The Student Room Group

Can your offer get taken back?

So I firmed a conditional offer, and I'm worrying about even if I firmed my offer could they take it back?
Original post by ATaylorBun
So I firmed a conditional offer, and I'm worrying about even if I firmed my offer could they take it back?

Did you lie in your application?

If so, then yes.

In very rare cases an offer made by mistake will be withdrawn. There are about 1.8 million offers a year. Probably fewer than 100 accepted offers will be withdrawn. That means it is far more likely that you will be killed in a car accident before starting university than you will have your offer withdrawn.

Every year a very few undersubscribed courses will be cancelled. Therefore if you choose to read something very obscure at a university that struggles to recruit, the course might be cancelled.
Reply 2
Original post by nulli tertius
Did you lie in your application?

If so, then yes.

In very rare cases an offer made by mistake will be withdrawn. There are about 1.8 million offers a year. Probably fewer than 100 accepted offers will be withdrawn. That means it is far more likely that you will be killed in a car accident before starting university than you will have your offer withdrawn.

Every year a very few undersubscribed courses will be cancelled. Therefore if you choose to read something very obscure at a university that struggles to recruit, the course might be cancelled.

I didn't lie. Thank you. I was worrying for no reason.
Reply 3
Original post by ATaylorBun
I didn't lie. Thank you. I was worrying for no reason.

Well, maybe now just watch out for the car crash.
This thread is 5yrs old. They’ve graduated by now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending