The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

On a side note, who here is going to the Chile vs Brazil game? I will cry myself to sleep for a month if Sanchez and/or Neymar get injured before it.
Original post by Arkasia
On a side note, who here is going to the Chile vs Brazil game? I will cry myself to sleep for a month if Sanchez and/or Neymar get injured before it.

Neymar? What are you gay?
Original post by Stalin
Neymar? What are you gay?

Wot
Original post by Arkasia
Wot

Why would you cry yourself to sleep for a month if Neymar gets injured?
Original post by Stalin
Why would you cry yourself to sleep for a month if Neymar gets injured?

hyperbole

noun, Rhetoric

1.obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2.an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”.

Original post by Arkasia

hyperbole

noun, Rhetoric

1.obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2.an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”.

We get that, but Neymar doesn't play for us and he's got a **** haircut.
Think I may have pulled tonight, some guy in the gym who said he was 18 (yeah, ok, :rolleyes:) started picking up a dumbbell for me and started winking at me all throughout my workout. Do I look like a ****ing homosexual or something?
Original post by Tom_Ford
Think I may have pulled tonight, some guy in the gym who said he was 18 (yeah, ok, :rolleyes:) started picking up a dumbbell for me and started winking at me all throughout my workout. Do I look like a ****ing homosexual or something?

Better question is why are you posting unrelated Arsenal nonsense on here instead of Misc?
Original post by sevchenko
Better question is why are you posting unrelated Arsenal nonsense on here instead of Misc?

**** knows, that pre-workout is still making my hands shake. Too much.

Had a good session at gym today. Deadlifted 90kg which is a personal achievement for me. Gains are coming thick and fast in all major departments, I'm feeling good.
Original post by Depleted
Had a good session at gym today. Deadlifted 90kg which is a personal achievement for me. Gains are coming thick and fast in all major departments, I'm feeling good.

For reps presumably?

how much did you start deadlifting at?

Nice one. I was at about 90kg D.L. this time last year after coming back from injury last year. I am at 160kg 1x5 at the moment, keep at it. (Albeit I have been training for years on and off, but, yeah, keep at it).

Could not squat today for love nor money, legs had still not recovered from Deadlifts 2 days ago.
Original post by Zürich
For reps presumably?

how much did you start deadlifting at?

Yeah that's getting 8 reps out, having done 3 previous at 10-12 reps (I'm on hypertrophy). I only weigh about 65kg so i feel proud of myself :smile:

Started deadlifting at probably 25kg, so pretty darn low.
Nice one. I was at about 90kg D.L. this time last year after coming back from injury last year. I am at 160kg 1x5 at the moment, keep at it. (Albeit I have been training for years on and off, but, yeah, keep at it).

Could not squat today for love nor money, legs had still not recovered from Deadlifts 2 days ago.

Thanks man, appreciate the motivation. Sorry to hear about your injury but glad to hear about your recovery, 160kg is very impressive.

Yeah I know them feels. I think I feel it less because lower weights than say you though etc.
Thanks man, appreciate the motivation. Sorry to hear about your injury but glad to hear about your recovery, 160kg is very impressive.

Yeah I know them feels. I think I feel it less because lower weights than say you though etc.

Lol you are 65kg, 143 pounds? That is exactly where I was last year. So you are pretty much exactly where I was last year in terms of lift and weights.

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
Lol you are 65kg, 143 pounds? That is exactly where I was last year. So you are pretty much exactly where I was last year in terms of lift and weights.

Yeah around there, I've fluctuated to 68kg ish but usually around that 145lb mark. Pretty inspiring to hear the gains you've made though, a lot more optimistic now tbh... Having said that you probably made freakish gains that I won't be able to haha.
Yeah around there, I've fluctuated to 68kg ish but usually around that 145lb mark. Pretty inspiring to hear the gains you've made though, a lot more optimistic now tbh... Having said that you probably made freakish gains that I won't be able to haha.

I am very organised and dedicated with diet and mental preparation. Also preparedness to put a bit of fat on after the initial newb stage (which will be cut off anyway later on) to get stronger and put on more muscle mass by breaking past strength plateaus. You have to take food and recovery/lifestyle every bit as seriously as work in the gym.

Would recommend you to start off with a basic strength programme until you milk the gains off that. Then after that moving onto a strength+hypertrophy hybrid programme. As you are a newb, your body is going to grow if you consistently add weight to the bar (progressive overload) and eat at aroun 400-500 cals above maintenance. Simple stuff really, keep it basic with compounds.
Yeah that's getting 8 reps out, having done 3 previous at 10-12 reps (I'm on hypertrophy). I only weigh about 65kg so i feel proud of myself :smile:

Started deadlifting at probably 25kg, so pretty darn low.

What's your squat?
Original post by Stalin
What's your squat?

Squat at 80kg atm, but in fairness I'm recovering from an ACL injury I obtained last year.
I am very organised and dedicated with diet and mental preparation. Also preparedness to put a bit of fat on after the initial newb stage (which will be cut off anyway later on) to get stronger and put on more muscle mass by breaking past strength plateaus. You have to take food and recovery/lifestyle every bit as seriously as work in the gym.

Would recommend you to start off with a basic strength programme until you milk the gains off that. Then after that moving onto a strength+hypertrophy hybrid programme. As you are a newb, your body is going to grow if you consistently add weight to the bar (progressive overload) and eat at aroun 400-500 cals above maintenance. Simple stuff really, keep it basic with compounds.

Yeah I agree. I mean I've been training for 7 months solid now and I've been trying to do a clean bulk, and whilst progress is occurring (e.g abs coming in, muscle mass increasing) it's not nearly as fast as I hoped it might be. My diet is good- plenty of vitamins and protein but there's not that much carbs in it albeit.

Yeah I kinda started straight on hypertrophy. In hindsight it maybe was a bad idea, but in the long run its more likely to benefit me in terms of the body I want (I'd rather be lean that bigger).

Latest