The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Come to Newcastle.

Bro, do you actually live in newcastle or is it just that you're living in halls for uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
Come to Newcastle.

I found a placement in Darlington (which is apparently down your ends) :u: My dad insists that I stay at home and commute to a job around here because it's:

Cheeper (than living out)
Less racist
Better for my career (since London is the financial hub if England)

His points are logical but it makes me just want to come clean and say that I'm Muslim and hate living at home lol... How does manz do this without laying all his cards on ze table? :K: I guess if I can find a job in one of the big cities, I can counter the career point on the basis of any city requires people from my field but idk :hmmmm:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Your family is not muslim?Are you a convert?

Ji haan, bhai saab
Original post by Zamestaneh
I found a placement in Darlington (which is apparently down your ends) :u: My dad insists that I stay at home and commute to a job around here because it's:

Cheeper (than living out)
Less racist
Better for my career (since London is the financial hub if England)

His points are logical but it makes me just want to come clean and say that I'm Muslim and hate living at home lol... How does manz do this without laying all his cards on ze table? :K: I guess if I can find a job in one of the big cities, I can counter the career point on the basis of any city requires people from my field but idk :hmmmm:

Oh that's near! My bengali mate lives there. Not sure about the local population there so can't provide a racism rating for the area :tongue:

Na save the muslim trap card for now, wait a few turns(years). Points one and three are good but the middle one really depends on area.

Y u no apply for newcastle :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Reference frame
Bro, do you actually live in newcastle or is it just that you're living in halls for uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Halls but I mightaswell be local.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Broskis and siskas living in the Midlands and in the North, I would like your input on a matter. I am currently applying for internships/placements for the next academic year, so I am considering applying away from home (the South East) so that I can experiene life on my own as well as (most importantly) being able to practice Islam freely away from my family (who, as many of you know, don't know about me and Islam yet). So what I would like to ask is:

Where do you live?
Are there many muslims there?
Is it nice? Rough? Racist? Islamiphobic?
Would you recommend your area to me?
Any reasons why you wouldn't?

JazakumAllah Khair

Blackburn
Lots and lots
Nice area, not racist, had a few comments about my hijab but very rare.
Recommend on basis of Islam. Lots of masajid.
Not recommend cause its basically crap, maybe not the best place to carry out a placement. Too many hills. :colonhash:
Protesters gather outside US Congress ahead of Netanyahu speech

Protesters chanted slogans against Netanyahu and called on the United States to end military assistance to Israel.The demonstrators were carrying placards reading, "End all US aid to Israel", “Israeli PM Netanyahu is a War Criminal" and “Don’t Bomb, Use Diplomacy”.Israeli officials have said that Netanyahu planned to reveal sensitive details of the accord taking shape in talks between Iran and the P5+1 countries the United States, Britain, France, China, Russia, and Germany, which has entered a sensitive final stage.
Rice: Netanyahu’s Congress address destructive to US-Israeli relations

A top American official has blasted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for deciding to address Congress, saying the planned visit is destructive to relations between the US and Israel.

[video="youtube;L6bKlFOrhEY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6bKlFOrhEY[/video]

President Barack Obama’s National Security Adviser Susan Rice said the decision has “injected a degree of partisanship, which is not only unfortunate, I think it’s destructive of the fabric of the relationship.”She criticized the Israeli leader in an interview with PBS television on Tuesday.

Netanyahu will address a joint meeting of Congress next week in order to put pressure on US officials to stop a comprehensive nuclear agreement between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council and Germany.On Tuesday, Netanyahu once again defended his trip to Washington, saying he would do everything to prevent a nuclear deal with Iran."It is my obligation as prime minister to do everything that I can to prevent this agreement. Therefore, I will go to Washington... because the American Congress is likely to be the final brake before the agreement," he said.In a strong public rebuke on Tuesday, US Secretary of State John Kerry criticized those officials who are speaking against a potential nuclear agreement.“Anybody running around right now, jumping in to say well we don’t like the deal, or this or that, doesn’t know what the deal is,” Kerry said.Senator: Netanyahu's private meeting refusal 'disappointing'

