The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Looking to make friends before I arrive (September start)

As the title says,

I'll be attending The university of Leeds this year; Unconditional offer for Applied Computer Science, I'm not coming straight out of school, so i won't be going with anyone I know, Uni is a great place to meet people, but I think it would be nice to know at least someone before I get there,

So yeah, My names Sam, 20 years old, I'm easy going, open to pretty much anything, and I'd like to think im fun to be around :biggrin:

Reply here or PM me if you'd like,

Hope to hear from you soon!

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I have applied for the Uni and have got an interview offer.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Wincastle
Hey! I have applied for the Uni and have got an interview offer.

Hey! what course are you trying to get onto? :smile:
Reply 3
Hey Sam, just turned 20 myself! Switching to Sociology so I'll be an ageing fresher too haha, more than happy to meet up for when September comes around :smile:

Don't worry about not knowing anyone though, the vast majority of people are in the same position as you, and likewise, would like to meet new people.
Original post by Sam.Turner
As the title says,

I'll be attending The university of Leeds this year; Unconditional offer for Applied Computer Science, I'm not coming straight out of school, so i won't be going with anyone I know, Uni is a great place to meet people, but I think it would be nice to know at least someone before I get there,

So yeah, My names Sam, 20 years old, I'm easy going, open to pretty much anything, and I'd like to think im fun to be around :biggrin:

Why did you take 2 years out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! what course are you trying to get onto? :smile:

English Language and Literature. :smile:
Reply 6
Hi! Im doing sociology at Leeds :smile:
Reply 7
As the title says,

hey Sam, I'm Elysee, also 20 and out of education a while. I'll be going into child nursing. Im moving up with my partner who is into computer programming. Will you be moving into halls?
Reply 8
Original post by Cooban
Hey Sam, just turned 20 myself! Switching to Sociology so I'll be an ageing fresher too haha, more than happy to meet up for when September comes around :smile:

Don't worry about not knowing anyone though, the vast majority of people are in the same position as you, and likewise, would like to meet new people.

Hey! i'm 19, also doing sociology how exciting. Haha, i've been struggling to track down some sociology applicants!
Reply 9
Original post by Abihope_
Hey! i'm 19, also doing sociology how exciting. Haha, i've been struggling to track down some sociology applicants!

Haha same! Until now! :smile: Are you doing the regular 3 year sociology course? Or with placements or study abroad etc?
Reply 10
I just applied for the three year course, what about you? (:
Reply 11
I just applied for the three year course, what about you? (:

Me too! :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Sehrish1
Me too! :tongue:

Awesome! Okay i have a question that EVERYONE seems to be asking, where are thinking of applying for accommodation?
Reply 13
Awesome! Okay i have a question that EVERYONE seems to be asking, where are thinking of applying for accommodation?

Haha, actually I don't live too far from Leeds, so works out better financially to commute, rather than to live in halls :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Sehrish1
Haha, actually I don't live too far from Leeds, so works out better financially to commute, rather than to live in halls :frown:

Oh no! That's probably a blessing in disguise though, i'm working out my finance and i'm gonna be BROKEEE
Reply 15
Oh no! That's probably a blessing in disguise though, i'm working out my finance and i'm gonna be BROKEEE

Haha I know! The student life is a poor life! :biggrin: I have contemplated saving up but it doesn't seem to be working out! :eek:
Hopefully if i get the grades i will be going to leeds this september. I'm planning to study Applied computer science xD i want to change to computer science if i do better than predicated. Yeah i'm 19 turning 20 later on this year.

The course seems difficult, i thought most students only going uni 2 or 3 days but comp science is everyday, full days i don't know i feel about this.
Reply 17
Oh daym, that's hard core. I feel for you! Hahah, they're seriously all day? 9-5?
Original post by mohamedm300
Hopefully if i get the grades i will be going to leeds this september. I'm planning to study Applied computer science xD i want to change to computer science if i do better than predicated. Yeah i'm 19 turning 20 later on this year.

The course seems difficult, i thought most students only going uni 2 or 3 days but comp science is everyday, full days i don't know i feel about this.

Leeds axcept A level resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Oh daym, that's hard core. I feel for you! Hahah, they're seriously all day? 9-5?

Sociology only has something like 9 contact hours per week. I'm just hoping there's no 9am seminars :')

accommodation?

I was in the Tannery for the first semester of the 2014 intake, it was pretty good although the trek up the hill to Uni was the killer.
If I was going into halls again, I'd definitely choose central village though!

Quick Reply

Latest