The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not sure how controversial it is, but I am pro-choice and believe every woman should be able to access abortion services easily for free.
This is one of the reasons I will never go to Ireland, I refuse to vist/spend money in a country that has made it illegal.
Original post by King Boo
That people are offended far too easily, and expect me to apologise for my opinions and thoughts if they are offended.

You dont like what I'm saying, ignore it or dont listen, you dont like the message in a song, dont listen to it. You dont like what a scientist is wearing, keep that opinion to yourself.

People are far too easily offended, and we've perpetuated a society that seems to give people who are offended a moral high ground as if being offended is worth something, its not. In the words of stephen fry, you're offended? So what.

Suck it up, deal with it and stop whining like an annoying little child. Im not going to apologise for my views because they differ to yours, and if you're offended by that, thats your issue, not mine.

I think some people go out of their way to find some things offensive.
There should be no such thing as private/public schools.
blacks and indians contribute more to uk society than muslims/pakistanis ever have.

More sportspersons, journalists, politicians, food, music. And we dont say we hate uk society, try to bomb us and then live on its benefits.
Original post by faxensis
blacks and indians contribute more to uk society than muslims/pakistanis ever have.

More sportspersons, journalists, politicians, food, music. And we dont say we hate uk society, try to bomb us and then live on its benefits.

What about black and Indian Muslims?
Original post by Blazar
What about black and Indian Muslims?

I wouldnt know..but nice attempt to read me and determine how i can sxpress myself.lolool.
I wouldnt know..but nice attempt to read me and determine how i can sxpress myself.lolool.

...?

I ws merely challenging the implication that being black or Indian and being Muslim are mutually exclusive, as I wanted to see how the negation of that implication would fit into your viewpoint.
I dont believe thst but there you go....
Original post by LivngForSummer
There should be no such thing as private/public schools.

So who or what will own them?
Reply 1089
So who or what will own them?

The state of course! I already put this view forward a while back nice to hear someone who agrees!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
9/11 was staged by the US government.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
9/11 was staged by the US government.

Anything to back your view?
Original post by Blazar
Is it murder if a woman has her period without getting pregnant?

Nope it's genetically hers. The fetus is not. It's not her life to chose on. I believe in suicide so she can make that decision of she wants but she can't directly take someone else's life.
Original post by Nickierose21
Nope it's genetically hers. The fetus is not. It's not her life to chose on. I believe in suicide so she can make that decision of she wants but she can't directly take someone else's life.

So is it murder if she has protected sex with a man and doesn't get pregnant as a result? What about if she knows she's going to get pregnant but commits suicide for unrelated reasons just before the egg is fertilised? Also, do you realise that by making abortion illegal, you would be giving pregnant women less bodily autonomy than a corpse?
Original post by Blazar
So is it murder if she has protected sex with a man and doesn't get pregnant as a result? What about if she knows she's going to get pregnant but commits suicide for unrelated reasons just before the egg is fertilised? Also, do you realise that by making abortion illegal, you would be giving pregnant women less bodily autonomy than a corpse?

No because before its fertilized its genetically hers. As long it is her Dan it is her body otherwise it's not and not her right to kill it.

And also do you realize legalizing abortion kills millions of children?

I suppose the inconvenience on women is more important than children being murdered for other people's problems.
No because before its fertilized its genetically hers. As long it is her Dan it is her body otherwise it's not and not her right to kill it.

And also do you realize legalizing abortion kills millions of children?

I suppose the inconvenience on women is more important than children being murdered for other people's problems.

No. Legalising abortion kills millions of foetuses that would have been unwanted children and would have led miserable lives or been abandoned or killed once they were born, not to mention the cases where the foetus is aborted because carrying it would kill the mother. Our orphanages are already bursting at the seams; we don't need any more children that are unwanted and liable to be abandoned.

Lets say two people are at the top of a building and you're standing at the bottom. One is holding a baby; the other, a foetus in a petri dish. They drop both the baby and the foetus at exactly the same time. You can only save one. Which do you choose?
Original post by Blazar
No. Legalising abortion kills millions of foetuses that would have been unwanted children and would have led miserable lives or been abandoned or killed once they were born, not to mention the cases where the foetus is aborted because carrying it would kill the mother. Our orphanages are already bursting at the seams; we don't need any more children that are unwanted and liable to be abandoned.

Lets say two people are at the top of a building and you're standing at the bottom. One is holding a baby; the other, a foetus in a petri dish. They drop both the baby and the foetus at exactly the same time. You can only save one. Which do you choose?

im not talking about life and death situations.

You have no right to judge someone else's life to say they don't deserve to live that's not your business nor your place or anyone's for that matter. You come off as very judgemental and supremacist.

I'd save whoever could be saved. They are both lives both children. I don't see one as not worth saving sorry but it shows how lacking you are that you do. You lack compassion and a moral compass.
(edited 9 years ago)
Also we'd have more money to go to children finding families and the like if we changed different laws like killing murderers quickly and putting illegals in their country effectively etc. it wor free up a lot of money for other resources like the foster care system etc.
Also we'd have more money to go to children finding families and the like if we changed different laws like killing murderers quickly and putting illegals in their country effectively etc. it wor free up a lot of money for other resources like the foster care system etc.

The death penalty costs more than keeping someone in prison.
Original post by OU Student
The death penalty costs more than keeping someone in prison.

No it doesn't one bullet for every criminal by obviously sharp shooters. Like that Russian serial killer perfect.

Latest