The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drxo
Hmm, I got an unconditional offer from Notts with an 18 on my LNATs - perhaps because I'm a Canadian student and my international student fees may have played a role? Congrats on Birmingham, it's an excellent school regardless :smile:

Well done, that's amazing! :smile: that could play a tiny role in it but you're probably the type of student they are looking for, whereas I probably was not.
Original post by rkhan57
Yes they are, hopefully see you around in September/October. Have you applied for accommodation?
Yes! I just did it about an hour ago, have you?
Reply 682
Original post by Tinkerem
Yes! I just did it about an hour ago, have you?

Yes I chose jarratt twice, mason and Oakley wbu?
Original post by rkhan57
Yes I chose jarratt twice, mason and Oakley wbu?

I chose Maple, Tennis Courts, Oakley, Liberty and Ashcroft :smile:
Reply 684
22 on my LNAT.. rejected by LSE 2 weeks after submitting my application then KCL (Law and French Law) a couple of days ago. Just got an offer from Durham (probably thanks to my international student fees :/) waiting on UCL.
Do you think i can request feedback on my kings rejection? They said it was because my predicted grades don't meet their requirements and I don't even know what my referee put for those.. Would they actually tell me what my predicted grades are?
Kings was my first (and probably only) choice :'(
I got an unconditional offer from KCL just now! :smile:
Original post by MG1762
Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades / LNAT were?

My LNAT was actually a shocking 18, which was surprising because I always scored 25+ on the past papers. I do IB and my predicted was 40.
Original post by Championt1
Hopefully you'll get offers from Durham and QMUL. Also there's always adjustment you can go through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I hope I do too. Question though, can we reapply to the same universities again through adjustment? Because if I kick butt in the final exams, I'll probably end up re applying to LSE.
Reply 688
Original post by shawnleuop
Yeah, I hope I do too. Question though, can we reapply to the same universities again through adjustment? Because if I kick butt in the final exams, I'll probably end up re applying to LSE.

I was wondering the same thing.. Maybe i can still reapply through adjustment when i exceed their entry requirements and prove my "predicted grades" wrong...

Original post by Mmb96
I was wondering the same thing.. Maybe i can still reapply through adjustment when i exceed their entry requirements and prove my "predicted grades" wrong...

Depends on the universities you're aiming. Unis like LSE and UCL never feature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
Depends on the universities you're aiming. Unis like LSE and UCL never feature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what? How do you know if UCL or LSE would feature or not? I know they don't often feature for Clearing but Adjustment... surely there would be a few places as some people may have not reached their offer or just decide that they want to go to another uni. Is there some kind of listing for adjustment like there is for clearing? Because all I know is for adjustment is that you call up your preferred uni once you receive your grade and ask them if they would take you or not. Idk probably wrong lol
what? How do you know if UCL or LSE would feature or not? I know they don't often feature for Clearing but Adjustment... surely there would be a few places as some people may have not reached their offer or just decide that they want to go to another uni. Is there some kind of listing for adjustment like there is for clearing? Because all I know is for adjustment is that you call up your preferred uni once you receive your grade and ask them if they would take you or not. Idk probably wrong lol

Such universities always make more offers than places, ensuring that they don't need to.go into adjustment. You'll see UCL for some other courses, but definitely not for Law. LSE is out of the question in any case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, did anyone get an offer from Kings with an LNAT score below the average - 22.3? I have waited close to 5 months for their decision now...... D:
Original post by happygurl90
Hi, did anyone get an offer from Kings with an LNAT score below the average - 22.3? I have waited close to 5 months for their decision now...... D:

yeh, I received an offer in December with an 18 in LNAT
Original post by kewbacca
yeh, I received an offer in December with an 18 in LNAT

That's fantastic! Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Lola12
hey i got 16 too and kcl was my first choice. did u receive an offer ?

OMG I got an offer!!!! Wooo! For PPL. I can't believe seeing as I got 16 at my LNAT.
That's great, congratulations :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted A level grades/IB grades?
Reply 697
Hi everyone! I just logged in to "myApplication" on the KCL portal and saw that my programme was switched from Law LLB to Politics, Philosophy and Law. Has that happened to anybody? I am wondering whether the admissions tutor switched my programme or it is just a system error. Any ideas? Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dorka.v
Hi everyone! I just logged in to "myApplication" on the KCL portal and saw that my programme was switched from Law LLB to Politics, Philosophy and Law. Has that happened to anybody? I am wondering whether the admissions tutor switched my programme or it is just a system error. Any ideas? Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's quite possible that they're offering you a place for PPL instead of the straight law course.

Single honours law is much more competitive than PPL, so I guess it would make sense. Definitely ask them away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great, congratulations :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted A level grades/IB grades?

I got ABC AS grades and I'm predicted A*AA. I' hoping to get A*A*A though.

Latest

Trending

Trending