The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
There's MOTD tonight!? YAY!!! Would like to see the United game to see how lucky they were, seeing as all the stats would point to them dominating the game.

We dominated first half and just couldnt score (story of our season along with **** performances). Young and Rooney missed great chances to put the game to bed. Newcastle should have had a pen in the first half though but on the balance of the game, we deserved to win. Lucky in the end, but deserved unlike other games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good performance today all in all. 1st half very physical and typical Loftus Road but then 2nd half Ozil started the little turns and we absolutely rinsed their flanks. Good to see a solid defensive game and Sanchez back among the goals!

Ozil or Coq would be my MOTM
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

That's the thing though, we both play poverty football but the difference is luck. We don't get luck. Okay maybe we don't play as much poverty football but you know what I mean. Yeah I think I'd probably levitate if we knock them out but I just can't see it? I hope we do though. More confident of finishing above them if anything.

I promise you I'm not obsessed with them or anything, I just have a very annoying friend :lol:

I think we get more luck than we think, we were pretty dreadful for most of the first half, then let them back into needlessly, the difference is we spur on around the 60 min mark and grab a goal, then let one in with 15 to go and hold on, so it doesn't look as lucky as a 1-0 smash and grab last minute winner.

And no I completely get the obsession, most of my uni supports United, if we win imma be walking into lectures on Tuesday afternoon like:

Edit: just for the record that Biebs one was meant to be a gif but didnt work
There's MOTD tonight!? YAY!!! Would like to see the United game to see how lucky they were, seeing as all the stats would point to them dominating the game.

Yeah. I've just saved your evening, no need to thank me.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
We dominated first half and just couldnt score (story of our season along with **** performances). Young and Rooney missed great chances to put the game to bed. Newcastle should have had a pen in the first half though but on the balance of the game, we deserved to win. Lucky in the end, but deserved unlike other games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the summary, the problem is once you get a rep for being a lucky team it's very difficult to shake it, especially when you're scoring last minute winners from goalkeeping howlers
Yeah. I've just saved your evening, no need to thank me.

But ruined my plans to do work tomorrow morning :biggrin:
Thanks for the summary, the problem is once you get a rep for being a lucky team it's very difficult to shake it, especially when you're scoring last minute winners from goalkeeping howlers

De Gea had some great saves today as well. Saved us towards the end of the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think we get more luck than we think, we were pretty dreadful for most of the first half, then let them back into needlessly, the difference is we spur on around the 60 min mark and grab a goal, then let one in with 15 to go and hold on, so it doesn't look as lucky as a 1-0 smash and grab last minute winner.

And no I completely get the obsession, most of my uni supports United, if we win imma be walking into lectures on Tuesday afternoon like:

Edit: just for the record that Biebs one was meant to be a gif but didnt work

Ahah I couldn't rep. Yeah I know what you mean. I was completely abused by my mates when Monaco won. I mean, I was destroyed you don't understand. If that was to happen I'd be walking into uni lectures like:

Spoiler

:moon: that would be good.

And oh my bad, you would have been kicking yourself if you missed motd though :tongue:
Another win, another poor performance though bar 20 minutes in the second half.

I've got a funny feeling we may win at Old Toilet next week, don't think we'll give up the cup without a fight...
Ahah I couldn't rep. Yeah I know what you mean. I was completely abused by my mates when Monaco won. I mean, I was destroyed you don't understand. If that was to happen I'd be walking into uni lectures like:

Spoiler

:moon: that would be good.

And oh my bad, you would have been kicking yourself if you missed motd though :tongue:

Haha, at least the United fans at my uni are generally ones who aren't that big fans and don't talk about football much.

I don't generally mouth off over results so thankfully I don't get much in return.

Haha, I'm doing work now so it's all good, although I've probably had the least productive day of my life today.

Just seen Gomis collapse, pretty close to where Muamba collapsed too, White Hart Lane is is pretty dodgy :frown:
Coquelin's nose looks sore as **** in that post-match interview.
That Sanchez goal was so Suarez.
Original post by midnightice
But I'll never forget last week. Literally never.

You will if we win 3-0 away and knock them out.
Another poor performance from that lil sideman Gibbs.
From what I've seen, you were certainly value for the win.
My arsenal fan friend was pretty critical of you and maybe it was because you were against one of the worst sides in the league.
But in all honestly, their keeper had an excellent game and it could've easily been 4-0.

The difference between you and United is that you play well and get ahead, but then try your hardest to bottle it.
United play like garbage for most of the game and then something ridiculous happens.
We have to play a really good game or else we won't get the points, so it can be tough to see a rival team like that fluke so many wins :/

I expected all the top teams to win and although I'm pissed about United being so lucky, this isn't one of the games where I expected them to drop points.

P.S: I'm fed up with their fortune so now I'm rooting for you to absolutely demolish them at the weekend. Good luck :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
^ He's ****ing obsessed. Think he's got some warped version of de Clérambault syndrome.

You looked good from what I saw on MOTD. Think you'll beat us on Monday, Özil was getting in the pockets and if you just counter whilst sitting deep as you've done recently we'll find it hard to break down. Could even play for the draw tbf.
Him and Giroud were both made scapegoats for last week, the whole team was complete ****. We shouldn't be knocking playing when they're down, don't know if any of you saw the AFTV vid a couple of days ago of fans running to Mert's car to take selfies with him, probably the same guys who talk **** about him after.

Giroud has bounced back well, 2 vital goals in 2 games.

He missed an open goal. As much as I like Giroud he was partly to blame.

Look how pleased he was though <3

(edited 9 years ago)
Daily mail thinks Coquelin's been one of the best defensive players this half season lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2979102/Arsenal-s-Francis-Coquelin-emerged-Premier-League-s-best-defensive-player-returning-loan-solution-Gunners-midfield-problem.html

As for Ospina, I don't think there's much he could have done for the goal conceded, longer shots are clearly his weakness and ironically that's one of Schezny's strengths, but I'd choose stability over ability.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Depleted
^ He's ****ing obsessed. Think he's got some warped version of de Clérambault syndrome.

You clearly don't understand.
Considering how important a top 4 finish is for our club this season, damn right I'm obsessed.

We don't have another 200m to buy our way out of trouble like you do - if we miss out this year we're in trouble.

To see the potential future of my club be decided by ridiculous and almost weekly events of Man United fortune is soul destroying.
Original post by AR_95
Daily mail thinks Coquelin's been one of the best defensive players this half season lol

Probably just remembering the City match quite vividly, I'd imagine.

Latest