Democratic Senator Richard Durbin said he is disappointed by Netanyahu after he refused to meet with a number of Democrats in a private session.Two high-ranking Senate Democrats invited Netanyahu for a separate closed-door meeting, but he turned down the request.“We offered the prime minister an opportunity to balance the politically divisive invitation from Speaker [John] Boehner with a private meeting with Democrats who are committed to keeping the bipartisan support of Israel strong,” Durbin said in a statement Tuesday.“His refusal to meet is disappointing to those of us who have stood by Israel for decades,” he added.President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and John Kerry would not meet with the Israeli leader during his next month’s trip.A number of Democrats announced that they would skip the controversial speech.Democratic Representatives James Clyburn of South Carolina, Earl Blumenauer of Oregon, John Lewis of Georgia, G.K. Butterfield of North Carolina, and Steve Cohen of Tennessee are among them.
It's interesting to note, during the Syrian invasion, you had Israel, the US, and Saudi Arabia all wanting people to take up arms and overthrow Assad.

Firstly, Assad even i would want Assad out.

But, you need to think, was it really wise to do so when you know Alqaeda and extreme groups will invade it? When extreme saudi sheikhs and people from all across that region will invade?

Israel's government are clever, very cunning and borderlines genuises politically speaking. They don't really give a damn about the liberation of syrians. They knew what they were doing when supporting the Syrian invasion, they wanted to weaken Syria, Weaken Iran, which would call in Hezbollah (who fight ISIS), and hence strenghten their position.

But all the while, you heard viscous chants 'go fight the rafidhi' , the 'shias'. Assad is Alawite. Not ithnasheri, nor Zaidi (together they make up maybe 95+%) of total shias. Many alawites who practice what is doctrinal to them historically aren't even considered within the folds of shi'ism whatsoever. Zaidi's aren't considered technically shia by the 85+% of shias (who are ithnasheri) but they are deemed muslim brothers from my reading.

This had nothing - absolutely nothing- to do with shia's vs sunnis. Many in the Ummah were utterly trapped by this hate mongering, and congratulations, we suffered as a result.

Christians , sunnis, minorities in Syria are suffering tremendously. Even in Iraq as well.

Look beyond what your average hate-preaching sheikh has to say, and think to yourself.

Why would Israel want the liberation of muslims in Syria ? If we are so naive as to believe there is no cunning motive?

I want peace, no terrorism, no war, equality for all under just rights. But please do look beyond your polemics - i speak to myself before i speak to anyone else.
Ji haan, bhai saab

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you insulting me in another language?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

He's praising you
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL, it means "yeah, bro" in Hindi/Urdu
Original post by binarythoughts
He's praising you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Typed in his words on google translate,and I saw no positive words.Since when is cock a positive word?
What is he saying then?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Typed in his words on google translate,and I saw no positive words.Since when is cock a positive word?
What is he saying then?

LOL, shows how useless google translate it
He just said "yes, brother"
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
LOL, it means "yeah, bro" in Hindi/Urdu

You're Indian?
You're Indian?

:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh😄😚😊,the embarrassment.I feel like a retard now.

Google doesn't translate Urdu unless Urdu script (as opposed to English) is used.
Bukhari records on the authority of Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (pbuh) said, 'Your actions alone will not save any of you.' They asked, 'Messenger of Allah, not even you?', He replied, 'Not even me, unless, Allah were to envelop me in His mercy. Be firm; steadfast and balanced; and journey [to Allah] in the beginning of the day, the end of the day, and a portion of the latter part of the night. Moderation, moderation! Through this you will attain your goal!" He also recorded this hadith in another place with the wording, 'This religion is easy, none makes it hard upon himself except that it overwhelms him; therefore be firm, steadfast, and balanced; upon which have glad tidings! Seek help in this by journeying [to Allah] at the beginning of the day, at the end of the day, and a portion of the latter part of night.'

Latest

Trending

Trending