The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

did my Baker & McKenzie telephone interview today. it was ok until I fumbled badly on the commercial awareness question. am not confident about getting to the next round at this rate.
Original post by welshforever92
Just received an assessment day offer from Mishcon! Was convinced it was a rejection given that I did with video interview over 3 weeks ago! Just goes to show you can't second guess this process!

This gives me slight hope! Counted myself out, but it's only been two weeks for me. Congrats !
Holy bajeezus still nothing from white & case!!!! the wait is killing me, and it's probably just a rejection anyway! Did my video on about the 18th of Feb.
Original post by TrainingChopeful
If you receive a rejection from a firm, and they don't say anything in their email about not being able to provide feedback post application, do you think it's worth a try just to email?

I'm only wondering because sent an application off 2 days ago and received a rejection today - given that I sent it on the deadline it seems like a VERY quick turn around as I assume there were about at least 200 applications sent before mine, and I want to know whether it was because I've just been filtered out based on the pre-application questions

Firms only offer feedback if you got rejected at interview stage or further (and most don't offer it at the phone/skype interview stage). If you got rejected in the first rounds of sorting, chances are they won't even remember why/which one your application was.
Original post by JeremyFisher
Firms only offer feedback if you got rejected at interview stage or further (and most don't offer it at the phone/skype interview stage). If you got rejected in the first rounds of sorting, chances are they won't even remember why/which one your application was.

Thanks for the reply - I know the general rule is that firms don't give feedback but I have friends who have emailed before and they said that a few firms are actually quite helpful

Also I had spoken to the firm quite in-depth previously asking them whether it was still worth applying which they were really helpful about, so no harm in trying I guess :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4025
Omiclops, when did you apply to them because I applied end of November and I still have not heard back from them regarding the video interview and am starting to get worried.
Anyone heard from Nabarro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when we'll hear back from Hill Dickinson? It's been a month now since I did my interview and I'm abroad at the moment so getting an assessment day invite (if I get one, fingers crossed) with 3 days notice just won't cut it.
Reply 4028
Original post by Omiclops
Anyone still waiting on Mishon de Reya post video interview? It's been well over a week and a half now

Omiclops, when did you apply to them because I applied end of November and I still have not heard back from them regarding the video interview and am starting to get worried.
Original post by kimiak

Youre probably in the maybe pile still, but that is a LONG time. May want to consider ringing.
Reply 4030
Original post by ULawAJ
Youre probably in the maybe pile still, but that is a LONG time. May want to consider ringing.

I know, I called them a few weeks a go and they asked that I send an email which I did . The only thing they told me is that the process is taking longer and that I should wait.
Reply 4031
Is ANYONE still waiting for Mishcon to reply to them (to reject or give a video interview)? Because I am starting to really worry, I applied 30th November.
Reply 4032
FINALLY got my Mishcon PFO post-video interview 3 months later.
Their rejection e-mail was littered with spelling mistakes that I don't feel so bad. How they think they can judge our spelling and grammar in application forms is beyond me!
Original post by Able star
Does anyone know when we'll hear back from Hill Dickinson? It's been a month now since I did my interview and I'm abroad at the moment so getting an assessment day invite (if I get one, fingers crossed) with 3 days notice just won't cut it.

Pretty sure there isn't an assessment day. Video interview is the only stage. I will stand corrected on that though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RPC offer :smile:
Reply 4035
What are appropriate questions to ask a HR person at the end of interview? when I've been interviewed by partners it's easier to ask about their work/why they were drawn to the firm, but I wasn't sure when I had an interview with HR what questions to ask beyond the kind of things that are already on the website
Original post by Fashgal
Pretty sure there isn't an assessment day. Video interview is the only stage. I will stand corrected on that though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure you're correct.
Original post by Fashgal

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's right! Also they send vacation scheme invitations out in march so we should be hearing soon...
Original post by Fashgal

Original post by sg7402a
I'm pretty sure you're correct.

Original post by kittyclaireL
I think that's right! Also they send vacation scheme invitations out in march so we should be hearing soon...

I see. It seems to be such a jump from video interviews to straight to choosing who they offer a vac scheme to. I wonder how many invitations they gave out for it to be taking so long.
Original post by Able star
I see. It seems to be such a jump from video interviews to straight to choosing who they offer a vac scheme to. I wonder how many invitations they gave out for it to be taking so long.

I was thinking that too! Especially as the written application was so vague and the interview was only 3 short questions! Must be an absolute nightmare trying to shortlist based on that!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending