The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Swampy123
Hi guys, this thread has been extremely helpful over the past weeks since the portfolio review, I have been worrying about the whole thing since I dropped off my work on the 12th of February-It's nice to know that I'm not alone!
This morning I got an email from slade saying that I have got an interview on the 12th of March which I am over the moon about, but does anyone have any ideas as to what questions they are likely to ask or what work I should take along with my portfolio?

Hello! Congratulations & good luck! :smile:
Sorry I don't have much advice to give but I'd love to see some of your work if you add your self to that list :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnieLS
Hello! Congratulations & good luck! :smile:
Sorry I don't have much advice to give but I'd love to see some of your work if you add your self to that list :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and I hope you get your reply soon, the waiting is the worst part!
Also I had a strange blue scribble on my portfolio label and am keen to know what it means
Reply 722
Original post by Bethmellett
The letter is the first letter of your surname is it not, also anyone still waiting on goldsmiths please join me in being impatient and miserable

I'll join you in being impatient and miserable too! First no interview from Slade, now no rejection, and no response from Goldsmiths too... I don't think I can take anymore waiting haha!
Reply 723
Congrats to those with interviews though! So glad there was a good few of us from this thread who got one! Let us know how they go :smile:
Original post by Swampy123
Hi guys, this thread has been extremely helpful over the past weeks since the portfolio review, I have been worrying about the whole thing since I dropped off my work on the 12th of February-It's nice to know that I'm not alone!
This morning I got an email from slade saying that I have got an interview on the 12th of March which I am over the moon about, but does anyone have any ideas as to what questions they are likely to ask or what work I should take along with my portfolio?

Congrats about your interview! I remember at the open day they said they ask you why slade, why BFA/ba and then they just talk about your work! Good luck with your interview I hope it goes well :smile: still waiting to hear... Gonna be that inevitable ucas track update tomorrow I should think!
Reply 725
Got the rejection 5 mins ago.
Original post by eei
Got the rejection 5 mins ago.

Same here :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh just got my decline :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 728
Just want to ask is there any one who got the rejection because ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION DO NOT MEET THE ENTRY REQUIREMENT ?
just got it. I got
Due to the intense competition for places on this programme of study, UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the best applicants. Regrettably, your portfolio was not as strong as that of other applicants.

anyone else get that?
Original post by Notwinter
just got it. I got
Due to the intense competition for places on this programme of study, UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the best applicants. Regrettably, your portfolio was not as strong as that of other applicants.

anyone else get that?

Yup I got this.
I expected a rejection the whole way through but ouch it still hurts :frown:
I don't want to loose future hope. I probably wouldn't do a foundation course and reapply because like someone said previously, I don't think that's worth it unless you got to interview stage.
Do you have to have done a BA at the slade to then do an MA at the slade? Hahaha I'm really not willing to let go of the slade dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnieLS
Yup I got this.
I don't want to loose future hope. I probably wouldn't do a foundation course and reapply because like someone said previously, I don't think that's worth it unless you got to interview stage.
Do you have to have done a BA at the slade to then do an MA at the slade? Hahaha I'm really not willing to let go of the slade dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope you can apply for an MA from anywhere
Sorry about the rejection
Reply 732
Original post by AnnieLS
Yup I got this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm stuck over whether to do a foundation and reapply or not! Rejected from Ruskin and Slade without interview but accepted to Lancaster. Ruskin has been my dream but I'm not sure if it will be pointless reapplying as the application is so early in the academic year.

What are everyone's else's plans who got rejected from Slade?
Reply 733
just got it. I got

anyone else get that?

yep, I got the same rejection. Wish it was a little more personalised, although I can understand why not.
nope you can apply for an MA from anywhere
Sorry about the rejection

You too, you really deserved an interview - your work was incredible. I was rooting for you!

We'll all meet again in years to come badgering to get on an MA maybe then hahaha 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnieLS
You too, you really deserved an interview - your work was incredible. I was rooting for you!

We'll all meet again in years to come badgering to get on an MA maybe then hahaha ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thank you! I don't think my work was conceptual enough but that's okay. I had an interview at Chelsea today so let's hope that went okay haha

Maybe we will, we never know. I will probably do an MA
Reply 736
I received my rejection today too... it was expected, but it's still disappointing :frown:

Just got an interview for CSM though, but it's just sods law that it's on Friday 13th!!! Hope it's not an omen after the Slade rejection...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cericus
I'm stuck over whether to do a foundation and reapply or not! Rejected from Ruskin and Slade without interview but accepted to Lancaster. Ruskin has been my dream but I'm not sure if it will be pointless reapplying as the application is so early in the academic year.

What are everyone's else's plans who got rejected from Slade?

Trust me doing a foundation year is probably the best oppurtunity you'll get to really develop your style and also the majority of people taken in by Slade/Ruskin have done/are doing art foundation. It will help you enormously and you'll love it..!
Original post by Coco-
I received my rejection today too... it was expected, but it's still disappointing :frown:

Just got an interview for CSM though, but it's just sods law that it's on Friday 13th!!! Hope it's not an omen after the Slade rejection...

Sorry :-(
But well done about the CSM interview, that's great
Reply 739
Sorry :-(
But well done about the CSM interview, that's great

Sorry too, I really thought you were going to get an interview, your work is really great! Obviously too good for Slade! :wink:

Thank you, good luck for Chelsea! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest