The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
Who said we couldn't have signed in the summer? Our cowardly manager did not put the money up he had no intention of buying one. You are a typical Wenger fanboy people like you won't stop until Arsenal ends up like Liverpool a disgrace with 25 years without a League title.

If you're referring to me I never said Ozil is rubbish in fact I said he's a great playmaker.

I wasn't referring to you, but if you would prefer to think that then ok :yy:

You know when I stop supporting Wenger? When we show NO signs of progressing, and when we are dangerously close to regressing. Arsenal have an amazing squad now that is capable of challenging, and that is why I think we need to overhaul our training regimes and fitness staff, not our manager. Buying a worldie of a striker in our current situation is like the captain of the Titanic trying to plug the hole in the hull by shoving his dick in it. The striker would get injured. Alternatively, what if we kept Wenger, kept our squad, and had the same number of injuries as, say, Chelsea? Imagine keeping players like Ozil, Walcott, Debuchy, Giroud, Ramsey, Wilshere etc for the entire season.
Original post by Arkasia

You know when I stop supporting Wenger? When we show NO signs of progressing, and when we are dangerously close to regressing. Arsenal have an amazing squad now that is capable of challenging, and that is why I think we need to overhaul our training regimes and fitness staff, not our manager. Buying a worldie of a striker in our current situation is like the captain of the Titanic trying to plug the hole in the hull by shoving his dick in it. The striker would get injured. Alternatively, what if we kept Wenger, kept our squad, and had the same number of injuries as, say, Chelsea? Imagine keeping players like Ozil, Walcott, Debuchy, Giroud, Ramsey, Wilshere etc for the entire season.

Shouldn't you have given up about 4 years ago then?

Arsenal's ceiling is 3rd/4th in the league, last 16 of CL and the odd cup run. Aka where they've been at for the past 10 years.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia

Progress? Is that what you call progress? :facepalm:
25 February 2015 Round of 16
Arsenal 1-3
Monaco

19 February 2014 Round of 16
Arsenal 0-2 Bayern

19 February 2013 Round of 16
Arsenal 1-3 Bayern

15 February 2012 Round of 16
Milan 4-0 Arsenal

8 March 2011 Round of 16
Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal

6 April 2010 Quarter Finals
Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal

If you look at this and think that's progress you must be either brainwashed or just stupid.
End of the day, Wenger has done so much for Arsenal that another 2 years of *just* finishing 3rd/4th and reaching the k/o stage of the CL with the outside chance of the Cup again is no big deal at all. The club is not going backwards, anyone who takes a look at our huge revenue growth over the last 3 years will tell you we are growing all the time and for the first time in a decade, we are now in a position to challenge the likes of Chelsea financially in the transfer market. Wenger could have pissed off in 2006 but he stuck around so I think it would be very un-Arsenal to give him the heave-ho now.

Not sure why some Arsenal fans think the era 1997-2006 is typical for Arsenal or will be replicated. That was a period when we had a genuinely world class manager and in an era before the Oil-clubs. Unfortunately, we're now in a situation when a title every decade with a sprinkling of cups would be par the course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
Really? 'The Arsenal you know'? When did you start supporting them, around 2001? The Invincibles is NOT 'the Arsenal you know', they were a freak occurrence that even Mourinho wouldn't think he could emulate with enough regularity to claim it is the norm.

Lol settle down son. I've supported arsenal all my life but we should have built on from the invincible era or at the very least maintained a top 2 status. A club of our stature shouldn't be fighting for 4th imo
Original post by sr90
Shouldn't you have given up about 4 years ago then?

Arsenal's ceiling is 3rd/4th in the league, last 16 of CL and the odd cup run. Aka where they've been at for the past 10 years.

And now that Fergie has left you, Utd are now showing their true level :lol:
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol settle down son. I've supported arsenal all my life but we should have built on from the invincible era or at the very least maintained a top 2 status. A club of our stature shouldn't be fighting for 4th imo

Soon it could be the case that whoever was leading the PL before the last game of the season, falls to fifth because they lost and their four rivals won
Original post by Arkasia
I am happy with a team that lifted the FA Cup last year, and can do it again this year, you miserable cabbage.

I wonder who's dupe account it is
Original post by AliRizzo
Unlikely we play like we did at City. Think we're gonna have the 70% possession and get destroyed on the counter even if we are away, United are absolutely dreadful though and they're due a beating.

If Vengs gets his tactics right he'd just sit back and let merta mop up then smash them on some tasty counter. Also high pressure would kill their defense just like it did Caulker yesterday.

If Vengs plays the smart game we'll see lvg's resignation on Tuesday morning...
Original post by leinad2012
I wonder who's dupe account it is

I express an opinion that isn't part of the TSR pessimistic hive mind = this must be a dupe account.

If Vengs plays the smart game we'll see lvg's resignation on Tuesday morning...

Precisely but how likely is he to change and adapt though?
Original post by Arkasia
I express an opinion that isn't part of the TSR pessimistic hive mind = this must be a dupe account.

Huh, no I mean that new /-()£%&-- whatever guy.
Account created today and his first act is to slate Arsenal and start a confrontation...
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Precisely but how likely is he to change and adapt though?

Well I assume he'll just do what he did against city but to a lesser degree
People act as though he's some idiot, he's won big games before and I'm sure he'll do it again
Account created today and his first act is to slate Arsenal and start a confrontation...

Let's find out who he is.
I'm actually a legit account just i forgot my previous p/w so I made this
Create a new account rather than reset password?

Original post by AR_95
Miserable cabbage you know

That's what I was thinking :lol: what a nice little dig.

Original post by Tom_Ford
Anyone else lol at the amount of times Wenger says "Look, err..." to journos? His go-to line along with "I believe errr we have a great mental strength" and "Playing with ze handbrake on".

No freaking way :rofl: It feels as though my thoughts are being extracted and posted here by others wtf. Especially the "look err" one. Everytime.

I was thinking he was a troll rather than a dupe from his reply to my FA Cup post. Oh well.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
That's what I was thinking :lol: what a nice little dig.

No freaking way :rofl: It feels as though my thoughts are being extracted and posted here by others wtf. Especially the "look err" one. Everytime.

For someone who has never seen an incident on a football pitch in his life he's got some nerve telling people to look :rolleyes:
For someone who has never seen an incident on a football pitch in his life he's got some nerve telling people to look :rolleyes:

To be fair to him, he does have to spend most of his time looking down at his jacket, trying to zip it up.

Latest