The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply for 2015 PGCE entrance?

I was intending to apply for 2016 entrance for my MFL PGCE course, but I saw on many university's websites that they take applications on a constant basis.

I know MFL PGCE is not the most popular course and there are usually spare places. Would it be best to wait until September to apply or would it still be worth it if I apply now for 2015 entrance?

Cheers
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ross E
I was intending to apply for 2016 entrance for my MFL PGCE course, but I saw on many university's websites that they take applications on a constant basis.

I know MFL PGCE is not the most popular course and they are usually spare places. Would it be best to wait until September to apply or would it still be worth it if I apply now for 2015 entrance?

Cheers

Apply, should still be spaces in some places.
I applied last July and got onto a course so there's definitely still hope!
For MFL you should have a reasonable chance at this time of year.

I applied at about this time 3 years ago and got in (I think my interview was in the Easter holidays). I thought I was quite late applying but actually there were loads of people on my course who had applied later, including a couple who only had their interview in August before starting the course in September!
I applied for geography 2 Fridays ago. Had an offer the following Monday, and then an interview last Friday! Should find out Monday, so it all happened in about 10 days- so if my experience is anything to go by you definitely can still apply! Teaching works on a first come first served spaces, so if there are still spaces on gttr it is worth applying!
It's not too late, but places will be filling up fast. I was at a Newcastle interview last week (for primary) and they said that they had 10 spaces left and were hoping to fill them that day, but might have one more interview. University of Manchester have interview dates running into May, but if they fill the course early then they won't hold them all.

If you're not picky about where you go, you can apply up until the end of August I think, and I remember there being a few primary places available when I looked that time last year. But if you have a specific uni in mind, you should be applying ASAP.
Reply 7
Am i too late to apply for uni in september 2015 ?
Original post by sofiapet
Am i too late to apply for uni in september 2015 ?

Which subject?
Reply 9
Photography
Original post by sofiapet
Photography

This is the incorrect thread/forum for this question.

You can though- look at clearing on the ucas website
Reply 11
Sorry I thought because the original
Post was about a September application this was the correct thread
Worry not, I don´t mind, it is just you may find more helpful advice in other relevant forums! Good luck with you application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending