The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Well given the amount of people who have phone phobias, they can't expect that people are in a position to phone them and thus they should keep a better eye on their inboxes :shakecane: :mad: :fuhrer: Silly Samaritans :grumble:

Thanks :colondollar: I read her out my card, which was from all the different TLGs (we took it in turns to write a bit each, with a different colour for each TLG :colone: ) and I think she was a bit moved. She went quite quiet and looked very serious :tongue:

About 21 hours since I emailed them and nothing :dontknow: Thankfully feeling a lot calmer though :smile:

Aw, bless her! It's lovely when you find a therapist you get along well with.

Original post by furryface12

Maybe they just do it automatically after a certain number of lectures or something? :dontknow: But yeah, Samaritans should have replied by now, don't feel silly though! Glad/hope you're ok :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It said they were concerned about my attendance over the last 2 weeks and I've just checked and I've only missed 1/28 hours worth of teaching :s-smilie: Admittedly I did miss quite a few in Jan/beginning of Feb but people who have missed more than mine haven't had an email so I'm hoping it's a mistake or something :dontknow:
Original post by ScaryScience
glad you're feeling well :hugs:

Thanks lovely! :smile: How are you? :hugs:
Got an essay deadline on Thursday which is making me feel so bleurgh even though I'm chilling now and leaving the rest for tomorrow.
Well done for going, hun :kissing2:

Thanks hun!

About an hour before it i was on the phone to rorys mum crying saying i wasnt going :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
About 21 hours since I emailed them and nothing :dontknow: Thankfully feeling a lot calmer though :smile:

If they take much longer, you should consider complaining, if you feel up to it :sadnod: I'm pretty sure they're meant to reply within 12 hours, and even 12 hours is a long time to wait for a reply when you're in distress :frown:

Yeah, she's lovely - feel very lucky :redface: That said, I've had my fair share of awful people over the years, so I guess it's the universe balancing things out :tongue:

It said they were concerned about my attendance over the last 2 weeks and I've just checked and I've only missed 1/28 hours worth of teaching :s-smilie: Admittedly I did miss quite a few in Jan/beginning of Feb but people who have missed more than mine haven't had an email so I'm hoping it's a mistake or something :dontknow:

Maybe you should email them back saying that they are numpties* and that you're being singled out unfairly?

*possibly shouldn't use the actual word numpties... :ninja:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Thanks lovely! :smile: How are you? :hugs:

been better but ah well

I think its generally about a 24 hour wait. I know its not much use but I think the aim with the email side of things is so you feel like you've offloaded what's on your mind really rather than the reply side of things. Glad you're not feeling as bad today though :console:
been better but ah well

Whats up lovely? :frown: :hugs: Around all night tonight. :yep: :lovehug:
If they take much longer, you should consider complaining, if you feel up to it :sadnod: I'm pretty sure they're meant to reply within 12 hours, and even 12 hours is a long time to wait for a reply when you're in distress :frown:

Yeah, she's lovely - feel very lucky :redface: That said, I've had my fair share of awful people over the years, so I guess it's the universe balancing things out :tongue:

Maybe you should email them back saying that they are numpties* and that you're being singled out unfairly?

*possibly shouldn't use the actual word numpties... :ninja:

Just going to leave it I think. If I wanted a quicker response I should have phoned so I can't complain really. I think an IM type system would be really good for people like me who don't like/can't talk on the phone. Suppose it all comes down to volunteer numbers though.

Although it isn't good at the time, bad therapists make for funny stories :tongue: I used to see a psychologist who cried a lot :erm:

Just going to ignore it I think. The email said to reply if I thought my attendance was an issue and I don't think it is. I'm due a meeting with my personal tutor soon anyway so I'll see if she says anything.
I think its generally about a 24 hour wait. I know its not much use but I think the aim with the email side of things is so you feel like you've offloaded what's on your mind really rather than the reply side of things. Glad you're not feeling as bad today though :console:

Yeah, I suppose. Thanks, hope things pick up for you soon :hugs:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Whats up lovely? :frown: :hugs: Around all night tonight. :yep: :lovehug:

usual stuff. and uni stuff. thanks hun. really should be doing something productive. just ugh.
Just going to leave it I think. If I wanted a quicker response I should have phoned so I can't complain really. I think an IM type system would be really good for people like me who don't like/can't talk on the phone. Suppose it all comes down to volunteer numbers though.

Yeah, IM would be an ideal option, for sure! :moon: Don't be too hard on yourself about not phoning in the first place though. Loads of people don't like phoning. That must be why they have the email option in the first place.

Although it isn't good at the time, bad therapists make for funny stories :tongue: I used to see a psychologist who cried a lot :erm:

:erm: :lolwut: :facepalm: Oh dear :s-smilie: Glad you're not seeing that psychologist anymore!

Just going to ignore it I think. The email said to reply if I thought my attendance was an issue and I don't think it is. I'm due a meeting with my personal tutor soon anyway so I'll see if she says anything.

Ah OK, fairy snuff then! :h:

Yeah, I suppose. Thanks, hope things pick up for you soon :hugs:

have you considered nightline? lots of them offer IM services, and if the one connected to your uni doesn't have one then you can always use another one. CALM is another place where you can use IM to chat.
Yeah, IM would be an ideal option, for sure! :moon: Don't be too hard on yourself about not phoning in the first place though. Loads of people don't like phoning. That must be why they have the email option in the first place.

:erm: :lolwut: :facepalm: Oh dear :s-smilie: Glad you're not seeing that psychologist anymore!

Ah OK, fairy snuff then! :h:

I saw her in hospital and she used to write in my notes that I never co-operated in sessions, was difficult to work with etc. and the nurses and psychiatrists would be like '..are you seeing the same anony #2 as us?' :mmm:

It's so awesome that you're doing a PhD btw, I hope to do one someday :moon:
have you considered nightline? lots of them offer IM services, and if the one connected to your uni doesn't have one then you can always use another one. CALM is another place where you can use IM to chat.

Ahh right, never really thought of other places, thanks :smile:
I saw her in hospital and she used to write in my notes that I never co-operated in sessions, was difficult to work with etc. and the nurses and psychiatrists would be like '..are you seeing the same anony #2 as us?' :mmm:

It's so awesome that you're doing a PhD btw, I hope to do one someday :moon:

Well I'm really glad that the nurses and psychiatrists knew you to be better than that and were on your side :biggrin:

Awww, thanks! I'm just lucky we found enough money for me to start the course. My dad is trying to find money for second year now. Here's hoping he somehow manages it :eek:

Probably an accident then as that;s not a lot at all, probably most people missed more that? glad you're calmer :hugs;
Well I'm really glad that the nurses and psychiatrists knew you to be better than that and were on your side :biggrin:

Awww, thanks! I'm just lucky we found enough money for me to start the course. My dad is trying to find money for second year now. Here's hoping he somehow manages it :eek:

:eek: They're so expensive, it's ridiculous! Here's hoping he does :yep:

Original post by furryface12
Probably an accident then as that;s not a lot at all, probably most people missed more that? glad you're calmer :hugs;

Yeah, one of my friends has missed more than half of the lectures and nobody has said anything to her so hopefully just a mistake :smile:
:eek: They're so expensive, it's ridiculous! Here's hoping he does :yep:

Thanks :hugs: It's nowhere near as bad as the amount you lot are paying (my course is currently something like £3996 per year FT) but it's still a lot of money to come up with by oneself when one is not from a well-off family :sadnod:
may or may not be nearly finshed a aggarement of say something for two guitars and a piano. it also may or may not be the only thing ive worked on all evening since ive got home from school. :getmecoat::ninja:
Thanks :hugs: It's nowhere near as bad as the amount you lot are paying (my course is currently something like £3996 per year FT) but it's still a lot of money to come up with by oneself when one is not from a well-off family :sadnod:

Even logging onto student finance makes me sad. I have definitely not had £9k worth of an education, not to mention my uni is notorious for pissing away its money.

It's still a lot, so not fair :frown:

Original post by guitaristemily
may or may not be nearly finshed a aggarement of say something for two guitars and a piano. it also may or may not be the only thing ive worked on all evening since ive got home from school. :getmecoat::ninja:

Still an achievement :smile:
Went out for lunch with my wife....the bus and being around people was so horrible, things are deteriorating so fast. :cry2:

Latest