one applied is not oversubscribed(incuding for the course) allocation goes there:wink:[
Good luck Lou and Beth:smile:QUOTE=lililou;54037993]Yes - I obsessively checked and had the incorrect details message and then suddenly it went through and I had a college. Very exciting!
Original post by trubadur
Yes.That's the pattern:smile:
And if the college one applied is not oversubscribed(incuding for the course) allocation goes there:wink:[
Good luck Lou and Beth:smile:QUOTE=lililou;54037993]Yes - I obsessively checked and had the incorrect details message and then suddenly it went through and I had a college. Very exciting!

Ok thanks!
What college did you get? And for what course? I'm praying for a bailey college

St Cuths - first choice :-)
[will you go to Bailey or Parsons?
I prefere Bailey,catered single.:smile:QUOTE=lililou;54042339]St Cuths - first choice :-)
[will you go to Bailey or Parsons?
I prefere Bailey,catered single.:smile:QUOTE=lililou;54042339]St Cuths - first choice :-)

Same but prefer single before shared so may end up in Parsons
Will you go to the post offer day?
Will you go to the post offer day?

No I can't go but I visited the Uni last summer and had a good look round.

Will you?
Neither.I am to far away:smile:
Reply 410
Original post by Blazar
Physics and Astronomy, you? :smile:

International Relations :smile:
Reply 411
Does the university send out a confirmation E-mail after receiving an offer via UCAS or do I have to wait until one of the colleges allocates me? Thanks in advance!
Original post by Macdb19
Does the university send out a confirmation E-mail after receiving an offer via UCAS or do I have to wait until one of the colleges allocates me? Thanks in advance!

They do yeah. I got my offer last night and get a confirmation email of my offer from them this evening. Haven't heard back from college
Guys! I got Van Mildert! Bit gutted I didn't get a Bailey one, but everyone seems to love Van Mildert? And the rooms seem good?
Guys! I got Van Mildert! Bit gutted I didn't get a Bailey one, but everyone seems to love Van Mildert? And the rooms seem good?

Comgratulations!
Original post by lililou
Comgratulations!

Thank you for your help! Found it out this morning through the log in thing lol

Congrats:smile:
Original post by GreenMachine3006
Not many Aidanites posting on here yet, considering its a large college too hmmm

I'm in Aidans! You too?
Hi, I applied open and got allocated to Trevs, haven't heard much about it from the student perspective... can anyone tell me anything?
Original post by Sabasrajkotia
Hi, I applied open and got allocated to Trevs, haven't heard much about it from the student perspective... can anyone tell me anything?

Hi. It is one of the Hill colleges and so closer to the Science site but not so far out as, for example, Butler and Collingwood.

It is also one of the smaller colleges and so probably you can expect it to be friendly.

It dates from the 1960's and was originally all female (as were Mary's and Aidan's).

It has unusual architecture, which may not be to everyone's taste!

Quick Reply

Latest