The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Met Interview 2015 for Primary Education

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by kdoherty13
Yes I've heard people saying they're long to getting back to you. Think that's always the way lol. Yes but MMU is my first interview!!

MMU is my second interview on the 4th March! What time is your interview? I hope it goes well!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Zahra19
MMU is my second interview on the 4th March! What time is your interview? I hope it goes well!

My interview is at 1. What time is yours?
Yes I've heard people saying they're long to getting back to you. Think that's always the way lol. Yes but MMU is my first interview!!

Yeah haha I think they are! Although one of my mates has applied there for events management (as her top choice) and she got an offer the same day as she sent her application! So I was kind of worried until people said about then taking a while! It's a good one to have first tbh becuase it's quite relaxed and you don't have to do too much! :smile:
Original post by maccisha
Yeah haha I think they are! Although one of my mates has applied there for events management (as her top choice) and she got an offer the same day as she sent her application! So I was kind of worried until people said about then taking a while! It's a good one to have first tbh becuase it's quite relaxed and you don't have to do too much! :smile:

Yes a friend of mines applied there for a business course and she got an offer very quick whereas I'm still waiting. I'm worried to but I suppose they have up to May to get back to you. I couldn't believe it when I came onto this site and seen that they didn't do a one-to-one interview. How long did the presentations last for the group you be allocated?
Yes a friend of mines applied there for a business course and she got an offer very quick whereas I'm still waiting. I'm worried to but I suppose they have up to May to get back to you. I couldn't believe it when I came onto this site and seen that they didn't do a one-to-one interview. How long did the presentations last for the group you be allocated?

Yeah I think it just depends on the course tbh! Yeah there is still a while left before their times runs out. Yeah I was surprised when I saw it in the email that there was no one to one interview aswell! There was four in my group and four in all the other groups aside from one which had five, but everyone's presentations lasted between 1&2 mins then about a minute for everyone else to think of questions to ask and that person to answer! Then there was a five to ten minute group discussion about a video that you watch on the day!:smile:
Yeah I think it just depends on the course tbh! Yeah there is still a while left before their times runs out. Yeah I was surprised when I saw it in the email that there was no one to one interview aswell! There was four in my group and four in all the other groups aside from one which had five, but everyone's presentations lasted between 1&2 mins then about a minute for everyone else to think of questions to ask and that person to answer! Then there was a five to ten minute group discussion about a video that you watch on the day!:smile:

Hopefully they get back very soon to me. Yes me too!!! Are you in a different room to the other groups yes? What do you all do in the group discussion, do have to give another group presentation?
Hopefully they get back very soon to me. Yes me too!!! Are you in a different room to the other groups yes? What do you all do in the group discussion, do have to give another group presentation?

In sure they will! When did you apply? They split all the candidates up into four groups of eight to ten and take each of the four groups into a seperate room, then split that group I eight to ten into two groups and you sit at opposite ends of the room so you can hear the other groups but not properly! Basically for the group discussion you watch a fifteen minute DVD (before they split you up) which you makes notes about on a sheet of paper try gig you with different sections that giv you hints on what sort of things to write. In the group I was in, someone would raise a point that they had noticed, for example our DVD was about a French multi age class I think it was, so someone said about how the teacher has to teach people of different ages in the same lesson and you talk about it as a group, it's basically just a chilled conservation tbh! And no there is or other presentation apart from the 1/2 min one you prepare :smile:
In sure they will! When did you apply? They split all the candidates up into four groups of eight to ten and take each of the four groups into a seperate room, then split that group I eight to ten into two groups and you sit at opposite ends of the room so you can hear the other groups but not properly! Basically for the group discussion you watch a fifteen minute DVD (before they split you up) which you makes notes about on a sheet of paper try gig you with different sections that giv you hints on what sort of things to write. In the group I was in, someone would raise a point that they had noticed, for example our DVD was about a French multi age class I think it was, so someone said about how the teacher has to teach people of different ages in the same lesson and you talk about it as a group, it's basically just a chilled conservation tbh! And no there is or other presentation apart from the 1/2 min one you prepare :smile:

I sent it away on the 19th December. Awkk doesn't seem too bad then :smile: Thank you so much I really appreciate your help, I'll let you know how I get on next week!!
(edited 9 years ago)
I sent it away on the 19th December. Awkk doesn't seem too bad then :smile: Thank you so much I really appreciate your help, I'll let you know how I get on next week!!

Yeah it's alright tbf! That's fine :smile: anytime! And yeah definitely do!!
Yeah it's alright tbf! That's fine :smile: anytime! And yeah definitely do!!

I will certainly!!:smile:
I will certainly!!:smile:

Good! I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Good! I'm sure you'll do great :smile:

Hope I do :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 72
do we have to bring any ID on the day of the interview? also, what have you all decided to wear? I need to buy some clothes! xx
Reply 73
ohh okay, good luck :smile: x

Thankyouxx
Original post by Hanna07
do we have to bring any ID on the day of the interview? also, what have you all decided to wear? I need to buy some clothes! xx

My interview is Wednesday and I am also wondering this! I panic bought a blue top and some smart black trousers and when I showed my sister she cried with laughter! I looked so weird because I don't own any trousers so I decided I have to wear a skirt or I'm gonna feel weird all day! So I have a kind of black skirt and a purple flower boxy top, tights and black dolly shoes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by fairyfairyfairy
My interview is Wednesday and I am also wondering this! I panic bought a blue top and some smart black trousers and when I showed my sister she cried with laughter! I looked so weird because I don't own any trousers so I decided I have to wear a skirt or I'm gonna feel weird all day! So I have a kind of black skirt and a purple flower boxy top, tights and black dolly shoes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww don't worry my mum and sister laughed at me lol I think you'll look fine! Do you know if we have to bring any ID?

Also, I think your interview is tomorrow right? If so, good luck!!! xxx
Original post by Hanna07
aww don't worry my mum and sister laughed at me lol I think you'll look fine! Do you know if we have to bring any ID?

Also, I think your interview is tomorrow right? If so, good luck!!! xxx

I'm not sure about ID actually, I'm gonna take my passport just in case! Yeah it's tommorow at 1 eeeek! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by fairyfairyfairy
I'm not sure about ID actually, I'm gonna take my passport just in case! Yeah it's tommorow at 1 eeeek! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope everything went well! x
Original post by Hanna07
Hope everything went well! x

Fingers crossed, it's just a waiting game now! I came out think "I should have said this, I should have said that".... But hopefully it went ok x

Posted from TSR Mobile
ATTENTION: Manchester Met University Students

Join the Manchester Met University Freshers Group - facebook.com/groups/326010177593809

Join the Manchester Met University Freshers Event
facebook.com/events/1592260974322945

MUST Join the National Student Applicants event -
facebook.com/events/345052432366356

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending