The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Sorry things are so rough at the moment. :frown: :hugs: Good that you've let them know though- hopefully they'll help! :smile:
I know that feeling. :redface: But hopefully you identifying that thing are getting tough and being able to ask for support will help keep things from getting as bad as they've been before? :yes: Big hugs! :penguinhug:

Thanks. :smile: And yeah you're right, I'm hoping that I've caught things early enough that I can stop from returning to where I was before.

How're you today?
So glad your parents are okay! :sadnod: And what panda said- nothing to feel guilty for! :hugs: Hope you're okay hun- around if you need. :lovehug:

thanks, lovely :lovehug: :kissing2:
Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks. :smile: And yeah you're right, I'm hoping that I've caught things early enough that I can stop from returning to where I was before.

How're you today?

I'm okay thank you! :smile: Just feeling a bit anxious. :colondollar: Going climbing with a friend tomorrow which means being organised with kit and stuff, a couple of buses and a train and I don't have the option of backing out if it gets too much. :redface: Also involves being around All Of The People! :eek3: :tongue: Such a silly thing to be getting panicky about cause I'm sure it'll go fine, and I've been looking forward to it for ages. :colondollar:

How are you? :smile:
Hello.
Original post by Paladian
Hello.

Evening! :hat2:
I'm okay thank you! :smile: Just feeling a bit anxious. :colondollar: Going climbing with a friend tomorrow which means being organised with kit and stuff, a couple of buses and a train and I don't have the option of backing out if it gets too much. :redface: Also involves being around All Of The People! :eek3: :tongue: Such a silly thing to be getting panicky about cause I'm sure it'll go fine, and I've been looking forward to it for ages. :colondollar:

How are you? :smile:

That sounds really awesome! Climbing is fun even if it kills your fingers afterwards :tongue: Does your friend know you're feeling panicky about it? S/he might be able to assuage those fears if they know. It can be so annoying when you want to do/look forward to something but then come the anxious thoughts. I hope it goes well for you. :smile:

I'm not good but my cat has been an absolute lifesaver these past few days. I think he knows I'm upset as he keeps sitting as close as possible to me and just being great. :h:
Evening! :hat2:

How are you on this fine evening good sir?
Want info on my job now. Got stuff to sort out but in Liverpool for a week!

More to celebrate now i guess! Anniversary next weekend and a job offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
That sounds really awesome! Climbing is fun even if it kills your fingers afterwards :tongue: Does your friend know you're feeling panicky about it? S/he might be able to assuage those fears if they know. It can be so annoying when you want to do/look forward to something but then come the anxious thoughts. I hope it goes well for you. :smile:

I'm not good but my cat has been an absolute lifesaver these past few days. I think he knows I'm upset as he keeps sitting as close as possible to me and just being great. :h:

Thank you! :hugs: She does, and she's been brilliant about it! :smile: I'm incredibly lucky to have such support from my friends-they're fab. :colondollar: We havent been in a while and am looking forward to it.
Oooh cat! :ahee: Whats his name? I love animals. :woo:
Sorry to hear you've been upset though. :frown: :console: I hope tomorrow is a better day, and that you're being kind to yourself!
How are you on this fine evening good sir?

I am good thank you! :woo: How are you? :hat:
Almost up to date on notes which is basically a miracle (don't actually know how I've managed to do this considering I was weeks behind lol). :eek: Considering how ****ty I've been feeling the last few days I'm quite pleased with myself? Is that bad? :redface:
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I just saw this! Congratulations on the job offer and PSROM Grrrrrrrr. Well done though. :h:
Original post by Pathway
Almost up to date on notes which is basically a miracle (don't actually know how I've managed to do this considering I was weeks behind lol). :eek: Considering how ****ty I've been feeling the last few days I'm quite pleased with myself? Is that bad? :redface:

You've every right to be pleased with yourself. Tiz a huge achievement :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you're enjoying Liverpool and congrats on the job :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I am good thank you! :woo: How are you? :hat:

I just did a post in the chat room telling everybody I'm schizophrenic and nobody believes me. They don't believe me because I'm well enough now not to be saying stuff that's mad.
I just did a post in the chat room telling everybody I'm schizophrenic and nobody believes me. They don't believe me because I'm well enough now not to be saying stuff that's mad.

:console: Sad that so many people have so little understanding about mental illness. :frown:
bleh. thoughts are really rubbish right now. worried I might be being too comfortable being depressed and using it as an excuse. also panicked because my first exam is the 8th May and I just can't believe how soon it is and how unprepared I am. I am a massive failure. I just hate it. why do I struggle so much.
:console: Sad that so many people have so little understanding about mental illness. :frown:

The thing is after two posts she thought she could tell if I was schizophrenic or not.
Havent been on in ages, I have reached a bit of a rut again in that I am struggling to get a good nights sleep not that my sleep was that great before i.e no matter what time I go to bed I feel so groggy when I get up I find it hard to get out of bed, if I do I have a mild flu like feeling in my head, nose ears and basically falling asleep on my feet all day then at bedtime my brain switches off yet body does the opposite(its almost as if my body thinks nightime is daytime and daytime is nightime and my mind knows the correct time)

For that small 30 minutes to 2 hours around 9pm-11pm every night I reach a balance where I feel normal, no idea why that is why either and when it gets past 11pm I start getting extreme hunger as I crash and pig out even if not eaten much all day I just eat to stay awake.
Thank you! :hugs: She does, and she's been brilliant about it! :smile: I'm incredibly lucky to have such support from my friends-they're fab. :colondollar: We havent been in a while and am looking forward to it.
Oooh cat! :ahee: Whats his name? I love animals. :woo:
Sorry to hear you've been upset though. :frown: :console: I hope tomorrow is a better day, and that you're being kind to yourself!

That's really great that you have a friend like that.

Although not his name, generally I call him Mister Kitty.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ScaryScience
bleh. thoughts are really rubbish right now. worried I might be being too comfortable being depressed and using it as an excuse. also panicked because my first exam is the 8th May and I just can't believe how soon it is and how unprepared I am. I am a massive failure. I just hate it. why do I struggle so much.

Not a failure AT ALL lovely. :no: Can you speak to your tutor and see if they can offer any support? :console: I know they've been unhelpful before though. :frown: :hugs:
Anniversary next weekend and a job offer!

AWESOME!!! I am really happy for you. What for a kind of job is it? (I mean, what you will do.)

Latest