The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
is someone arund please im completely shaken up. parents jeant to come and see me today and teyve had a car accident. no news and im absolutehy terrified

:jumphug: oh hun, im sure they will be ok, is there anyone you can call close to them so they can see if theyv been taken to hospital? :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to see my pscychiatrist and she pretty much laughed in my face at the fact that I had just broken up with this girl.:frown:

It left me even more depressed than before.
is someone arund please im completely shaken up. parents jeant to come and see me today and teyve had a car accident. no news and im absolutehy terrified

:jumphug: Not even sure what to say but can PM me if it'd help? Really really hope they're ok :frown: Did whoever said they've had a car accident say anything else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
:jumphug: oh hun, im sure they will be ok, is there anyone you can call close to them so they can see if theyv been taken to hospital? :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you. they are in hospital. mum is relatively ok, dad not so much. it ws quite serious and both cars wrttn off. now feel completely guilty cause they ere on their wy to see me. just cant velieve it dad had been drving 40 years and never ha an accident. feel absolutely awful :'(
Original post by furryface12
:jumphug: Not even sure what to say but can PM me if it'd help? Really really hope they're ok :frown: Did whoever said they've had a car accident say anything else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thnk you. they are both in hospital, mum is fine I think, but shaken up and stuff. dad they aren't even sure :'( apparentlu a head on collisiotn with someone overtaking. and both cars are undrivable. feel guilty and awful and they are meant to be going away on a long holiday later this week. dnt even know what to do. gt a whole day witout lectures and now im just worrying :frown: sorry for ranting at you thank you for replying
thnk you. they are both in hospital, mum is fine I think, but shaken up and stuff. dad they aren't even sure :'( apparentlu a head on collisiotn with someone overtaking. and both cars are undrivable. feel guilty and awful and they are meant to be going away on a long holiday later this week. dnt even know what to do. gt a whole day witout lectures and now im just worrying :frown: sorry for ranting at you thank you for replying

:hugs: Good that your mum's ok, hope your dad's alright too :frown: Is there anywhere you can go where you can talk to people or do something to distract yourself a bit? Sat there worrying will probably just make it worse for you but don't know what else you can do :s-smilie: Try not to feel guilty though (stupid as it sounds saying it) if you can, isn't your fault at all :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
:hugs: Good that your mum's ok, hope your dad's alright too :frown: Is there anywhere you can go where you can talk to people or do something to distract yourself a bit? Sat there worrying will probably just make it worse for you but don't know what else you can do :s-smilie: Try not to feel guilty though (stupid as it sounds saying it) if you can, isn't your fault at all :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you. just panicking not sure what to do. wonder if I should go for a walk :frown: sorry how are you?
thank you. just panicking not sure what to do. wonder if I should go for a walk :frown: sorry how are you?

Could do, please try stay safe though :hugs: Wish I could think of some useful way to help :s-smilie: I'm okish, mood's low and chest's driving me mad but I've been worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2348
thank you. they are in hospital. mum is relatively ok, dad not so much. it ws quite serious and both cars wrttn off. now feel completely guilty cause they ere on their wy to see me. just cant velieve it dad had been drving 40 years and never ha an accident. feel absolutely awful

Sorry to hear this, hope everyone is ok.

So sorry, only just woken up and seen this. Huge hugs to you and don't feel guilty at all - not your fault :penguinhug:
thank you. they are in hospital. mum is relatively ok, dad not so much. it ws quite serious and both cars wrttn off. now feel completely guilty cause they ere on their wy to see me. just cant velieve it dad had been drving 40 years and never ha an accident. feel absolutely awful :'(

:hugs: hope your dad will be ok hun!
And dont feel guilty at all! Its not your fault it happened by the sounds of it its the other drivers for overtaking when its unsafe to do so! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Uni still getting you down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, but i'm just generally so demotivated for life and can't take this existence anymore. How are you?
I've basically been told that my interests and hobbies make me a man-child

Scary :hugs:

We're here for you.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I've basically been told that my interests and hobbies make me a man-child

What are your interests and hobbies? Also if they're important to you it doesn't matter what other people say, everyone has different hobbies and likes, different strokes for different folks n all that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing
What are your interests and hobbies? Also if they're important to you it doesn't matter what other people say, everyone has different hobbies and likes, different strokes for different folks n all that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

basically I posted one of my relationships queries (I don't know whether you've seen them but they're hard to miss…) and I got wrecked by some med student saying I must live with my parents surrounded by anime toys and posters…I do like my sci-fi and stuff but I don't play all day

They were referring presumably to my entitlement issues and aura of lacking responsibility, the latter of which I know is symptomatic of my current mental state
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
basically I posted one of my relationships queries (I don't know whether you've seen them but they're hard to miss…) and I got wrecked by some med student saying I must live with my parents surrounded by anime toys and posters…I do like my sci-fi and stuff but I don't play all day

They were referring presumably to my entitlement issues and aura of lacking responsibility, the latter of which I know is symptomatic of my current mental state

I just had a flick through that thread and that person who responded just seems like he has a giant stick up his ass. He is the type who thinks he is better than someone, I wouldn't let him get to you, he's probably trying to just get a rise out of you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: :jumphug: around on text/fb, so many :hugs: Please don't feel guilty - you're not to blame at all.
Thanks so much for all the good wishes/hugs guys, I really really appreciate it. You're all so lovely. Thankfully things seem to be okay, in the grand scheme of things. My parents only have fairly minor injuries from seatbelts and things, so that's the most important thing. Dad has a head injury but nothing too serious I don't think. Our car is undriveable and the other one has been written off. Not great timing given they're going on a long holiday at the weekend and needed the car, but really they're just lucky to have their lives, things could have been very different. Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Still a bit anxious but mainly relieved. Thanks again, I hope you are all okay. :hugs:
Thanks so much for all the good wishes/hugs guys, I really really appreciate it. You're all so lovely. Thankfully things seem to be okay, in the grand scheme of things. My parents only have fairly minor injuries from seatbelts and things, so that's the most important thing. Dad has a head injury but nothing too serious I don't think. Our car is undriveable and the other one has been written off. Not great timing given they're going on a long holiday at the weekend and needed the car, but really they're just lucky to have their lives, things could have been very different. Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Still a bit anxious but mainly relieved. Thanks again, I hope you are all okay. :hugs:

Really pleased it's not sounding life-threatening or too serious :yes: What a scary day. No wonder you're still anxious :frown: Remember that you're not to blame in the slightest - there are loads of idiot drivers out there (talking about the overtaker here, not your parents) all over the place and it's their fault for overtaking in a reckless manner, NOT yours at all. So please don't let your brain blame yourself :hugs:

Latest