The Student Room Group

Queen Mary or Manchester for Economics?

I have an unconditional offer at Manchester and AAA at Queen Mary for economics. Which is better in terms of prestige, career prospects and course? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am in a very similar situation, with an unconditional from Birmingham and AAA QMUL. I think QMUL is better than Manchester or Birmingham because the course seems more competitive, its higher in league tables for economics, the graduate prospects seem really good and it is in London. But I am far from an expert.
Reply 2
Original post by dean2013
I am in a very similar situation, with an unconditional from Birmingham and AAA QMUL. I think QMUL is better than Manchester or Birmingham because the course seems more competitive, its higher in league tables for economics, the graduate prospects seem really good and it is in London. But I am far from an expert.

Ah okay, yeah very similar. Where else have you applied? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

And do you think you will choose Queen Mary over Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I will choose Queen Mary, I did not apply to Manchester, but there standard offer has B in it, so I thought that makes it seem less prestigious, but I am sure they can all be really good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I think I will choose Queen Mary, I did not apply to Manchester, but there standard offer has B in it, so I thought that makes it seem less prestigious, but I am sure they can all be really good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I'll see you there in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, yeah I'm waiting on UCL, LSE and Warwick, how about you?
Hello, am kind of in the same position but am having to chose between queen mary eco or Cass business school to study Management, am struggling to chose one. And did any of you make it to the QMUL economics offer holder day today, if you did i was the guy in red coat lol. And btw what did you think of it?
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting on Surrey, City and UCL still. Getting really anxious about UCL!
Original post by Sheikh Spear
Hello, am kind of in the same position but am having to chose between queen mary eco or Cass business school to study Management, am struggling to chose one. And did any of you make it to the QMUL economics offer holder day today, if you did i was the guy in red coat lol. And btw what did you think of it?

No, what did you think of it?
Original post by Mads_300

Don't worry, your application must be good as Manchester gave you an unconditional, QMUL an offer, and UCL would have already rejected you if it was bad. Have you decided your 2nd choice? I am assuming UCL is your first.
Reply 11

Don't worry, your application must be good as Manchester gave you an unconditional, QMUL an offer, and UCL would have already rejected you if it was bad. Have you decided your 2nd choice? I am assuming UCL is your first.

Yeah UCL would be my first choice, and I still can't decide between QMUL and Manchester, though I'm leaning towards QMUL. What about you? Would LSE be your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah UCL would be my first choice, and I still can't decide between QMUL and Manchester, though I'm leaning towards QMUL. What about you? Would LSE be your first choice?

Don't mind really, I would be so happy if I could go to any of the ones I am waiting on. But I could be happy with QMUL too. Living in east London would be quite different to the boarding school in Surrey I am at now. Should be fun.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

Don't mind really, I would be so happy if I could go to any of the ones I am waiting on. But I could be happy with QMUL too. Living in east London would be quite different to the boarding school in Surrey I am at now. Should be fun.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's the thing that puts me off QMUL, it's in such a bad area!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's the thing that puts me off QMUL, it's in such a bad area!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought is seemed like quite a cool area, but it depends what your into I guess.
Have you decided what your doing?
Reply 16
Have you decided what your doing?

I'm still waiting to hear back from UCL, but if I don't get an offer from them I'll go to Queen Mary. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still waiting to hear back from UCL, but if I don't get an offer from them I'll go to Queen Mary. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still waiting for UCL and Warwick. But I will also firm Queen Mary if I don't get an offer. See you there maybe! But I am also thinking about looking at Nottingham through adjustment. I don't really want to take a gap year as it is too late to get a placement. Would you say QMUL is better than Birmingham?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending