The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AliRizzo
That and the fact that Mertesacker now has to start cos Gabriel's done his hammy. Going for a 3-1 to United.

Nah, Uniteds long ball tactics suit Merta perfectly tbh, would start him over Gabriel if the latter was fit simply because of that.

3-1 us if I'm feeling confident, let them have 70% possession then rip them a new one
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
but who seriously thinks wenger should keep his job? He's kept us stagnant for how many years. I wasn't even impressed with the FA Cup last year

This is the problem with many fans. Never impressed.
Original post by Arkasia
This is the problem with many fans. Never impressed.

lol did you actually watch the same arsenal as I did?
lol did you actually watch the same arsenal as I did?

The one who beat Everton, Tottenham and Liverpool to get to the final, then came back from 2-0 down to win?

I guess not.
Original post by Arkasia
The one who beat Everton, Tottenham and Liverpool to get to the final, then came back from 2-0 down to win?

I guess not.

so you're happy with a team that's constantly labelled as the 4th place team? with a manager who has outdated tactically awareness? mmmk
so you're happy with a team that's constantly labelled as the 4th place team? with a manager who has outdated tactically awareness? mmmk

I am happy with a team that lifted the FA Cup last year, and can do it again this year, you miserable cabbage.
Original post by Arkasia
I am happy with a team that lifted the FA Cup last year, and can do it again this year, you miserable cabbage.

so the FA cup is enough for you year in year out? that's very ambitious on your part
Miserable cabbage you know
but who seriously thinks wenger should keep his job? He's kept us stagnant for how many years. I wasn't even impressed with the FA Cup last year

Yea me. I wouldnt even be that annoyed if Wenger slept with my mother tbh
Original post by Zürich
Yea me. I wouldnt even be that annoyed if Wenger slept with my mother tbh

:laugh:
Original post by AR_95
Miserable cabbage you know

imagine the disrespect
Anyone else lol at the amount of times Wenger says "Look, err..." to journos? His go-to line along with "I believe errr we have a great mental strength" and "Playing with ze handbrake on".
Original post by AR_95
The idea that if we signed a striker last season but not Ozil instead we'd of "won the league" is false. Ozil played a great part in our form for the first half of the season.

It's not the idea that if you signed a striker rather than Ozil. It's the idea that if you signed Suarez rather than Ozil.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
It's not the idea that if you signed a striker rather than Ozil. It's the idea that if you signed Suarez rather than Ozil.

This! Fair play to Ozil he's done okay but he wasnt what we needed and if not suarez we could have had at least 2 very good defensive players which we've needed for years
so the FA cup is enough for you year in year out? that's very ambitious on your part

I know, I pride myself on my low standards of one national cup per year.
Original post by leinad2012
Nah, Uniteds long ball tactics suit Merta perfectly tbh, would start him over Gabriel if the latter was fit simply because of that.

3-1 us if I'm feeling confident, let them have 70% possession then rip them a new one

Unlikely we play like we did at City. Think we're gonna have the 70% possession and get destroyed on the counter even if we are away, United are absolutely dreadful though and they're due a beating.
Original post by Arkasia
I know, I pride myself on my low standards of one national cup per year.

lol each to their own I guess but the arsenal I know and remember actually won the MAIN national trophy and challenged for it year in year out
Original post by Lúcio
Because you made a post about football.
I found that funny.

:smile:

#banter
Original post by Arkasia
We were dominating the league last season for the most part. If we needed a striker, it would have to have been in the Jan transfer window. Who could we have signed? Berbatov? de Jong? No world class striker would leave their team in the middle of the season unless they were literally being shoved out by the club. It's all well and good saying 'we *might* have won if we signed a striker', but that's like me saying 'I *might* have got laid if I pulled a hot girl at my chess tournament'. Conjecture doesn't help anything. So what did Wenger do? The next best thing - he planned for the future. He had steadied out the club, hadn't sold anyone important, so he went in for a marquee signing. I firmly believe we might not have got Alexis if we didn't already have Ozil, because for the darling child of Madrid to come to Arsenal, it sent out a message that we meant business, and it laid foundations for the future.

Who said we couldn't have signed in the summer? Our cowardly manager did not put the money up he had no intention of buying one. You are a typical Wenger fanboy people like you won't stop until Arsenal ends up like Liverpool a disgrace with 25 years without a League title.
Original post by Arkasia

This as well. I think Ozil is just so good at being the man in the shadows pulling the strings, that people just genuinely don't notice him on the pitch, so they claim he is rubbish.

If you're referring to me I never said Ozil is rubbish in fact I said he's a great playmaker.
lol each to their own I guess but the arsenal I know and remember actually won the MAIN national trophy and challenged for it year in year out

Really? 'The Arsenal you know'? When did you start supporting them, around 2001? The Invincibles is NOT 'the Arsenal you know', they were a freak occurrence that even Mourinho wouldn't think he could emulate with enough regularity to claim it is the norm.

Latest