The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JaaySLT
Hi all, this may be a daft question but as I'm new to all this I'll ask anyway! Why are some Uni's in Extra if they haven't already interviewed their current applicants? Is it because perhaps they didn't have enough applicants applying to their course or what? TIA for any replies

I really don't understand why they do this tbh, I can understand clearing and why they go into that but not extra. :frown:
Original post by JaaySLT
Hi all, this may be a daft question but as I'm new to all this I'll ask anyway! Why are some Uni's in Extra if they haven't already interviewed their current applicants? Is it because perhaps they didn't have enough applicants applying to their course or what? TIA for any replies

I would guess that they are just keeping their options open. I think it's just saying we are still open for new applications.
Original post by JordanC55
Come to DMU :wink:

Have you firmed it?? AHHH it's such a big decision that I just feel I will never decide! DMU did seem lovely at the interview :smile:
Original post by nesca89
I really don't understand why they do this tbh, I can understand clearing and why they go into that but not extra. :frown:

Original post by shropshirelass51
I would guess that they are just keeping their options open. I think it's just saying we are still open for new applications.

Yep, thank you! Gosh I hope I can get on this course...
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Have you firmed it?? AHHH it's such a big decision that I just feel I will never decide! DMU did seem lovely at the interview :smile:

Yesh im going to, just waiting to hear from Leeds before doing so!

Just don't rush it! Go with the gut!
Yesh im going to, just waiting to hear from Leeds before doing so!

Just don't rush it! Go with the gut!

Fair enough! I'm not even sure what my guts saying haha!! :frown:
Reply 2546
Hey, I'll be at the applicant day at Strath as well so I'll see you there!

hopefully it'll be good. :.)

Yeah i hope so as i'd really like to stay in Glasgow (i live here now). Is strathclyde your first choice?
Reply 2547
Original post by madagascar
Yes it'll be my first time going to uni, feels really strange doing it older!

I'm also a bit older so it's nice to hear of other mature students. I hope i won't be the only oldie on the course! Where are you thinking of going?
Reply 2548
Has anyone applied for Queen Margaret and heard back? I've heard from everywhere but them!
Original post by Jen16
Yeah i hope so as i'd really like to stay in Glasgow (i live here now). Is strathclyde your first choice?

I don't know yet, I think DMU is currently my first choice! But I haven't seen Strath yet so I'm reserving the right to change my mind haha!

Newcastle is amazing by the way, I live here :,)
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Fair enough! I'm not even sure what my guts saying haha!! :frown:

Literally draw up a list of pros and cons for each uni! And sit and stare at it....

Also, prioritise what you want from uni, I.e societies, accommodation and facilities and choose based on that... Ultimately you'll graduate with the same qualification no matter where you go
Original post by Jen16
Has anyone applied for Queen Margaret and heard back? I've heard from everywhere but them!

I've applied to QMU as well lol! They told me that it'll be mid to late march before they reply.
Original post by JaaySLT
Yep, thank you! Gosh I hope I can get on this course...

Is your interview soon? I am sure they still have lots of places left. I'm pretty sure that last year BCU were in clearing.
Ahh I've been out of the loop for ages. Had an interview at DMU a week ago and got made an offer last Friday! Already accepted it =D =D
Original post by jisici
Ahh I've been out of the loop for ages. Had an interview at DMU a week ago and got made an offer last Friday! Already accepted it =D =D

Ah congratulations! Maybe we will be classmates - once I make my mind up haha
Original post by shropshirelass51
Is your interview soon? I am sure they still have lots of places left. I'm pretty sure that last year BCU were in clearing.

Yes, end of March as I had to reschedule. I really hope you're right!!! I'm a bit worried that I won't get a place but trying to think positively about the whole thing :biggrin:
DMU told me I'd hear this week but now they've made a 'last minute interview session at the end of March' so I 'may have to wait another couple of weeks'. My interview was in december, this is getting hard now :frown:((
Track is going off AGAIN this weekend😂 it's so unfair
Original post by JaaySLT
Yes, end of March as I had to reschedule. I really hope you're right!!! I'm a bit worried that I won't get a place but trying to think positively about the whole thing :biggrin:

Wont be long now, yes think positively, sure you will do great!
Original post by jisici

That means we're going to be classmates :.)

Quick Reply

Latest