The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

PFO from Trowers & Hamlin. Not really surprised.
Reply 4161
Original post by michaelscott111
How long did it take Dentons to get back to you post-interview?

Heard back the next day
Reply 4162
Anyone heard from eversheds post interview? Or does anyone have an interview with eversheds soon?
Apparently, TW withdrew my application because all their places were filled. Sigh.
Original post by TiredandHopeful
Apparently, TW withdrew my application because all their places were filled. Sigh.

Really? How do you know? Did you call or did they finally start sending emails?
Original post by Sian.
Anyone heard from eversheds post interview? Or does anyone have an interview with eversheds soon?

I have been invited to a face to face interview today, have you heard anything?
Original post by kalipso708
Really? How do you know? Did you call or did they finally start sending emails?

E-mails. I mean if there was an over-abundance of applications, either push your deadline to make it a little earlier or make an effort to notify potential applicants through a readily available medium like, oh I don't know, the internet maybe.
Original post by Procrastination1
PFO from Trowers & Hamlin. Not really surprised.

Sorry to hear about the pfo. Do you mind me asking which office you applied to and when? :smile:
Morgan Lewis? Sidley Austin? Orrick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone aware of 2015 DWF London salary details?
Original post by wanttobelawyer
Sorry to hear about the pfo. Do you mind me asking which office you applied to and when? :smile:

Sure I applied to the London office on the 28th Feb. Best of luck :smile:
Original post by FolioImi
Morgan Lewis? Sidley Austin? Orrick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing from Morgan Lewis, it's been 5 weeks!
Original post by BrentfordFan
Trowers PFO

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking when you applied and to which office?
Original post by TiredandHopeful
E-mails. I mean if there was an over-abundance of applications, either push your deadline to make it a little earlier or make an effort to notify potential applicants through a readily available medium like, oh I don't know, the internet maybe.

Just got the email too. Maybe it's because I am angry... but it sounds like "we couldn't be bothered to get to your application so after finding 20 reasonably skilled people we just got those and we threw all other applications in the bin"
Original post by florence:)
Does anyone know if you're allowed a day off in a 2 week vac scheme? My graduation is in the middle of the second week of my vac scheme. Will it look bad even asking for a day off?

By all means do ask the graduate recruitment! I think that's definitely a valid excuse. Any firm that forbids you from attending your GRADUATION for vac scheme is probably not a firm you would want to work for. :tongue:

You can always offer to stay for an extra day to make up for it, though I don't think that's necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem...

I am currently a second year law undergraduate. I have secured two vacation schemes in the summer, with my second one finishing on the 7th August. I really want to go away travelling this summer, but because of the two vacation schemes, it would have to be after they have finished.

However... as I will also be applying directly for training contracts, I am conscious that interviews for these will be taking place during August and September, which is the only time I will be apply to go away.

Does anyone know whether many people have this problem and therefore apply for TC's when they open again for final year non-law students in the Autumn? Baring in mind I would then be a third year law student.

Any help/guidance on this would be great as I'm struggling to find anything on the websites of the firms!
PFO from Taylor Wessing (they said they are full) and Withers.

Happy Friday
Original post by lawwwwwwwwgal
PFO from Taylor Wessing (they said they are full) and Withers.

Happy Friday

Would you mind posting the email TW sent? I think i got something similar
Reply 4178
Just finished the Lewis Silkin video... not sure what to think of it :/
Original post by kalipso708
Just got the email too. Maybe it's because I am angry... but it sounds like "we couldn't be bothered to get to your application so after finding 20 reasonably skilled people we just got those and we threw all other applications in the bin"

That's exactly what it sounds like. They weren't even subtle about it. What a farce

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending