The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy 2015 AS/A2 Thread!

Good day, fellow philosophers! Just making a thread for people doing AQA Philosophy this year (haven't seen anyone talk about it thus far!). Just started my revision, so I thought that it was about time for one :smile:

Points of interest:

- Which exams you are doing
- The topics you are studying
- The topics that you love the most!

I'll start:

- All of them; Units 1-4

- Unit 1: R&E, Why should I be governed?, Why should I be moral?
Unit 2: Knowledge of the external world, The value of art, Free will and determinism
Unit 3: Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Metaphysics (also studied Political Phil. but not revising it)
Unit 4: Hume's An Enquiry of Human Understanding

- The philosophy of mind and its connections to epistemology are of the most interest to me, especially as an aspiring computer scientist in the field of AI, so I guess there are threads of these areas throughout the units. The stuff on political philosophy was also very interesting, but for very different reasons. I felt that it helps to give you some scope on global politics; a thing that is very difficult to achieve when left, right and centre politicians seem to present politics as nothing more than economics. But then again, are we not just Plato's beast, being fed only what gives us personal gratification over any consideration of society's best interests?

Lool.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Reply 2
Hi,

Have you started making notes for A2 as Im doing the same topics and really struggling

Original post by VannR
Good day, fellow philosophers! Just making a thread for people doing AQA Philosophy this year (haven't seen anyone talk about it thus far!). Just started my revision, so I thought that it was about time for one :smile:

Points of interest:

- Which exams you are doing
- The topics you are studying
- The topics that you love the most!

I'll start:

- All of them; Units 1-4

- Unit 1: R&E, Why should I be governed?, Why should I be moral?
Unit 2: Knowledge of the external world, The value of art, Free will and determinism
Unit 3: Philosophy of Mind, Epistemology and Metaphysics (also studied Political Phil. but not revising it)
Unit 4: Hume's An Enquiry of Human Understanding

- The philosophy of mind and its connections to epistemology are of the most interest to me, especially as an aspiring computer scientist in the field of AI, so I guess there are threads of these areas throughout the units. The stuff on political philosophy was also very interesting, but for very different reasons. I felt that it helps to give you some scope on global politics; a thing that is very difficult to achieve when left, right and centre politicians seem to present politics as nothing more than economics. But then again, are we not just Plato's beast, being fed only what gives us personal gratification over any consideration of society's best interests?

Lool.
Reply 3
Original post by dmcque
Hi,

Have you started making notes for A2 as Im doing the same topics and really struggling

Which ones do you need notes for? Let me know and I'll send them to you.

edit: I have complete A2 revision notes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
That's so kind! Thank you. I'm studying Hume, Philosophy of Mind and Epistemology and Metaphysics. Hopefully you did similar topics.

Thanks again.
Reply 5
That's so kind! Thank you. I'm studying Hume, Philosophy of Mind and Epistemology and Metaphysics. Hopefully you did similar topics.

Thanks again.

Original post by VannR

Reply 6
Thats so kind! Thank you. Im studying Hume, Philosophy of Mind and Epistemology and Metaphysics. Hopefully you did similar topics.

Thanks again.

Original post by VannR

Reply 7
Original post by dmcque
Thats so kind! Thank you. Im studying Hume, Philosophy of Mind and Epistemology and Metaphysics. Hopefully you did similar topics.

Thanks again.

Please PM me your e-mail address and we'll proceed from there, OK?
Reply 8
Hi! I have sent you it over PM.
Reply 9
Hi. I have sent it in PM

Original post by VannR
Please PM me your e-mail address and we'll proceed from there, OK?
Reply 10
Original post by dmcque
Hi. I have sent it in PM

Preparing the notes for transit :smile:
Reply 11
Thank you so much! What topics did you study at AS?? I found it much more interesting.

Original post by VannR
Preparing the notes for transit :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by dmcque
Hi. I have sent it in PM

Sent :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by dmcque
Thank you so much! What topics did you study at AS?? I found it much more interesting.

Have a look at the OP.
Reply 14
I haven't received an email. Maybe something went wrong
Original post by VannR
Sent :smile:
Reply 15
I did the same topics!

Original post by VannR
Have a look at the OP.
Reply 16
Original post by dmcque
I haven't received an email. Maybe something went wrong

How about now?
Reply 17
Received. Are you able to put the notes into a word document as it won't download on Google drive

Original post by VannR
How about now?
Reply 18
Original post by dmcque
Received. Are you able to put the notes into a word document as it won't download on Google drive

I'm afraid that doing that would be absolutely impossible, given the amount of content and structure of the notes. I will upload them to my MediaFire account, and send you the links via e-mail.
Reply 19
Original post by dmcque

Sent the links :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending