The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

That moment when you realize actually how close all your deadlines are to each other :eek::afraid:
Original post by TeaLeaves93
That moment when you realize actually how close all your deadlines are to each other :eek::afraid:

That was me recently! Total panic when I realised I had 4 class tests, a lab report and a piece of coursework all due in the space of 2 weeks.. 😡

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Psyc_Girl
That was me recently! Total panic when I realised I had 4 class tests, a lab report and a piece of coursework all due in the space of 2 weeks.. ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only solution is.....chocolate :colone:
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Oh no! Did they put up the wrong date or you just misunderstood?

Work hard this week and hopefully you'll be fine! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just misunderstood, luckily it's open book so should be ok. Just need to get my notes organised. :smile:
It's been an afternoon of essay struggles. Not sure how I got this far at uni tbh
The next few days are gonna be tough. Essay due on Thursday plus I am doing an event on Thursday afternoon arghh! :eek:
Busy afternoon- mock presentation in my seminar from 1-3 and then got my essay due tomorrow to finish off.
9 weeks until my first exam :frown: do any second or third years have any advice on preparing for exams at uni? I have 10 in total :afraid:
Original post by LeaX
9 weeks until my first exam :frown: do any second or third years have any advice on preparing for exams at uni? I have 10 in total :afraid:

past papers- look through them and prepare stock answers because quite often the same questions come up again and again. Don't attempt to revise all topics but equally cover more than 2!
Had a meeting with my tutor yesterday (the one who knows about all my personal ****), and he's actually made me feel a lot better about my degree. He laid it out pretty clear, basically just asking me if I was ok with a scumbag ruining my life and my degree. I realised actually, nah, I'm not ok with that. So right now, I'm applying for that masters degree I've wanted to do since I started uni. I'm at the 500 words on why I wanna study it part, and kinda stuck, but I'll get something down.

I'm not even sure if I'll take the offer if I get it, but at least I'm giving it a shot. I feel like I'm making progress. I'm gonna get over this **** and get back on track. I wanna get back to being a geek. :frown:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Had a meeting with my tutor yesterday (the one who knows about all my personal ****), and he's actually made me feel a lot better about my degree. He laid it out pretty clear, basically just asking me if I was ok with a scumbag ruining my life and my degree. I realised actually, nah, I'm not ok with that. So right now, I'm applying for that masters degree I've wanted to do since I started uni. I'm at the 500 words on why I wanna study it part, and kinda stuck, but I'll get something down.

I'm not even sure if I'll take the offer if I get it, but at least I'm giving it a shot. I feel like I'm making progress. I'm gonna get over this **** and get back on track. I wanna get back to being a geek. :frown:

example masters personal statements at the bottom of this link:
https://www.dur.ac.uk/careers/s/pgstudy/app/

really helped me
Original post by LeaX

(Assuming this is for an essay subject)

I disagree with the 'stock answers' advice - only do that if you're very, very sure the same questions are going to come up, for my uni that wasn't usually the case. You do need to use past papers to pick your revision topics, though.

I think it's best to pick a certain number of topics per exam (based on how many topics there are on that module in total, what tends to come up in past papers, and how many questions you will get to choose from in the exam) and then revise a number of author theories/empirical examples/case studies for each one, whatever is applicable to your course, so that you can then potentially apply these to any question that comes up.

If you just have stock answers you'll be **** out of luck if those questions don't come up, but if you actually know the material you should be able to apply it to anything and provide better analysis of it in the exam.
(edited 9 years ago)
x

If I've gotten the day right ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBZ! :party:
Original post by Slowbro93
If I've gotten the day right ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBZ! :party:

You have indeed! Thanks babes :suith:. Can't believe I'm 21!

Can't wait to get trashed tonight. Expect drunken snap stories. #yolo
Hey guys :smile:
New to TSR, but I'm a second year student about to start a revision plan for May exams :frown: Where has the time gone? I feel like this year has only just started...
Essay submitted
Original post by jelly1000
Essay submitted

:woo: Well done!
Original post by TeaLeaves93
:woo: Well done!

Ta, means I can breath again for a few mins til its time to worry about the next one
You have indeed! Thanks babes :suith:. Can't believe I'm 21!

Can't wait to get trashed tonight. Expect drunken snap stories. #yolo

have a fab day lovely! :party: :hugs

lab report submitted :woo: and books taken out for the cell biology essay; exam timetable tomorrow along with molecular coursework being set and then choosing modules for 3rd year next week :eek:
Original post by lilGem
have a fab day lovely! :party: :hugs

lab report submitted :woo: and books taken out for the cell biology essay; exam timetable tomorrow along with molecular coursework being set and then choosing modules for 3rd year next week :eek:

You get to pick your modules already? :O

Quick Reply

Latest