The Student Room Group

course choices for next year

For those staying on at school, what are you choosing next year, at what level? And what do you want to study after leaving school? :smile:
Hi! Im picking higher chemistry,biology,English,maths and music for fifth year! I want to do veterinary medicine when I leave! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm picking higher geography, Media, Psychology and Modern Studies for sixth year. There was no advanced highers I wanted to take and I don't need them so that's why I'm doing more highers. I want to study psychology when I leave or I want to film production. They're both very different things but i'm probably going to do psychology.
Advanced Higher Physics and Computing Science.
Human Bio and Chemistry (higher)
Reply 4
I am hoping to do AH Accounting, AH Computing Science and AH Mathematics, provided the timetable allows for it. I'm not sure if it will yet though as we haven't been given course option forms yet.

I would also quite like to do Higher Geography (I did it at Nat 5 so it shouldn't be too bad) but I'm not sure if that will be too much.
Reply 5
Original post by ROC10
I am hoping to do AH Accounting, AH Computing Science and AH Mathematics, provided the timetable allows for it. I'm not sure if it will yet though as we haven't been given course option forms yet.

I would also quite like to do Higher Geography (I did it at Nat 5 so it shouldn't be too bad) but I'm not sure if that will be too much.

3 AH and a higher should be fine if you feel confident enough in those subjects and think you'll manage the work load. If you're not sure could ask your guidance teacher/year head. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by rachelmoyes
3 AH and a higher should be fine if you feel confident enough in those subjects and think you'll manage the work load. If you're not sure could ask your guidance teacher/year head. :smile:

Thanks for the advice! :smile:

I think I would be able to manage, it's just that I'm not sure if I want all of that workload next year to be honest. But then again, I'm not sure how I would feel about having 10-12 free periods per week, I would possibly get a bit bored... :tongue:

I will wait and see what the option forms are like and then I can get some advice from teachers.
Reply 7
I'm doing AH Mths, AH Statistics, AH History and Higher Music
Reply 8
I picked AH Computing, Higher Art, Personal Development and Crash Higher Business Management.

Not quite sure what to expect from my year since I have never done business before and personal development is kind of a new thing. I also haven't done art since my Nat 5 in fourth year so yeah. Gonna be a weird year but I'm hoping not too stressful as this year is turning out to be.
Original post by ashleymacleod
I'm picking higher geography, Media, Psychology and Modern Studies for sixth year. There was no advanced highers I wanted to take and I don't need them so that's why I'm doing more highers. I want to study psychology when I leave or I want to film production. They're both very different things but i'm probably going to do psychology.

What higher did you pick this year ?
Reply 10
Original post by rachelmoyes
For those staying on at school, what are you choosing next year, at what level? And what do you want to study after leaving school? :smile:

I'm hoping to study Advanced Higher Maths, Physics and Music and Higher Business Management(self study) when I leave I want to go and study Physics. I'm actually a bit confused about my course choices at the moment something tells me I should of chose advanced higher chemistr instead even though I don't find it as interesting as music

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending