The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton university applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauracoe97
Loved the applicant day yesterday. Shame they didn't show any other accommodation than Lee House. Is anyone thinking about Shaw? The Criminology group seemed really nice as well, don't know if anyone on here went

Yeah I did :smile: I am looking to do Psych & Crim joint honours but because the psych department was a bit of a let down I don't think I'll be choosing Roehampton...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by FindingHappiness
Yeah I did :smile: I am looking to do Psych & Crim joint honours but because the psych department was a bit of a let down I don't think I'll be choosing Roehampton...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a shame :frown:
Original post by ayee
I went to the offer holder day today and loved it, I'm just a little worried because at 21 I was the oldest person there and the only one who has already finished college and been working. I know I'm not much older but do you think this will make a difference socially? :s-smilie:

Hey Ayee!

I just saw your post here, I'm TaylaGrace and in my first year at Roehamtpon. You shouldn't worry at all about being 21. On my course there are quite a few people that I know of who are in their first year that are your age and there are even people who are older. It's completely normal :smile: As for making a difference socially, it won't make any. Everyone from all years go to the social events, if you think about it the majority of students from second and third year will be 21 or some over anyway... So don't worry at all and I hope I helped put your mind at ease.
Reply 203
Loved the applicant day yesterday. Shame they didn't show any other accommodation than Lee House. Is anyone thinking about Shaw? The Criminology group seemed really nice as well, don't know if anyone on here went

I'm going to the applicant day in April also for Criminology :smile: I'd probably put Shaw as my second choice but I know I'm going to put Lee House as my first. I don't know if you've seen on the accommodation page on the website that they've increased the prices for accommodation :confused:
Reply 204
Original post by TaylaGrace
Hey Ayee!

I just saw your post here, I'm TaylaGrace and in my first year at Roehamtpon. You shouldn't worry at all about being 21. On my course there are quite a few people that I know of who are in their first year that are your age and there are even people who are older. It's completely normal :smile: As for making a difference socially, it won't make any. Everyone from all years go to the social events, if you think about it the majority of students from second and third year will be 21 or some over anyway... So don't worry at all and I hope I helped put your mind at ease.

Hi TaylaGrace, that's cool you're in your first year at Roehampton :smile: How is it? Is the uni good? What are you studying?
Original post by Monica-xx
I'm going to the applicant day in April also for Criminology :smile: I'd probably put Shaw as my second choice but I know I'm going to put Lee House as my first. I don't know if you've seen on the accommodation page on the website that they've increased the prices for accommodation :confused:

No I loved Lee, but it's too expensive for me :frown: will have to have another look at the prices now, thanks for the heads up :smile:
Reply 206
No I loved Lee, but it's too expensive for me :frown: will have to have another look at the prices now, thanks for the heads up :smile:

Aw that's a shame :frown: what was Lee like? That's alright :smile:
Aw that's a shame :frown: what was Lee like? That's alright :smile:

It's really modern, the rooms are a lot bigger than the others on campus. One of the reps living there has a room so big he has a double and single bed in there!
Reply 208
It's really modern, the rooms are a lot bigger than the others on campus. One of the reps living there has a room so big he has a double and single bed in there!

That sounds good! What is the en suite like if you saw it? Wow no way! A double and single bed?! :eek:
That sounds good! What is the en suite like if you saw it? Wow no way! A double and single bed?! :eek:

I know! And well the biggest I've seen out of all the uni's ive looked at
Reply 210
I know! And well the biggest I've seen out of all the uni's ive looked at

I'm looking forward to going in April now haha :tongue: What did they do for criminology on the day?
I'm looking forward to going in April now haha :tongue: What did they do for criminology on the day?

We had 2 lecturers, the first one spoke about the history of prisons and if they work or not, and the second spoke on transnational crime and graffiti. It was really interesting! Lecture style but with a few questions a group work like a seminar. Lasted for about an hour and a half which sounds like such a long time but it went really quickly! Then we had a talk on social life and then a campus tour and looked at Lee House :smile: I hope you enjoy it in April! I met loads of lovely people when I went
Reply 212
We had 2 lecturers, the first one spoke about the history of prisons and if they work or not, and the second spoke on transnational crime and graffiti. It was really interesting! Lecture style but with a few questions a group work like a seminar. Lasted for about an hour and a half which sounds like such a long time but it went really quickly! Then we had a talk on social life and then a campus tour and looked at Lee House :smile: I hope you enjoy it in April! I met loads of lovely people when I went

Sounds interesting! That's cool :smile: thanks! I hope to meet nice people when I go too
Original post by ThydaB
I got a conditional for Education - am so pleased. I have heard great things about the reputation etc. Would be good to see if anyone else is in the same boat? Also, if anyone knows where to find information about how many students they accept per course per year. I prefer smaller groups so will affect my choice in the end. :smile:

Hi, i have applied to the same university but for a similar course just wanted to ask, do u know how long it took for them to reply to your choice?
Hi TaylaGrace, that's cool you're in your first year at Roehampton :smile: How is it? Is the uni good? What are you studying?

Hey Monica!

I'm studying English Literature with Creative Writing. I love it here, I wouldn't change it for anything. Roehampton is very accommodating and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I think for me, my favorite things about Roehampton have been getting to know loads of like minded people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds. Also, aside from being able to study the subject I love, the social life here is great. There are also so many opportunities to get stuck into uni life.

In regards to my course, I feel very supported in that I can speak to my lecturers about anything. The course content is stimulating and exciting. I have had a lot of freedom to dabble with new ways of writing and literature as well as fully immersing myself in the things I personally prefer. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :biggrin:

-TaylaGrace
Reply 215
Original post by TaylaGrace
Hey Monica!

I'm studying English Literature with Creative Writing. I love it here, I wouldn't change it for anything. Roehampton is very accommodating and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I think for me, my favorite things about Roehampton have been getting to know loads of like minded people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds. Also, aside from being able to study the subject I love, the social life here is great. There are also so many opportunities to get stuck into uni life.

In regards to my course, I feel very supported in that I can speak to my lecturers about anything. The course content is stimulating and exciting. I have had a lot of freedom to dabble with new ways of writing and literature as well as fully immersing myself in the things I personally prefer. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :biggrin:

-TaylaGrace

Thanks for the info TaylaGrace :smile: it was really useful!
Reply 216
Since accommodation booking is coming up soon, does anyone have an idea of which one they're going to apply for?
Since accommodation booking is coming up soon, does anyone have an idea of which one they're going to apply for?

Are people looking at accommodation that's in the same place as most of their lectures? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decided I am going to insure Roehampton. Still have some apprehensions about Whitelands but loved Southlands and I like the community feel here. I'm hoping I have made the right choice, but time will tell although fingers crossed I get into my firm :wink: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here, what's your firm choice @findinghappiness

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending