The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bumpp
No one?
Bit late, but I got in for Dentview :smile: which one did u get into do- Dent OR med?
Original post by SweetCherry1
Bit late, but I got in for Dentview :smile: which one did u get into do- Dent OR med?

Hey :smile: i got into dentview on the 8th-10th of april - are you going on the same day? Would be cool to meet you x
Original post by Yasmin-9970
Hey :smile: i got into dentview on the 8th-10th of april - are you going on the same day? Would be cool to meet you x

Yay, im going on the same week as you :smile:
Yay, im going on the same week as you :smile:

Awesome :biggrin: do you know anyone else thats going? Spent ages on that application lol so glad i got in hah, my names yasmin btw
Hav you got the next steps email yet?i havent,they said we'll get them in march
Awesome :biggrin: do you know anyone else thats going? Spent ages on that application lol so glad i got in hah, my names yasmin btw
Hav you got the next steps email yet?i havent,they said we'll get them in march

I know right- I thought I wasn't gonna get in but I did and I was like yay,lol.
No I haven't got my next steps email yet, hopefully they'll send it soon, im acc really excited but I have no idea what its gonna be like.

no I don't know ANYONE who wants to do dentistry- so sad :frown: do u?

So are u defo gonna apply for dentistry- what else have u done to prepeare- Work Experience?
I know right- I thought I wasn't gonna get in but I did and I was like yay,lol.
No I haven't got my next steps email yet, hopefully they'll send it soon, im acc really excited but I have no idea what its gonna be like.

no I don't know ANYONE who wants to do dentistry- so sad :frown: do u?

So are u defo gonna apply for dentistry- what else have u done to prepeare- Work Experience?

Lol same, and i know at least 6 people but none applied to this so yeah...and yeah hopefully provided that i get the grades aiming for at least AAABB this year, ive done 3 days at my dentists but thats it wbu? and are you deffo doing it or you havent decided yet?
Lol same, and i know at least 6 people but none applied to this so yeah...and yeah hopefully provided that i get the grades aiming for at least AAABB this year, ive done 3 days at my dentists but thats it wbu? and are you deffo doing it or you havent decided yet?

Wow, ure doing 5? I just go every Tuesday after college to this dental practice and probably doing the first week of easter hols somewhere else- which means no time for revision :O
Yh I defo want to do it if I get good grades , I think pharmacy is my backup- Wbu?
Wow, ure doing 5? I just go every Tuesday after college to this dental practice and probably doing the first week of easter hols somewhere else- which means no time for revision :O
Yh I defo want to do it if I get good grades , I think pharmacy is my backup- Wbu?

Yeah do and i dont reccommend it lol its too much, and thats good :smile: i wanna w/e in the summer hopefully...and my backup is biomed i think, and btw my 5th is arabic which is easy so thats the only reason im doing 5.
bump
Yeah do and i dont reccommend it lol its too much, and thats good :smile: i wanna w/e in the summer hopefully...and my backup is biomed i think, and btw my 5th is arabic which is easy so thats the only reason im doing 5.

Hey, have u got the email yet- im getting paranoid that ive missed it cos my inbox is a mess!
Hey, have u got the email yet- im getting paranoid that ive missed it cos my inbox is a mess!

Omg same, i was just on it and it wasnt even in my spam folder...nope.

tempted to email them asking if they dont email it within the next week
Omg same, i was just on it and it wasnt even in my spam folder...nope.

tempted to email them asking if they dont email it within the next week

Hey, what did you get for the work experience. I don't know if everyone is going to the same place. It said on the email fill in the bits highlighted in yellow for the work placement form- but their is nothing in yellow?
:confused:
Original post by revisemode
hey its me using my sisters account :smile: I got Guys hospital, wbu? some people go to st thomas's i think, & the parts in yellow are just on the code of conduct form where u put ur signature & theres nothing in yellow for the work placement one so dw, must have been a mistake
did u go to the UKCAT lecture the other day by any chance? it looks so hard :/
& did u fill in the online health form thing? i did it straight away because i knew id forget if i left it lol

Hii . yh I got guys aswell. its really weird cos I did some work experience this week in a random dental practice and the man that I was shadowing said he works in guys on Thursday which is the day wer're going. so weird lol.

no I really wanted to go to the lecture but I was ill :frown: how was it?? I fogot about the flipping UKCAT exams.

yup I filled the form hopefully . how do u know if u did it.. cos I acc cant remember 4 sure now
Original post by dimaghani
Hello! Yesss I got into Dentview for next week as well, so glad I found people because I don't know anyone else who's going ): I'm the only one who wants to do dentistry in my school, so yeah I'm on my own xD

Really nice to meet you Yasmin, my name's Dima (: I assume you're Arab as well? (;

Hey dima! YES im arab - hi 5! im libyan, wbu? this is my new account, i asked for my other one to be banned by a mod because TSR was distracting me from work but ended up making a new one lolol.

Are u doing ur work placement at Guys too?
& im probably one of about 5 that wants to do dentistry at my school but no ones applied for dentview so yeah :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Hii . yh I got guys aswell. its really weird cos I did some work experience this week in a random dental practice and the man that I was shadowing said he works in guys on Thursday which is the day wer're going. so weird lol.

no I really wanted to go to the lecture but I was ill :frown: how was it?? I fogot about the flipping UKCAT exams.

yup I filled the form hopefully . how do u know if u did it.. cos I acc cant remember 4 sure now

looks like my sister deleted my reply to you sorry :/
LOL imagine if u see him hah, the lecture was good - a brief intro with how much time u should spend on each part, and they gave us practice questions and timed us , i got half of them wrong lololol and the form was an online form from a link in the email, you probs did do it dw :wink:
I'm Iraqi, so we might just about understand each other haha although I'm not that great at Arabic! I know what you mean O.O everything's ben distracting me when I'm trying to revise so you're not the only one :biggrin:

For Thursday, yes I am :smile: They haven't given us much information about what we're going to do though lol I assume we're going to be dealing with real patients or something, loving the suspense!

cool, i know a lot of iraqis so i'd understand you :smile: & i think its shadowing but not sure? wanna do something more involved than that tho

oh btw make sure you leave out of the london bridge exit from london bridge underground station because it took me ages to find guys campus a couple of weeks back when i went to a lecture literally went around in circles hah - or leave out of the borough high st one and go right and take the first right turn.
I know right, but I actually think we're going to be doing practicals because they're being really picky with what to wear and having our hair tied up... Talking about clothing, do they expect us to wear crocs shoes or something?xD I don't have anything that fits their regulations!

Omgosh thanks a lot, I'm dreading finding my way there, I get lost in my own town let alone city :O I'll bring a map or something and ask around if I get lost haha

Where abouts do you live if you don't mind me asking :P I live in South Ruislip

oh yeah true! hopefully practicals then :smile: and loooool im just gonna wear ankle boots if they let me, & omg same i have no sense of direction what so ever :frown: theres these little map things near that area so dw. and ealing :smile: never been to south ruislip

Latest