The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rubytues96
Btw, what date would lse 1st term start? 1st September?

24th of September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hey Guys, I have applied to accounting and finance at the LSE, and I just took the UGAA on tuesday. My precis and maths was good, but I blew up the essay real bad. Do you think I have a chance?
Original post by anyonenobody
24th of September

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant!! (if I *cough* get *cough* an offer *cough:smile:) lol
Original post by kewbacca
Better keep your word on that! Why don't you invite all of us out for drinks during freshers week haha

loool great shout, I'll actually do that!
NB (only open to hot girls on this thread)
Original post by djsimpy

Free drinks?

heyyyy xx
Original post by jchap9776
Just need somebody to email LSE asking if they're still considering the application and then to post on here that they replied and didn't get rejected

Got my offer for econ today, I emailed them last week saying how long left (applied before oxbridge deadline)

They do it in batch process, but I think now its all down to personal statement if its good enough compared to the rest of the batch you will get an offer.
Original post by Ecoman123
Got my offer for econ today, I emailed them last week saying how long left (applied before oxbridge deadline)

They do it in batch process, but I think now its all down to personal statement if its good enough compared to the rest of the batch you will get an offer.
ah cool, congrats on your offer! Did they reply to your email saying they were still reviewing the application? Tbf it's so close to March 31 that I won't have too much longer to wait :smile:
Original post by jchap9776
ah cool, congrats on your offer! Did they reply to your email saying they were still reviewing the application? Tbf it's so close to March 31 that I won't have too much longer to wait :smile:

yeah
Original post by Ecoman123
yeah

Decent
Original post by djsimpy

Yeah make sure we have some Jack Ü on during pre-drinks haha, or a bit of drizzy
The fact that LSE do it in batches, surely there's quite a lot of luck involved with regards to the strength of the rest of the applications in your cohort?
Original post by MrBowcat
The fact that LSE do it in batches, surely there's quite a lot of luck involved with regards to the strength of the rest of the applications in your cohort?

True, I guess offers per batch deviates around a target value. Just peak if you're in the last batch!!
Original post by MaxiGassauer
I sent of my UCAS application on January 12th. On the 27th they mailed me an update email that (at least that's what I've heard) everyone receives.

On the 6th of February I got a new mail saying that my application is now under consideration by the Admission Selector and this step can take up to 8 weeks (which would have been a couple of days after the 31st)

So I was actually really baffled when I received my offer today, I thought FOR SURE it would take them until the last week of March.

Wow that was super fast! I have been waiting since November :smile: May I ask your predicted grades?
Original post by winnerjang
Wow that was super fast! I have been waiting since November :smile: May I ask your predicted grades?

Lucky you, I have been waiting since October)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4334
Original post by winnerjang

My application followed a similar timeline. I applied on January 14th and received an offer on February 12th. I was also expecting a much longer wait!
Original post by mmms95
Is it worth mentioning to LSE that I'm doing AEA in June 2015?? I didn't mention it on my UCAS because I wasn't sure I was gonna take it but now I have to, LSE is the onlyo uni I am waiting for(also I don't know how to update my ucas so I think I'll just email them)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't add anything to your application now, it's too late.

I'd just leave it in caution of not sounding pushy or nervous. Just keep waiting like everyone else. It's hard but you've come far enough now to wait a couple weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Econ rejection :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PeteMez

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way! You've been waiting ages aswell! When did you get it? :frown:
11:17. Personal statement not strong enough in comparison to everyone else's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PeteMez

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that:frown:
Don't let this get you down, you'll go to an amazing uni regardless!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending