The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TiramisuGoomba
Does anyone know when DMU are going to send the DBS/Health forms?

I think it's after you've firmed them in June time x
Original post by jisici
So exciting! I've accepted but still need to do the Occupational Health and DBS but I'm sure it'll all be fine. When did you find out?

Yeah it'll happen in a couple of months... I found out a week or so ago, biggest surprise of my life :,)

When was your interview? How did you find it.
Guys you know the health check? What should I do if my hep b and TB vaccinations haven't been done? Should I start them now?
Original post by Dancer32014
Guys you know the health check? What should I do if my hep b and TB vaccinations haven't been done? Should I start them now?

The uni arranges for all jabs required after you start the course - atleast MMU do - I have one more hep B to go and have just recently had my TB - ouch!
Original post by AmyPilot
The uni arranges for all jabs required after you start the course - atleast MMU do - I have one more hep B to go and have just recently had my TB - ouch!

Thanks :smile: Reading's entry requirements say evidence of up to date TB and Hep B vaccine... I've emailed admissions for advice
Hey,
Is anyone thinking of firming the Uni of Manchester yet? - and if so (I know its early but) what accommodation are you looking at?
Original post by HowayGuapa
Eeeek! I just got an unconditional offer from Leeds! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from them!

I have a deferred offer from Leeds for this year, so we'll probably classmates if you're accepting there
Original post by h_lumb1
Hey,
Is anyone thinking of firming the Uni of Manchester yet? - and if so (I know its early but) what accommodation are you looking at?

Hi! I'm possibly going to firm, really unsure about going into halls again at 23 so I might see if I can get a flatshare with my friend who lives in Manchester :smile: are you thinking about going into halls?
Has anyone firmed Marjon yet???
Original post by JordanC55
I think it's after you've firmed them in June time x

Thanks! I just sent my transcripts they asked for yesterday. Now it's just the Health Check & DBS.

I wonder how I will get hold of my medical records - they're in Canada...and I don't know which things I've had/not had...
Original post by djavor
Hi! I'm possibly going to firm, really unsure about going into halls again at 23 so I might see if I can get a flatshare with my friend who lives in Manchester :smile: are you thinking about going into halls?

Yes, I really want to go into halls but I don't know which ones are the best to go into for getting to the buildings for speech therapy stuff
Reply 2591
conditional from marjon!
Original post by RannaD
conditional from marjon!

YAY! Well done :smile: I am in your boat too! Are you going to accept the offer?
Reply 2593
Original post by izzydizzyyy
YAY! Well done :smile: I am in your boat too! Are you going to accept the offer?

Ah well done! Yeah definitely, it's the only one I applied to so it's such a huge relief to get it :smile: You?
Original post by RannaD
Ah well done! Yeah definitely, it's the only one I applied to so it's such a huge relief to get it :smile: You?

Brilliant, you really must be over the moon then! :smile: was that cos you live near? How did you find the interview - it seems lovely there doesn't it? I am currently trying to decide between DMU or Marjon... but I loved the atmosphere on Marjon being a small on campus uni!
Reply 2595
Brilliant, you really must be over the moon then! :smile: was that cos you live near? How did you find the interview - it seems lovely there doesn't it? I am currently trying to decide between DMU or Marjon... but I loved the atmosphere on Marjon being a small on campus uni!

Yeah and I'm not in a position to relocate, I did love the atmosphere there though so that has made me even more excited. Found the interview okay although I feel everyone did well so it was really hard to tell how I did in comparison. I actually feel fortunate that I only have one choice as I don't have any tough decisions to make haha, it must be so hard.
Reply 2596
Well done to all those people who have received offers. Hoping that the waiting will be over soon for those of you waiting to hear. For those if you with rejections, the right place is out there... don't give up!
Original post by RannaD
Yeah and I'm not in a position to relocate, I did love the atmosphere there though so that has made me even more excited. Found the interview okay although I feel everyone did well so it was really hard to tell how I did in comparison. I actually feel fortunate that I only have one choice as I don't have any tough decisions to make haha, it must be so hard.

Yeah all the lecturers seemed so friendly and down to earth. That's exactly how I felt - everyone at my interview seemed so worthy! They have some tough decisions to make for sure! Yes, although it sounds ungrateful for me to say it, you are very lucky!!! haha :wink:
Has anyone firmed Marjon yet???

I've decided I will firm Marjon, although I'm going to wait until beginning of May just to make sure I'm still on track with grades :wink:. Might see you there!
Well done to those with offers today :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest