The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

The wait for Taylor Wessing is unreal. Bloody unreal.
Reply 4141
Original post by florence:)
Does anyone know if you're allowed a day off in a 2 week vac scheme? My graduation is in the middle of the second week of my vac scheme. Will it look bad even asking for a day off?

Depends on the firm - I asked about taking a day off to collect final degree results and they said no. However, graduation might be a stronger reason - no harm in asking!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're going to send an email to a firm asking when you'll hear back, who do you address it to? Just Grad Recruitment team or Dear Sir/Madam? Don't want to appear rude but the wait is torture!

(White & Case post video)
Reply 4143
PFO from Nabarro post AC.

Still waiting on Mishcon de Reya, I did the Video Interview a long time ago. Good things come to those who wait... right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Congrats to you too!:smile: I applied to the London office and there were two dates listed, it may vary between firms though..... Maybe email the firm?

Hey,
Can I ask when you applied to Penningtons?
I applied to Penningtons on deadline day but haven't heard back?
Is AC post application stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123_maggie
they also said

We are still considering any outstanding applications for DWF Training Contracts and will be in touch once the deadlines have passed. If you have not yet applied for a Training Contract we hope that the outcome of your interview does not discourage you from making an application in the future.
Does anyone knows if they going to consider my application form for TC?

I would definitely email them!

I got accepted but was also offered to go straight to the assessment centres for 2016 traineeships instead if I wanted. So if they haven't said I don't know if your app is still considered - I'd definetly email and ask!
anyone heard from Wragge post assessment day and got a vac scheme offer?
Original post by dierks
PFO from Nabarro post AC.

Still waiting on Mishcon de Reya, I did the Video Interview a long time ago. Good things come to those who wait... right?

When was your Nabarro assessment day?
Reply 4148
Original post by DonnieCA
When was your Nabarro assessment day?

I will private message you.
Original post by cutegirl15
Hey,
Can I ask when you applied to Penningtons?
I applied to Penningtons on deadline day but haven't heard back?
Is AC post application stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure - I applied on Friday and heard back yesterday :smile: yep the AC is the next round after application

Good luck, hope you hear soon!
Reply 4150
Original post by Ireneebeenie
Hey has anyone heard from BLP post AC?

Hi,

What was the AC for BLP like, if you don't mind me asking? I have mine in April.
Original post by TC39
Has anyone had any experience attempting to change VS dates with a firm when you have already signed a contract?

Have a VS with Shearman and Sterling, but received an offer with Dentons today. If I changed the dates of my S and S scheme to their second summer intake I would be able to complete both, but unsure of how to approach S and S about it, or whether I even should!?

How long did it take Dentons to get back to you post-interview?
Original post by TiredandHopeful
The wait for Taylor Wessing is unreal. Bloody unreal.

I think cruel would be a more appropriate word!
Gateley post telephone interview? Also any weightmans or trowers contact yet anyone?
Original post by Jingojango
Gateley post telephone interview? Also any weightmans or trowers contact yet anyone?

Nothing from weightmans yet
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4155
DWF offer :smile:
Original post by kalipso708

I read a post on this thread about someone giving them a ring and confirming that they're still reviewing apps and scheduling assesment days. So all is not lost.. I think. Still cruel. Still inhumane. Still law firm like.
Original post by kalipso708

.. Maybe we should email them asking for an update. Although they'll probably take twice as long to reply to that. Wow. Is all lost?
Original post by TiredandHopeful
.. Maybe we should email them asking for an update. Although they'll probably take twice as long to reply to that. Wow. Is all lost?

One of my friends called the other day and found out they're still going through applications apparently and will be in touch by mid-march... although tbh I think they're still keeping loads of applications in the maybe pile so they can have a big pool to choose from if people turn down vac scheme offers.

Emailing will probably only end up in a standard message so there's not much point.

I kind of made my peace with it for now. They WILL email everyone at some point... and if not, oh well, what can you do?
Trowers PFO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending