The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone waiting to hear if they have a job in the Liverpool office heard anything yet ?
Reply 601
Original post by missfohal
Anyone waiting to hear if they have a job in the Liverpool office heard anything yet ?

Has to happen one day soon.... surely????
Starting to doubt it......
it's March I was offered a job in Jan for London po3 with no follow up do i just give up? I really can't believe this is happening tbh
Reply 604
Original post by Nebby123
it's March I was offered a job in Jan for London po3 with no follow up do i just give up? I really can't believe this is happening tbh

Have u emailed them? One of my security clearance emails was sent to wrong email address they missed a number out. They are useless!

I had my interview in December. I am still waiting to even find out if I have been successful, never mind be offered anything.

Joke it is
Hi everyone, does anyone have an address for the liverpool office? Had my interview in southport but starting in liverpool and can't see the address on any paperwork! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yazdani_uk
Yes I am still waiting for an update? I am offered a job in London

Are you waiting on security clearance? What's grade and shift pattern have u been offered
Original post by Surrey1
Yes, I am waiting for London. Attended interview on Oct 23rd. Got Security Clearance on Jan 13. Pre - employment checks completed only yesterday. ( My previous employer's reference email never reached them it seems . Had to do a bit of chasing myself to get it re send ). Not sure how much longer I would have to wait...

What grade and timings were u offered? I thought they wouldn't contact your current employer because that would be inappropriate and awkward.
I had my interview in December. I am still waiting to even find out if I have been successful, never mind be offered anything.

Joke it is

My advice would be to put this job onto the back burner and get applying to other places.

If you get offered this job, great. If not, at least you've been doing something productive with your time.

Hi nebby I was offered job in November for po3 London and I am still waiting

Are you still waiting on security clearance?
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
My advice would be to put this job onto the back burner and get applying to other places.

If you get offered this job, great. If not, at least you've been doing something productive with your time.

True, however I think I have a right to know why it is taking so long, and if they have any intention of letting us know what is happening. After all, I along with many others have done everything asked of us, gave them all thw documentation they asked for, and for what ?

It is just manners and common courtesy to advise people. The whole set up is a complete shambles

That is a complete disgrace !
True, however I think I have a right to know why it is taking so long, and if they have any intention of letting us know what is happening. After all, I along with many others have done everything asked of us, gave them all thw documentation they asked for, and for what ?

It is just manners and common courtesy to advise people. The whole set up is a complete shambles

I totally agree with you. The fact they have taken this long just to let you know how your application went is unacceptable.

However, you're only hurting yourself by hanging onto this job.

You won't be harming yourself by actively looking at other jobs and making other applications, thats for sure. :smile:

Best of luck.
Original post by Mr poster
Are you still waiting on security clearance?

Yep
I totally agree with you. The fact they have taken this long just to let you know how your application went is unacceptable.

However, you're only hurting yourself by hanging onto this job.

You won't be harming yourself by actively looking at other jobs and making other applications, thats for sure. :smile:

Best of luck.

I think you may have mis interpreted the situation. Of course I am looking for other jobs, I am not that daft to rely on this. However for me this has now become about decency and manners rather than the job. It is a disgusting time frame and not just for me. If you go back through this thread you will see that many others like me have been treated the same way, ir even worse !

I have wheels in motion for other employment, and I am certainly not ' hanging onto this job ' as you put it.

It is clearly not about that as you can probably gather...
I think you may have mis interpreted the situation. Of course I am looking for other jobs, I am not that daft to rely on this. However for me this has now become about decency and manners rather than the job. It is a disgusting time frame and not just for me. If you go back through this thread you will see that many others like me have been treated the same way, ir even worse !

I have wheels in motion for other employment, and I am certainly not ' hanging onto this job ' as you put it.

It is clearly not about that as you can probably gather...

Right. I'm glad you're looking at other jobs also.

And yes, how they are treating applicants isn't good. You'll hear no complaints from me on that regard!

But... try to just forget this job. Put it to the back of your mind.

That way it will be a pleasant surprise when they do get back to you! Haha.
Reply 618
Right. I'm glad you're looking at other jobs also.

And yes, how they are treating applicants isn't good. You'll hear no complaints from me on that regard!

But... try to just forget this job. Put it to the back of your mind.

That way it will be a pleasant surprise when they do get back to you! Haha.

It is nice to have closure on things. I have been waiting for a start date since 16/1 and I am not particularly interested in the job any more but I would still like the process completed.
On the reserve list :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending