The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone actually had a rejection from Eversheds? Last year I got a PFO the day after my phone interview but this year I've had nothing and it's been about a week and a half. I know they're still doing phone interviews and have started face to face ones, so I don't know if this means I'm in the 'maybe' pile or they're just waiting til spaces are filled to reject people this year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lucykinzz
Has anyone actually had a rejection from Everheds? Last year I got a PFO the day after my phone interview but this year ive had notbing and it's been about a week and a half. I know they're still phone interviews and have started face to face ones, so I don't know if this means I'm in the 'maybe' pile or they're just waiting til spaces are filled to reject people this year?

I think that they have done certain offices interviews earlier. By the sound of it they started the Telephone Interviews earlier for Manchester and Leeds. I had my Telephone Interview last Friday and I am still waiting to hear back from them. Which office have you applied for?
Finally a PFO from RPC
Original post by legal_nyx
Finally a PFO from RPC

Post interview or?
STILL nothing from W&C... notice me senpai
Original post by adriennbrigden
I think that they have done certain offices interviews earlier. By the sound of it they started the Telephone Interviews earlier for Manchester and Leeds. I had my Telephone Interview last Friday and I am still waiting to hear back from them. Which office have you applied for?

Leeds, so they're probably ones that they've already started face to face interviewing for. Well at least if they reject me ive beaten last year's record of 24 hours!
Original post by lucykinzz
Leeds, so they're probably ones that they've already started face to face interviewing for. Well at least if they reject me ive beaten last year's record of 24 hours!

Some people have been waiting for two weeks to hear a reply, so don't give up yet - it might be good news. Good luck!
Original post by IValkov
Post interview or?

Not even. Just from my app
Reply 4188
Original post by Hazza77
I have been invited to a face to face interview today, have you heard anything?

What office was this for?

No I had my face to face in Manchester on Tuesday and not heard anything but they didn't say when I would hear by.
RPC post app PFO finally
Trowers interview! Just when I was beginning to despair! :biggrin:
Original post by mcg2011
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem...

I am currently a second year law undergraduate. I have secured two vacation schemes in the summer, with my second one finishing on the 7th August. I really want to go away travelling this summer, but because of the two vacation schemes, it would have to be after they have finished.

However... as I will also be applying directly for training contracts, I am conscious that interviews for these will be taking place during August and September, which is the only time I will be apply to go away.

Does anyone know whether many people have this problem and therefore apply for TC's when they open again for final year non-law students in the Autumn? Baring in mind I would then be a third year law student.

Any help/guidance on this would be great as I'm struggling to find anything on the websites of the firms!

I had a similar problem - Would you mind having a gap year before starting your TC? I'm not sure if it's worth waiting to apply in the Autumn for TCs just to have a few weeks of travelling this summer.

You may end up securing TC offers of the back of your vac schemes which would allow you to pass up on TC apps and go travelling (assuming they will let you know at the end of your scheme)

You can always go travelling after uni/post LPC, most firms work it out so that you have some free time either before or after your LPC. If you decide to make the TC apps, then you pretty much will have to be around until September time..
Original post by twizzzzzzter
RPC post app PFO finally

Did you do an interview there?
Original post by Sian.
What office was this for?

No I had my face to face in Manchester on Tuesday and not heard anything but they didn't say when I would hear by.

This was for the London office.

How did your interview go? What sort of questions did they ask?

I am sure they will get back to you soon, fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Original post by pink_floyd
Would you mind posting the email TW sent? I think i got something similar

I imagine its the same: very long email about the amount of applications they had and attached was a pdf explaining application pitfalls...
Original post by Hazza77
I have been invited to a face to face interview today, have you heard anything?

congrats! may i ask how long it took for them to get back to you after phone interview? thanks
Has anyone gotten a post-app PFO from Holman Fenwick? I've sent my app off but I've still got no reply back after 3 weeks or so, so I'm starting to think it's a silent PFO.
Original post by Able star
Has anyone gotten a post-app PFO from Holman Fenwick? I've sent my app off but I've still got no reply back after 3 weeks or so, so I'm starting to think it's a silent PFO.

Just got one this afternoon
Original post by auroa17
Is this video interview you are talking about or face to face?

Video. I'm pretty sure they only do video interviews for the summer scheme. How did you find it btw? The time pressure really did me in because I find that when I stall I get really conscious of the time ticking away and I start trying to force it.
Original post by sg7402a
Just got one this afternoon

Ah. When did you send your app off?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending